Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The main thing with growth is if the growth is due to a naturally small baby or whether there are underlying issues causing the growth to be restricted. You may be offered regular growth scans and dopplers to check placental function and end diastolic flow and if there are concerns with growth then induction may be offered. In labour you may need continuous fetal monitoring dependant on centile (here it's anything below the 10th centile).
Postnatally baby may require monitoring for at least 24 hours and blood sugars as there can be a risk of hypoglycaemia.

Reactions: 3
Lots of cramping today, nothing too severe just very constant throughout the day. Hoping it’s just my body making room for these babies and nothings wrong.
I had horrendous cramps through the first weeks, I can’t remember but I’d say probably until 12ish wks. Just like period pain. No one tells you about that and it’s soooooo disconcerting. Really common symptom though it seems, I’m sure babies are just settling in x

Reactions: 4
I had horrendous cramps through the first weeks, I can’t remember but I’d say probably until 12ish wks. Just like period pain. No one tells you about that and it’s soooooo disconcerting. Really common symptom though it seems, I’m sure babies are just settling in
Same! I had pretty bad cramping from before I tested positive until about 12 weeks, and still on and off after. It felt like the day before a period every day and it freaked me out because before you are pregnant pain isn't something you think is going to be normal so you assume something is wrong!

Reactions: 3
I had horrendous cramps through the first weeks, I can’t remember but I’d say probably until 12ish wks. Just like period pain. No one tells you about that and it’s soooooo disconcerting. Really common symptom though it seems, I’m sure babies are just settling in x
I’ve got it too on and off it feels exactly like when you’re waiting for your period and is why I never took a pregnancy test because I thought I was coming on for weeks xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The main thing with growth is if the growth is due to a naturally small baby or whether there are underlying issues causing the growth to be restricted. You may be offered regular growth scans and dopplers to check placental function and end diastolic flow and if there are concerns with growth then induction may be offered. In labour you may need continuous fetal monitoring dependant on centile (here it's anything below the 10th centile).
Postnatally baby may require monitoring for at least 24 hours and blood sugars as there can be a risk of hypoglycaemia.
This is really helpful thanks! I’m medical but have almost zero obstetric knowledge so this is exactly what I want to know.

@Kitt are these your first babies? I had loads of cramps with this one (second pregnancy but first didn’t progress past 7 weeks). All your ligaments need to stretch when you’re a FTM and yours will probs be more exaggerated with twins as your uterus will need to be bigger! I found it came in spells so I’d have a few days of pain then nothing then a few more days with the next spurt!

2 days later and 16 hours of being sick every 30mins I finally feel alive 😂 forgot how debilitating migraines can be 🤮 gp said they can give me my triptans as a last resort but apparently there's not enough research done on pregnant woman to say they are/aren't safe, so I don't think I'll risk it unless I end up with daily ones 🙄

On the pregnancy pillow chat...my partner got me one and they're amazing (not that I need it yet) so comfy!

Reactions: 4
Slight cramps again today and some brown spotting. Trying to tell myself it’s ok but it’s still worrying. I’m glad we have a scan again on Saturday but I am tempted to see if they can get us in earlier to check it’s all ok in there.

Slight cramps again today and some brown spotting. Trying to tell myself it’s ok but it’s still worrying. I’m glad we have a scan again on Saturday but I am tempted to see if they can get us in earlier to check it’s all ok in there.
Brown blood is old blood, hopefully you get no more spotting and all is ok for the rest of your pregnancy x

Hopefully everything is okay.
I had brown blood at around 6/7 weeks with all my pregnancies. The people in the EPU said it was implantation bleeding as they carry on burying further.
Brown is a good sign though as it's old blood.

Right if anyone can tell me the answer to this it's you guys 😂

I've got like an almost kind of pulling sensation in my lower stomach....it's not sore just uncomfy sometimes. It's kinda of like feeling a bit stretched.

Is this the round ligament pain that people always talk about?

Reactions: 2

I've got like an almost kind of pulling sensation in my lower stomach....it's not sore just uncomfy sometimes. It's kinda of like feeling a bit stretched.

I had this a while ago it only lasted about a week and haven’t had it since 😂 pretty sure it was round ligament pain!

I had this and it actually got quite painful.
Originally thought it was a UTI as it seemed to get worse when I needed to pee. But it wasn't.
Had it from around 23 to 28 weeks. Occasionally get it now but only the odd time here and there.
Like someone else said, it was worse when standing up

I had this and it actually got quite painful.
Originally thought it was a UTI as it seemed to get worse when I needed to pee. But it wasn't.
Had it from around 23 to 28 weeks. Occasionally get it now but only the odd time here and there.
Like someone else said, it was worse when standing up
I'm only just approaching 15 weeks, maybe the worst is yet to come with it because I wouldn't say it's painful as such 🙈😂

Got my positive pregnancy test this weekend just gone, so happy but also so nervous! This is our first baby, I came off the pill in September and I was fully prepared and expecting to be disappointed again this month so it was a shock, but a lovely one 🥰

Looking at my dates, I’m 5 weeks along. We’ve booked an early pregnancy/dating scan for a few weeks time, but I didn’t realise until after I booked it that it’s an internal scan (transvaginal I think it’s called?). Now I’m worrying because I thought it would be a standard ultrasound 😂 Has anyone else had one of these?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Got my positive pregnancy test this weekend just gone, so happy but also so nervous! This is our first baby, I came off the pill in September and I was fully prepared and expecting to be disappointed again this month so it was a shock, but a lovely one 🥰

Looking at my dates, I’m 5 weeks along. We’ve booked an early pregnancy/dating scan for a few weeks time, but I didn’t realise until after I booked it that it’s an internal scan (transvaginal I think it’s called?). Now I’m worrying because I thought it would be a standard ultrasound 😂 Has anyone else had one of these?
Congrats! I've had loads of them, they're not bad at all, can be ever so slightly uncomfortable but majority of the time it's totally fine 🙂

I've had a few! Once you see the little bean on the screen you forget all about someone up your foof! Congratulations 🥰🥰

Thanks that’s reassuring! I’m sure once I’m there I’ll be more excited about what’s happening than thinking about it anyway 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.