Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha that's normal
Same as your hair. Although I never notice a difference
I’ve never noticed it before! Could may well have happened in previous pregnancies but maybe by then I couldn’t see my feet to tell My hair always grows and sheds like a beast, and my finger nails are normal. Just my beastly toenails!

Reactions: 1
Another question from me

I’m potentially going to be booked in for a C section, I find out at 32 week scan. But i can’t get my wedding ring and engagement ring off due to swelling, does it need to come off?

Another question from me

I’m potentially going to be booked in for a C section, I find out at 32 week scan. But i can’t get my wedding ring and engagement ring off due to swelling, does it need to come off?
I think if you can't get them off, they can possibly tape over them?

Another question from me

When I had mine I didn’t have to take off my rings. They said they were fine, but any “excess” jewellery had to come off (only a necklace for me).

I’ve never noticed it before! Could may well have happened in previous pregnancies but maybe by then I couldn’t see my feet to tell My hair always grows and sheds like a beast, and my finger nails are normal. Just my beastly toenails!
My hair is very long anyway however and I had my hair done 3 weeks ago and the roots I’ve got oh my days also my nails have grown a lot! When I didn’t know I was pregnant I thought wow I must be eating really well now it makes sense! X

Reactions: 3
When I had mine I didn’t have to take off my rings. They said they were fine, but any “excess” jewellery had to come off (only a necklace for me).
I have read they tape over it. But is that because of hygiene reasons? Or because incase someone nicks them? Id like to see them try, I’ve been trying for the last week to get them off

I think if you can't get them off, they can possibly tape over them?
I’ve managed to get my engagement ring off, wedding band not tried yet, fingers gone abit red and sore
Surely they can’t expect me to take that off?

Reactions: 2
I think it's something to do with incase they have to use a certain process to do with electricity and also to do with being sterile?

I know you're not supposed to wear nail polish. I remember that one from before.
Or at least not supposed to have both your toe and finger nails painted.

I found this. Mixed with a few people saying about being as sterile as possible

Last edited:
I don’t really get it about the nail and toe varnish I’ve also got some pericings I cannot take out ( please don’t think I look like Marilyn Manson) so not sure what would happen there!
Also cannot stop eating today haven’t had any cramps so far x

I've read before about the nail varnish being for 2 reasons, one so they can check the nail bed colour? I presume if something were to go wrong maybe?
And also the thing they put on your finger to monitor you, I think I read before it doesn't work as well through varnish

Yeh the oxygen monitors don't work through polish especially gel polish.

I ended up in an ambulance a few years back and they couldn't monitor my oxygen through either fingers or toes so they clipped it on my ear

Also re: rings I think for most surgery they will allow wedding ring only and even then it has to be taped. That's my experience anyway, had to remove engagement and eternity ring as well as earrings etc.

I don’t really get it about the nail and toe varnish
This is correct, it’s definitely the oxygen monitor and I believe status check.
There was a whole on he maternity FB group I’m on with women moaning about having to remove their gels or acrylics, or ‘they’ve said don’t buy should I have it done before going in’ and replies saying ‘do it, what they going to do once they’re on’.
Bloody morons! Nails being more important than monitoring vitals in an emergency, giving the nurses more work to remove them. Drives me up the wall how some people don’t take the risks in childbirth seriously.

Reactions: 3
This is a lovely post

I see that baby stretching and just imagine that’s what is happening when I get the violent double punches and kicks

Reactions: 6
I've seen so many people doing this!
Including one woman saying she refuses to take her jewelry off and "Not like they're not going to refuse her to have her baby as it needs to be a csection"
It amazes me how many selfish people there are.
They're there to care about your health, not make things difficult for you for no reason!

Reactions: 4
It’s for the o2 sats probe - it works by shining a light through your fingertip. Usually wards have a bottle of acetone if it doesn’t work through simple polish and you’ve forgotten/not had time to remove but they can’t deal with gels/acrylics.

Ah I’ve had that before it doesn’t work through acrylics I remember it’s like a crocodile clip isn’t it X

edit I can’t take this piercing out as it requires surgical removal I don’t know why I did it when I was 18, 12 years later still haven’t removed it I just pretend it doesn’t exist

This is a lovely post

I see that baby stretching and just imagine that’s what is happening when I get the violent double punches and kicks
Kung fu 🥷 Preparing for wriggly nappy changes. Next Ronaldo!

My favourite was always hiccups, both in and out!

Perfect, thank you. Il have to try and get my wedding band off next...I’m 3 months away but want to be organised now before my hands get too swollen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.