Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love festivals and would go with a baby however I would go for the day and stay in a near by hotel at 8 months you could probably feed the baby the pouches of food and some fruit abs maybe make up a few bottles and bring a bottle warmer I am not an expert just from what I have read on the Internet xx
Yeaa could always have a little air bnb back up if it’s all too much! Oo thanks I’ll have a look at the bottle warmers etc. I have no clue about food but it does sound like I’ll need lots of luggage 😂

Do it!!! I plan to take the potatoes to Glasto one year.
Awww yeah there’s so much that children will love at Glasto! I’m a wing it type person and hope for the best but I’m like practically without a partner there is this is a good idea 😂

Reactions: 2
If you do BLW, you can give them a little bit of what you’re eating or take a little pack up. We took littlepotato to London for the day when he was 8 months; not quite the same but I just had milk in my bag, snacks and he enjoyed having a chew on a pizza slice 🤣 we used a sling that day.

Glasto is just wonderful! There’s a kids music festival in the midlands called Gloworm, it looks fab!

Speaking of festivals I saw this tiktok the other day and nearly peed..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just had an eventful growth scan (babies are fine and healthy). Lying on my back suddenly made me feel really dizzy and lightheaded. So she made me sit up and as I did I fainted on her. I’ve never ever fainted before so that was a new experience 😅. They called a midwife and I had to sit out for bit and eat some shortbread. Was all a bit embarrassing but luckily we continued the scan with me lying on my side. Also got to hear and see their heartbeats which was amazing 😍. So now I know why they say don’t lie on your back 🙃

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Just had an eventful growth scan (babies are fine and healthy). Lying on my back suddenly made me feel really dizzy and lightheaded. So she made me sit up and as I did I fainted on her. I’ve never ever fainted before so that was a new experience 😅. They called a midwife and I had to sit out for bit and eat some shortbread. Was all a bit embarrassing but luckily we continued the scan with me lying on my side. Also got to hear and see their heartbeats which was amazing 😍. So now I know why they say don’t lie on your back 🙃
glad you’re okay! I’ve only ever almost fainted once when I was trying my wedding dress on and gosh you feel awful and flustered. So glad the scan was good and you heard the heartbeats!

I’m glad you’re ok! I didn’t actually faint but I started to feel faint and get really sweaty last time I was laid on my back getting scanned, it’s definitely a real thing when they advise against it 😆

guys I’ve taken mat leave a bit too far.
No bra, no make up and messy buns everyday. My hair is now matted 😂 must remember this for 4th trimester
NO MESSY BUNS!!
178984E5-1C55-44EC-B010-22D5250BFA6A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm the same, never fainted in my life before but fainted at both my 34 and 38 week midwife appointment after lying down. I have my 40 week appointmenr on Thurs and I'm worrying about a repeat performance!

I'm the same, never fainted in my life before but fainted at both my 34 and 38 week midwife appointment after lying down. I have my 40 week appointmenr on Thurs and I'm worrying about a repeat performance!
Yeh it was like an out of body experience it was so weird! I could feel myself going but couldn’t do anything about it 😅

Reactions: 1
guys I’ve taken mat leave a bit too far.
No bra, no make up and messy buns everyday. My hair is now matted 😂 must remember this for 4th trimester
NO MESSY BUNS!! View attachment 706382
🤣🤣🤣 I can relate 🤣 I’ve totally given up on even washing my hair now.. 22 days is my record and I have filler hair extensions to add to it 🥴

• Haha
I feel like I’ve taken a huge leap backwards and all the things I had in the first trimester are back 😭 dry mouth, nothing quenching my thirst, no appetite, shattered 😭 I feel like it never ends!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
So people with babies.. I’m thinking about a festival next summer with some friends and family the baby will be 8 months old my partner is in no way a festival person so will just be me and the baby but my sister and niece will be there too. Am I mad or will it be fun?
I’ve been researching and read that this is the best age to travel with a baby - they drink, they sleep, easy to transport and they stay where you put them. So on that basis Ive just booked an Airbnb in Portugal for June 2022. My baby will be 6 months.

