Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He stayed about 3 hours. It’s meant to be 2 so at least he got a bit longer.

No more visiting allowed now tho so hopefully we can go home tonight/in the morning x
Glad he got a wee bit longer, but absolutely shocking that that is how long fathers are being allowed to stay to support their partner and see their new baby. Must be so hard for them, and for women who could really use the help.

Reactions: 5
Glad he got a wee bit longer, but absolutely shocking that that is how long fathers are being allowed to stay to support their partner and see their new baby. Must be so hard for them, and for women who could really use the help.
I find this so bad too, I’m stressing about how it’s going to be when I have my baby in 3 and a half months. My husband will go off his head if he’s told he can’t come in or he has to leave 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can tell he’s more upset at missing the birth than he’s letting on 😥 I feel like crying cos I’m so upset. Can tell once I’m home I will have a good cry. I ended up in the room on my own screaming cos I knew I needed to push and no one was with me.

Hope the rest of you who are due don’t have to labour alone, but if it does happen our bodies are amazing and we can do more than we think we can.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I can tell he’s more upset at missing the birth than he’s letting on 😥 I feel like crying cos I’m so upset. Can tell once I’m home I will have a good cry. I ended up in the room on my own screaming cos I knew I needed to push and no one was with me.

Hope the rest of you who are due don’t have to labour alone, but if it does happen our bodies are amazing and we can do more than we think we can.
Sorry this happened to you ❤
Did they say you could call him at a certain time/when you were so far along?

That's also the problem I find, they go by text book times for births. She refused to check me with my first because she kept saying no, it's your first, you can't be far enough along yet

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Sorry this happened to you ❤
Did they say you could call him at a certain time/when you were so far along?

That's also the problem I find, they go by text book times for births. She refused to check me with my first because she kept saying no, it's your first, you can't be far enough along yet
Yes they told my sister her waters had not broken, and they refused to examine her. She had her first baby a few hrs later, 6 weeks early.

I find this so bad too, I’m stressing about how it’s going to be when I have my baby in 3 and a half months. My husband will go off his head if he’s told he can’t come in or he has to leave 😑
I don’t know if much will have changed by the , I’m due end of April and not expecting to be able to see my husband after the initial birth and move to the ward. Unfortunately nothing that can be done about it.

Reactions: 2

Aw I hope you’re both ok. That’s really hard. Once you’re home you get to all be together 🧡

Was he not allowed there for the induction?

Yes they told my sister her waters had not broken, and they refused to examine her. She had her first baby a few hrs later, 6 weeks early.

I don’t know if much will have changed by the , I’m due end of April and not expecting to be able to see my husband after the initial birth and move to the ward. Unfortunately nothing that can be done about it.
I’m due May 1st, we must be days apart 😂 I know I’m just going to keep trying to think positive and hope it will be slightly better by then, if not then hopefully will only be in the hospital for 1 day

Reactions: 4
I’m due May 1st, we must be days apart 😂 I know I’m just going to keep trying to think positive and hope it will be slightly better by then, if not then hopefully will only be in the hospital for 1 day
I’m April 26th, but will be having a section so I’m counting down to 19th instead and hoping for the best! I'm also hoping to be kicked out quickly from hospital. with the last one he stayed home quite a bit with the older two and my parents and sister visited instead, but obviously that definitely won’t happen this time, so I’m hoping to get my section nice and early in the day and home the next day so I’m not driven mad with boredom alone 😂

@Stimpii congratulations on your lovely new wee lassie ❤ I’m sorry it didn’t go quite to plan and that DH missed it - 100% not your fault, you had no idea how it would pan out. Please don’t feel guilty, you have enough to handle at the moment! Xx

That’s so sad 😔 but glad you and baby are safe and sounds like you handled it like a champ.

I’ve been to breast clinic today, had some weird skin changes and swelling on my breast for a few weeks and GP referred me on cancer pathway. Thankfully scan was fine and I’m free to go, feel so relieved!! End up having all sorts of awful scenarios running through your head.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Re partners not being allowed in.
My hospital’s visiting hours are 2-6. Really conveniently timed so most people can’t finish work and make it in time.
Just pushing them an hour later would make such a difference.
I don’t want OH taking his time off until we’re home so if we stay in, we’re on our own.
They are at least trying to let C-section women home the next day at the moment. But then, if they would usually stay, they probably should still now 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s all a worry we don’t need

That’s so sad 😔 but glad you and baby are safe and sounds like you handled it like a champ.

I’ve been to breast clinic today, had some weird skin changes and swelling on my breast for a few weeks and GP referred me on cancer pathway. Thankfully scan was fine and I’m free to go, feel so relieved!! End up having all sorts of awful scenarios running through your head.
oh gosh that must have been frightening, so glad to hear everything is ok. Not quite the same, but I had to get a mole checked out this week as it’s changedshape and colour,but dr said it looks fine and that it’s probably just pregnancy changes. But I also had lots of scenarios in my mind. actually for the first time I understood why people sometimes don’t go to the doctors when they think something is wrong, I was terrified of hearing negative news and almost put it off.

• Heart
9A8AB66F-E627-4650-A334-078A0CF8D0BA.jpeg

Hi everyone, follow up from yesterday’s faint positive, I started bleeding heavy at 4am and it’s stopped around dinner time today. I have taken this cheap Amazon test around half a hour ago and stopped bleeding, still showing a faint positive. I think it’s probably been a chemical.. what do you think I should do? Do I need to ring the doctors or just let nature take it’s course? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you xx

Attachments

View attachment 387077
Hi everyone, follow up from yesterday’s faint positive, I started bleeding heavy at 4am and it’s stopped around dinner time today. I have taken this cheap Amazon test around half a hour ago and stopped bleeding, still showing a faint positive. I think it’s probably been a chemical.. what do you think I should do? Do I need to ring the doctors or just let nature take it’s course? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you xx
I wouldn’t ring the doctor yet, I’d see how the bleeding goes and Mabye try and test again in a few days, they probably won’t see you just now unless you were certain you were pregnant and then started bleeding x

I wouldn’t ring the doctor yet, I’d see how the bleeding goes and Mabye try and test again in a few days, they probably won’t see you just now unless you were certain you were pregnant and then started bleeding x
I will do, thank you very much xx

View attachment 387077
I'd ring the doctors when you can and just let them know, if it makes you feel better however, they'll more than likely tell you to just let nature take its course.
The test may take a while to go negative though.
Although my miscarriage was a bit further on, it took 4 weeks to actually go negative

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.