Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks that’s reassuring! I’m sure once I’m there I’ll be more excited about what’s happening than thinking about it anyway 😂
Congratulations! An internal scan is no bother at all, as said above its way less uncomfortable than a smear imo!

Reactions: 2
Congratulations! An internal scan is no bother at all, as said above its way less uncomfortable than a smear imo!
And more dignified! You lay down on the bed with a large sheet of paper over yourself so you don’t feel so exposed.

Congrats!

Reactions: 3
Got my positive pregnancy test this weekend just gone, so happy but also so nervous! This is our first baby, I came off the pill in September and I was fully prepared and expecting to be disappointed again this month so it was a shock, but a lovely one 🥰

Looking at my dates, I’m 5 weeks along. We’ve booked an early pregnancy/dating scan for a few weeks time, but I didn’t realise until after I booked it that it’s an internal scan (transvaginal I think it’s called?). Now I’m worrying because I thought it would be a standard ultrasound 😂 Has anyone else had one of these?
Congratulations 👶🏼
I had an internal scan with my first baby over 4 years ago, was a bit nervous before it but was totally fine

Got my positive pregnancy test this weekend just gone, so happy but also so nervous! This is our first baby, I came off the pill in September and I was fully prepared and expecting to be disappointed again this month so it was a shock, but a lovely one 🥰

Looking at my dates, I’m 5 weeks along. We’ve booked an early pregnancy/dating scan for a few weeks time, but I didn’t realise until after I booked it that it’s an internal scan (transvaginal I think it’s called?). Now I’m worrying because I thought it would be a standard ultrasound 😂 Has anyone else had one of these?
Yayyyy! Congratulations! Fantastic news! ☺

You might find that when you go for your scan they do a normal ultrasound in the first instance but if they can’t see much they’ll go for transvaginal. And they’re no bother at all so don’t worry about that. And you won’t care once you see the little blob and it’s heartbeat. You’ll just be sobbing with a camera up your vagina hahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Congrats.
Yeah my 6 week scan was an internal scan 😊
Because they can't always see much from the outside because it's so small.
It doesn't hurt at all if that's what your worried about

Right if anyone can tell me the answer to this it's you guys 😂

I've got like an almost kind of pulling sensation in my lower stomach....it's not sore just uncomfy sometimes. It's kinda of like feeling a bit stretched.

Is this the round ligament pain that people always talk about?
Sounds like what I had yeah. Like a pulling sensation from deep inside to just below my belly button

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, I have tried to make my own thread however it’s not letting me so I hope you don’t mind me posting in here. I’m after some advice because I’m honestly worried sick and don’t know if I can take another week of not knowing. I found out I was pregnant on 16th jan started heavy bleeding the next day for 2 days, this then stopped. I thought I had a chemical pregnancy and EPU told me to test every couple of days and if it was negative it would be a chemical. I had my HCG levels checked last Monday which were 21 and today again and they are 53 I’m aware this is very low and doesn’t look good for a progressive pregnancy. They said they can rule out a possible ectopic and don’t want to see me again until next Tuesday if I still have a positive pregnancy test? I’m so so worried, I honestly thought they would want to do bloods again to monitor? Especially if it’s a possible ectopic! I have had no pain or bleeding since I last bled. Sorry for the long post I’m just looking for some sort or reassurance 😢😢😢 xx

Hi everyone, I have tried to make my own thread however it’s not letting me so I hope you don’t mind me posting in here. I’m after some advice because I’m honestly worried sick and don’t know if I can take another week of not knowing. I found out I was pregnant on 16th jan started heavy bleeding the next day for 2 days, this then stopped. I thought I had a chemical pregnancy and EPU told me to test every couple of days and if it was negative it would be a chemical. I had my HCG levels checked last Monday which were 21 and today again and they are 53 I’m aware this is very low and doesn’t look good for a progressive pregnancy. They said they can rule out a possible ectopic and don’t want to see me again until next Tuesday if I still have a positive pregnancy test? I’m so so worried, I honestly thought they would want to do bloods again to monitor? Especially if it’s a possible ectopic! I have had no pain or bleeding since I last bled. Sorry for the long post I’m just looking for some sort or reassurance 😢😢😢 xx
Can’t ***

Can’t ***
I’m so sorry you are going through this, sending my love.
I don’t think that, in general, they monitor if they think a loss is occurring at an early stage of pregnancy, as they deem it to be a “common” thing. This, of course, does not help a women who is beside herself with worry. I imagine they gave you a list of things to watch out for to indicate possible ectopic? Again I don’t think unless they are sure it is that they will actually do much.