Apparently from then onwards it’s downhill (aka much harder) until 3-4. I appreciate a festival is slightly different to a holiday but I wonder if the principles the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah three nights camping 200 miles away 😂 yeah your right about the weather. I wasn’t going to bother with the buggy and get one of those festival baby cart things and sometimes use the carrier. Your right I haven’t even thought about getting everything she needs around the fields!
Go for it. We’ve camped (as a family) with kids as young as 3 months. Baby in a sling, big cart for all your stuff and you’ll be grand!!

I’ve been researching and read that this is the best age to travel with a baby - they drink, they sleep, easy to transport and they stay where you put them. So on that basis Ive just booked an Airbnb in Portugal for June 2022. My baby will be 6 months.

Apparently from then onwards it’s downhill (aka much harder) until 3-4. I appreciate a festival is slightly different to a holiday but I wonder if the principles the same?
Don’t believe that at all! We have travelled with our kids since our youngest was 8 weeks. Flights etc have been fine at all ages, we’ve never had any issues travelling with babies, toddlers or older 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Agreed on this, my daughter is now 3 and I’d take her anywhere, she’s a joy to be around and she’s so easy to look after/entertain. 18 months ago I wouldn’t even take her to ASDA so that shows you the difference in easiness haha 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

I couldn’t agree with this more. We took littlepotato to America for 3 weeks when he was 2.5 years. He was great on the plane flight, but some days we had to totally abandon on holiday. Luckily we went with family but some days were tense!

Reactions: 4
I couldn’t agree with this more. We took littlepotato to America for 3 weeks when he was 2.5 years. He was great on the plane flight, but some days we had to totally abandon on holiday. Luckily we went with family but some days were tense!
My brother and his wife brought their two year old from Edinburgh to Bristol by car. They hired a car as they didn’t have one, living in the city. So you can imagine how the toddler felt about being strapped in a car seat for the first time, for 8 hours. They all looked traumatised on arrival. They regretted that one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My brother and his wife brought their two year old from Edinburgh to Bristol by car. They hired a car as they didn’t have one, living in the city. So you can imagine how the toddler felt about being strapped in a car seat for the first time, for 8 hours. They all looked traumatised on arrival. They regretted that one 🤣
Littlepotato was great on the flight. A water park with his entire family in the sun? Not a bleeping chance. Dad, I’m screaming until I’m sick and you’re taking me back home to the villa

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Littlepotato was great on the flight. A water park with his entire family in the sun? Not a bleeping chance. Dad, I’m screaming until I’m sick and you’re taking me back home to the villa
I think this is where we warn those FTM'S who've never dealt with the toddler stage.

Toddlers are twats, it's scientifically proven. And it is OK to whisper a toddler is a twit under your breath whilst they cry they no longer want the banana they begged for 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think this is where we warn those FTM'S who've never dealt with the toddler stage.

Toddlers are twats, it's scientifically proven. And it is OK to whisper a toddler is a twit under your breath whilst they cry they no longer want the banana they begged for 😂
Honestly my poor husband that day. Little potato was screaming. I was crying as my MIL would not SHUT THE duck UP. He just stood there in these hideous dad swimming trunks while we both ugly crying. He didn’t even allow us to get changed, he put us in the mini van and took us both home!

Toddlers are VILE!!!! Vile!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Honestly my poor husband that day. Little potato was screaming. I was crying as my MIL would not SHUT THE duck UP. He just stood there in these hideous dad swimming trunks while we both ugly crying. He didn’t even allow us to get changed, he put us in the mini van and took us both home!

Toddlers are VILE!!!! Vile!!!!!
I feel your pain. I've had similar situations, funnily enough I think one encounter was pretty much dragging a 2 year old along the floor in morrisons because i wouldn't let him buy rabbit food. WE DON'T HAVE A RABBIT HUN.

Toddlers are honestly sent by the devil himself.

Remind me, why are we doing this again?!😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.