Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have had the results back from cvs and baby is postive for Down syndrome. We are speaking to hospital tommorow to talk everything over xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This message is lovely and has really helped me! 🥰🥰I cant thank you enough. I never thought of it like that before- a short lived pain. It’s really making me think of it in a different way.
it means such a lot that you have taken the time to put my mind at rest xxx
I remember how terrified I was before my first and like you everyone told me all the things that could go wrong and about all their horrific births. I hate to hear of anyone feeling that way when it’s not the case the vast majority of the time. I wish someone had told me it’s not all doom and gloom, So glad I have helped ease your anxiety a bit. It will be hard it will be painful. But it will end and you will
Have a beautiful little baby at the end of it. Good luck with everything xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had my 12 week scan today, everything looks great although I got scolded for not drinking enough to fill my bladder up 😂, pretty hard when every mouthful you want to spew 🙃.

Has anyone had the nub theory done? I know it's a bit of a gimmick but curious if anyone has done it and it's been right!
The nub theory said my 2 pregnancies were girls and they were right 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We have had the results back from cvs and baby is postive for Down syndrome. We are speaking to hospital tommorow to talk everything over xxx
We’re here to support you no matter what xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I watched a couple of eps of one born every minute earlier. What surprised me is just how much waiting around and joking and chatting there is, including the mother! I know labour can take days but in my head I assumed the entire time was really intense. Was quite reassuring actually. Not sure if I just happened to watch 2 less dramatic episodes!

I watched a couple of eps of one born every minute earlier. What surprised me is just how much waiting around and joking and chatting there is, including the mother! I know labour can take days but in my head I assumed the entire time was really intense. Was quite reassuring actually. Not sure if I just happened to watch 2 less dramatic episodes!
At the beginning of labour, I sat doing puzzles for a good 3 or 4 hours inbetween contractions 😂
The rest after that is a bit of a blur. Apart from having the gas and air taken off me because I threw up over several midwives 😂
And then the rest, the few seconds I was having between, I was falling asleep 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember how terrified I was before my first and like you everyone told me all the things that could go wrong and about all their horrific births. I hate to hear of anyone feeling that way when it’s not the case the vast majority of the time. I wish someone had told me it’s not all doom and gloom, So glad I have helped ease your anxiety a bit. It will be hard it will be painful. But it will end and you will
Have a beautiful little baby at the end of it. Good luck with everything xx
Thank you, such lovely words- so comforting yet honest. It’s what I needed to hear. I feel like when you get pregnant everyone has an opinion. And a lot have negative undertones to it too, which I don’t understand. For eg, a friend today was like ‘enjoy taking a poo in peace’ and ‘good luck with the heartburn’ I mean why so negative? If it’s that bad why do women have babies? It’s like some people try and outdo others with their birth horror stories and make being a parent out to be a bad thing- and quite honestly as a first time pregnancy all these things people say I find really hard to navigate ! And so to hear someone being honest yet positive means such a lot to me.
I really do love this thread because everyone is supportive and helpful. It certainty makes a change from all the bad or negative things that people say.
Thank you so very much xx

Reactions: 7
At the beginning of labour, I sat doing puzzles for a good 3 or 4 hours inbetween contractions 😂
The rest after that is a bit of a blur. Apart from having the gas and air taken off me because I threw up over several midwives 😂
And then the rest, the few seconds I was having between, I was falling asleep 😂
I done the same I had a sudoku book with me think I done at least 30 😂 and as soon as I had the gas and air and morphine everything is a blur 🙈

Reactions: 2
This message is lovely and has really helped me! 🥰🥰I cant thank you enough. I never thought of it like that before- a short lived pain. It’s really making me think of it in a different way.
it means such a lot that you have taken the time to put my mind at rest xxx
My pregnancy yoga teacher calls it “pain with purpose”

Keep chatting with us if it helps xxx hope you get all your questions answered tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
, preferences for hospital to give birth in (lol I had absolutely no idea and just randomly picked one),
If you have a few to chose from it’s well worth having a look at the reviews of each. Standards, equipment, staff all vary greatly.
Hopefully Covid will be long gone by then but also Covid procedures vary across trusts and hospitals in terms of what partners are allowed to join you for

Haha I love them. I still buy them when they’re on offer 😁 I’m 7+2 was in the old thread but just been lurking on this one!

Gahh so frustrating - it’s so strange how different the care is based on where you are?! Is it your first baby? Hopefully they’ll be better after your 12 week scan 🤞🏼

That sounds so rubbish, sorry you’re suffering 😔 it was so comprehensive - basically got asked loads of questions about medical history, personal situation, preferences for hospital to give birth in (lol I had absolutely no idea and just randomly picked one), height/weight, took loads of blood (like 4 vials of it?!) and a urine sample. OH and also booked my phone cal for 16 weeks. Pretty surprised they did all this as I’m only 7 weeks and everything seems so so far away!
Are you close to other hospitals?
I've never been given a choice haha 😂

I wouldn’t worry too much, first trimester is about survival lol I ate so much toast and crisps 🤦🏻‍♀️
Love this, all about survival. You’re Absolutely right! I was living on cheese toasties , ice lollies and chips ! I felt so guilty cause of the crap I was eating , but it was either that nothing at all. I couldn’t stomach anything else!

Reactions: 6
If you have a few to chose from it’s well worth having a look at the reviews of each. Standards, equipment, staff all vary greatly.
Hopefully Covid will be long gone by then but also Covid procedures vary across trusts and hospitals in terms of what partners are allowed to join you for
Agree - worth asking any friends or colleagues you have who have had babies recently. I chose mine as I’ve had a few friends give birth there and have good experiences plus they do remifentanil PCA as a pain relief option for which not everywhere does (very fast acting). Plus my local hospital generally has a reputation of being good for high risk medically complex pregnancy and not great for your average pregnancy (I know this mainly from colleagues)

I'm pretty sure it's a girl!

Just for fun there's also a Chinese gender predictor online if you Google it... Mine was right although there was always gonna be a 5050 chance haha. But there was a Mumsnet thread a while ago where most of them said it was right!
Haha I’ve just done the Chinese gender prediction, it told me I’m having a girl!
I certainly hope not, I’ve been told on my 20 week scan it’s a boy, plus I’ve seen his bits and bobs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope your appointment goes as well as it can. We’re all here for you if you want to talk xxx

• Haha
I’m in between two hospitals and I could have gone to either of them but chose the one I was born in however my scan is booked at the county hospital near to me. Tonight I’ve had chicken goujons and ketchup. My sense of smell is crazy at the moment!

• Haha
Sending lots of love to you, I feel like everyone on this thread is very supportive & hopefully you get some more answers tomorrow xxx

Reactions: 7
Sending you lots of love. Difficult conversations are exactly as they sound. Hoping you have lots of support around you both, and don’t be afraid to ask every question. Whatever decision you make will be the right one ❤

I never thought I’d be given a choice especially not so early! I’ve got 32 weeks to go 😬

Thank you, none of this even occurred to me, I think I was a bit taken aback by being asked haha. Yes hopefully! And one of my friends did her midwife training at one of them so I’ll ask her. None of my friends have babies yet but plenty of my husbands’ friends do. I’ve got a while before I need to make a firm decision anyway!

I have no advice to give but just wanted to send love and really hope tomorrow isn’t too difficult x

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.