It’s been said on this thread before several times that the attitude before 10/11/12 weeks is very much “loss is common” and they don’t really seem interested.

Rest up, and I hope you get some answers soon x

Can’t ***
Hi, I’m sorry this must be so worrying. When it’s so early there’s not much they can or will do unfortunately. (Unless there’s severe pain and bleeding.) I’m afraid you’re just going to have to wait and test again next week. You can get through it. Take care of yourself xxxx

I’m so sorry you are going through this, sending my love.
I don’t think that, in general, they monitor if they think a loss is occurring at an early stage of pregnancy, as they deem it to be a “common” thing. This, of course, does not help a women who is beside herself with worry. I imagine they gave you a list of things to watch out for to indicate possible ectopic? Again I don’t think unless they are sure it is that they will actually do much.

It’s been said on this thread before several times that the attitude before 10/11/12 weeks is very much “loss is common” and they don’t really seem interested.

Rest up, and I hope you get some answers soon x
Thank you so much for your reply, it really jd helped me to remain calm. I completely agree. I had 2 sets of different information within the space of 20 minutes tonight, first phone call told me that it’s looking positive and to come back for another blood test this Thursday and 20 minutes later I got another one saying I had been given wrong info and not to bother coming in for bloods on Thursday and to come back in a weeks time of test is still positive, they then started talking about possible ectopic. My head is just all over the place at the moment!

I will take your advice and rest up! Andso I’m going to try and stay calm and just let nature take it’s course! ❤ Whatever that may be! Xxx

Hi, I’m sorry this must be so worrying. When it’s so early there’s not much they can or will do unfortunately. (Unless there’s severe pain and bleeding.) I’m afraid you’re just going to have to wait and test again next week. You can get through it. Take care of yourself xxxx
thanks for your reply Kitt, deep down I know there’s nothing they can do 😢 but it really does help coming on this thread and being able to talk to people about how I’m feeling.
Thanks you ❤Xxx

• Heart

Can’t ***
How many weeks would you be?

If you’ve not had any symptoms of Ectopic I’d think they’re just saying it to cover themselves.
Sadly as above, it’s a watch and wait because they can’t do anything for you until you know for sure. In a way, with these early tests we know too early i

Thank you so much for your reply, it really jd helped me to remain calm. I completely agree. I had 2 sets of different information within the space of 20 minutes tonight, first phone call told me that it’s looking positive and to come back for another blood test this Thursday and 20 minutes later I got another one saying I had been given wrong info and not to bother coming in for bloods on Thursday and to come back in a weeks time of test is still positive, they then started talking about possible ectopic. My head is just all over the place at the moment!

I will take your advice and rest up! Andso I’m going to try and stay calm and just let nature take it’s course! ❤ Whatever that may be! Xxx

thanks for your reply Kitt, deep down I know there’s nothing they can do 😢 but it really does help coming on this thread and being able to talk to people about how I’m feeling.
Thanks you ❤Xxx
That is shocking that they gave you the wrong information the first time, no wonder you’re feeling totally frazzled. It is almost impossible not to worry and let it occupy your thoughts, it’s a very difficult time wondering “is this a loss?” I have been there myself. I suggest treating yourself to all the things that make you feel good, and trying to watch some mindless TV/film to occupy your brain. X

How many weeks would you be?

