Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never really get along with pregnancy pillows. Can’t get comfy with them & they just get in the way when having to take multiple toilet trips in the night. I find using a regular pillow under my bump is better.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if it was a silly question haha 😂
I'm thinking I could do with one.
I always bunch my duvet up at the side of me and between my legs to make it more comfy
You should get one! I got mine from Dunelm it was really cheap, I have a few different pillow covers for it too one is a teddy soft material it’s amazing 🥰

They support the bump as it gets bigger, help pelvis by sleeping with it between your legs and if you get back ache you can kind of bunch it up for support. Helps to stop rolling onto your back too.
I’ve just got a half moon dense memory foam wedge to go under my bump laying on the side. It’s a massive help to take the weight off and stop it dragging down, because I’m so out in front but not the sides it bridges the gap between bump and bed. Wish I’d had it around 32 weeks. I’ll get a triangle bump wedge next time I think too but I guess it depends on the shape of your bump.

8 weeks pregnant today ☺ Feel like I’ve been pregnant for MONTHS!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
New to the thread. 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. My first pregnancy was full of problems but I was morbidly obese and had to be induced and was in hospital 3 times a week from around 30 weeks
It's such a different pregnancy, I'm still considered high risk (I've lost 7 stone) but only because I had pre-eclampsia last time. Having a scan next week to make sure all is good but my consultant said there are no issues this time around. Fingers crossed for my planned water birth, just wish we wasn't in a pandemic!
How are you all doing?

Reactions: 6
New to the thread. 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. My first pregnancy was full of problems but I was morbidly obese and had to be induced and was in hospital 3 times a week from around 30 weeks
It's such a different pregnancy, I'm still considered high risk (I've lost 7 stone) but only because I had pre-eclampsia last time. Having a scan next week to make sure all is good but my consultant said there are no issues this time around. Fingers crossed for my planned water birth, just wish we wasn't in a pandemic!
How are you all doing?
Fingers crossed for you!
I was massively overweight for my first 2 but luckily had a healthy pregnancy with both.
I'm close to you as I'm 30 weeks 😊

How are you all doing?
Welcome!
I’m 32+2 with first baby. Had a growth scan on Friday as my mum had pre eclampsia (with my younger sister not with me, same father!). Bump measured small (<3rd centile) with midwife this week and he is 10th centile for weight on the scan 😕 not sure why he is so teeny, I don’t have any major risk factors and husband and I are fairly average height so just hoping he is ok!!! Another growth scan in 3 weeks

Reactions: 3
Welcome!
I’m 32+2 with first baby. Had a growth scan on Friday as my mum had pre eclampsia (with my younger sister not with me, same father!). Bump measured small (<3rd centile) with midwife this week and he is 10th centile for weight on the scan 😕 not sure why he is so teeny, I don’t have any major risk factors and husband and I are fairly average height so just hoping he is ok!!! Another growth scan in 3 weeks
Try not to worry. My last 2 babies have both been SGA with no reason. Both born lower than the 2nd centile.

My 4 year old was 5lb 10 when he was born, he’s perfectly healthy, just a little bit smaller than some children the same age. I had growth scans with this baby due to him being so small and she was measuring on the 50th centile, so should have been around 8/9lbs. She was 6lb 5.5 and on the 1.8 centile. The scans aren’t massively accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Try not to worry. My last 2 babies have both been SGA with no reason. Both born lower than the 2nd centile.

My 4 year old was 5lb 10 when he was born, he’s perfectly healthy, just a little bit smaller than some children the same age. I had growth scans with this baby due to him being so small and she was measuring on the 50th centile, so should have been around 8/9lbs. She was 6lb 5.5 and on the 1.8 centile. They scans aren’t massively accurate.
I absolutely agree that the scans are far from accurate at later stages.

@Tui I wouldn’t worry too much about centiles as long as baby is sticking to them and growing accordingly. For the centiles to work some babies have to be massive and some have to be smaller. My son was 91st centile when he was born, and he’s now the titchiest in his class, so they also don’t mean much about future growth. The only cause for concern could be if he wasn’t growing and maintaining his centile line.

How are you all doing?
Hey :) congrats on losing 7 stone that’s amazing. Glad this pregnancy is going well for you ☺ Not too long to go now!

How are you all doing?
I wish we weren’t in a pandemic either. I am 7 +6 today and I also feel like @Kitt like we have been pregnant for ages but I hope it speeds up a bit after the 12 week scan. Wow 7 Stone that is a huge achievement. My friend is having a planned water birth and is due in 3 weeks. I think they sound interesting. X

My 4 year old was 5lb 10 when he was born, he’s perfectly healthy, just a little bit smaller than some children the same age. I had growth scans with this baby due to him being so small and she was measuring on the 50th centile, so should have been around 8/9lbs. She was 6lb 5.5 and on the 1.8 centile. The scans aren’t massively accurate.
I absolutely agree that the scans are far from accurate at later stages.

@Tui I wouldn’t worry too much about centiles as long as baby is sticking to them and growing accordingly. For the centiles to work some babies have to be massive and some have to be smaller. My son was 91st centile when he was born, and he’s now the titchiest in his class, so they also don’t mean much about future growth. The only cause for concern could be if he wasn’t growing and maintaining his centile line.
Reassuring to know it doesn’t necessarily mean anything other than them perhaps being smaller at birth. My worry is if he slips off the centiles at the next scan at 35+4 they will want to keep me in to do a c section or something 😬 if that’s what is needed then so be it but we are moving into our new house and have plasterers booked and basic decorating planned and that would throw a big spanner in the works!

• Heart
Reassuring to know it doesn’t necessarily mean anything other than them perhaps being smaller at birth. My worry is if he slips off the centiles at the next scan at 35+4 they will want to keep me in to do a c section or something 😬 if that’s what is needed then so be it but we are moving into our new house and have plasterers booked and basic decorating planned and that would throw a big spanner in the works!
Hopefully all will be ok at the next scan. X

I don't know if it makes you feel any better but at my 35 and 38 week scan, my first baby was measuring on track for 6lbs, at the 40 week scan, he measured just under 7lbs. When he was born 6 days later, he was just shy of 11lbs 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don't know if it makes you feel any better but at my 35 and 38 week scan, my first baby was measuring on track for 6lbs, at the 40 week scan, he measured just under 7lbs. When he was born 6 days later, he was just shy of 11lbs 😂
Bet that was a shock!!! Mine have always gone the other way, I’ve been told they’ll be huge and they are just average.

I’m 32 weeks with 4th and have my growth scan tomorrow, only because my previous babies were over 10lb. Midwives didn’t fazed by this in previous pregnancies but now they are. Perhaps the guidance has changed? All were spontaneous labours with no complications, so not sure what the fuss is about.

Induction was mentioned to me a few times if growth slowed down but they can’t make you be induced. In the end I was but it wasn’t because of growth.

Induction was mentioned to me a few times if growth slowed down but they can’t make you be induced. In the end I was but it wasn’t because of growth.
If his growth slows down I’m happy to be induced. Don’t want to risk anything. Just wouldn’t be my ideal birth experience but the main thing for me is getting him born safely!

If his growth slows down I’m happy to be induced. Don’t want to risk anything. Just wouldn’t be my ideal birth experience but the main thing for me is getting him born safely!
Yeah at the end of the day that’s the main thing ☺Even once I went in for my induction I was worried I was doing the wrong thing. But mine was a nice induction and far from the horror stories i’d read before 😬

Lots of cramping today, nothing too severe just very constant throughout the day. Hoping it’s just my body making room for these babies and nothings wrong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.