If you’ve not had any symptoms of Ectopic I’d think they’re just saying it to cover themselves.
Sadly as above, it’s a watch and wait because they can’t do anything for you until you know for sure. In a way, with these early tests we know too early i
Hi little pup,

I can’t be too sure of dates as I come of my pill 8 weeks ago and haven’t had a period! I have been doing regular pregnancy tests though and the first positive I got was 2 weeks ago! So I think I’m literally only around 4-5 weeks but this is worked out from time of conception as the clear blue I took this morning said 1-2 weeks.
Thanks for your reply ❤ Xxx

Hi little pup,

I can’t be too sure of dates as I come of my pill 8 weeks ago and haven’t had a period! I have been doing regular pregnancy tests though and the first positive I got was 2 weeks ago! So I think I’m literally only around 4-5 weeks but this is worked out from time of conception as the clear blue I took this morning said 1-2 weeks.
If was just wondering how far off you’d be from the EPU being able to do an internal scan. Have they said anything about that?
There are some calculators online that would allow you to enter conception date if you know that but I can see how not knowing the length of your cycle will make it difficult from LMP date.

I was trying to think of something constructive to suggest really but I guess the best I can say is rest and take care of yourself. Many women bleed in early pregnancy, it’s not a guarantee it’s the end. Will be thinking of you x

Hi little pup,

Can’t remember but have you had a scan to see if there is an intrauterine pregnancy? As that would rule out an ectopic.

If was just wondering how far off you’d be from the EPU being able to do an internal scan. Have they said anything about that?
There are some calculators online that would allow you to enter conception date if you know that but I can see how not knowing the length of your cycle will make it difficult from LMP date.

I was trying to think of something constructive to suggest really but I guess the best I can say is rest and take care of yourself. Many women bleed in early pregnancy, it’s not a guarantee it’s the end. Will be thinking of you x
They already give me an internal scan last week but couldn’t see anything 😢 I think the most concerning thing for them at the moment is the fact my HCG levels have only went from 21 to 53 in the space of a week! Which is so low!
I will keep you updated, thanks for the advice xxx

Hi little pup,

As the others have said, unfortunately, before 10-12 weeks, they aren't overly interested unless you're getting symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy and it's just a case of sitting and waiting.
With my miscarriage they told me to test once a week to give the hormones time to leave your body. It did however, take 4 weeks for the test to be completely negative.

Sorry we can't be much help ❤

Can’t remember but have you had a scan to see if there is an intrauterine pregnancy? As that would rule out an ectopic.
Hi Tui,

I had a internal last week and they couldn’t see anything so said it was a pregnancy of unknown location. I don’t think it’s looking good whatever the outcome as my HCG levels have only increased slightly over 7 days which isn’t normal.

i guess it’s just a case of ‘sweating it out’ for another week!
Thank you ❤Xxx

As the others have said, unfortunately, before 10-12 weeks, they aren't overly interested unless you're getting symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy and it's just a case of sitting and waiting.
With my miscarriage they told me to test once a week to give the hormones time to leave your body. It did however, take 4 weeks for the test to be completely negative.

Sorry we can't be much help ❤
Yep I completely agree with you, think I just needed somewhere to vent and express my worry and also look for some reassurance as I just don’t feel reassured by EPU at all 😢

thank you for your reply ❤ Xxx

Can’t ***
Hi I remember you posting your pregnancy test before, sorry your going through so much worry just now, that’s good you have no more bleeding though. I’d say just try and relax until you see the midwife again next Tuesday, a lot can happen in a week in early pregnancy. As other posters said they really won’t take you in for extra check ups/ scans in early pregnancy unless you are in a lot of pain, they will tell you to wait it out at home and let nature take its course. Hopefully things turn out how you hope x

Reactions: 3
Hi I remember you posting your pregnancy test before, sorry your going through so much worry just now, that’s good you have no more bleeding though. I’d say just try and relax until you see the midwife again next Tuesday, a lot can happen in a week in early pregnancy. As other posters said they really won’t take you in for extra check ups/ scans in early pregnancy unless you are in a lot of pain, they will tell you to wait it out at home and let nature take its course. Hopefully things turn out how you hope x
Thanks for your reply I really hope so❤ I will update next Tuesday xxx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.