Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had some red fresh blood in my second trimester chick. It was one wipe after using the loo and i never had any more. It was most likely haemmaroids as you can get them internally whilst pregnant and not even know. Im all good though. 33+5

So ive just been to aldi and bought 184 nappies. 24 loo rolls. 120 wipes. 6 dribble bibs and some more non bio tabs for washing . That'll scratch the nesting itch for today i think 😊 ive been dreaming about wipes! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Whats everyone doing for wipes and nappies? Ive bought the three different aldi nappies, their extra sensitive wipes and some water wipes as theyve been highly recommended. Ive also heard the asda nappies are good
I found that the type of nappies you use depend on your baby; littlepotato had dead chunky thighs and Asda nappies were always leaking on him, but fab on my friends little one. We used Aldi newborn nappies in the first few weeks, and then got pampers as they worked fab on him. I use to buy them in bulk from boots, 144 for £20 I think? Then we switched to Sainsbury’s as they never leaked. Their pull ups are rubbish though. I’ve bought a mixture for newpotato and we will see. I did try cloth nappies with littlepotato and I will never ever do it again!

I swear by water wipes, but they are so expensive 😭 my second next favourite are Sainsbury’s and Aldi as they are actually wet. I despise Huggies, too many times my finger has ripped through 😤 Pampers always dry out.

Reactions: 4
I had some red fresh blood in my second trimester chick. It was one wipe after using the loo and i never had any more. It was most likely haemmaroids as you can get them internally whilst pregnant and not even know. Im all good though. 33+5

So ive just been to aldi and bought 184 nappies. 24 loo rolls. 120 wipes. 6 dribble bibs and some more non bio tabs for washing . That'll scratch the nesting itch for today i think 😊 ive been dreaming about wipes! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Whats everyone doing for wipes and nappies? Ive bought the three different aldi nappies, their extra sensitive wipes and some water wipes as theyve been highly recommended. Ive also heard the asda nappies are good
So far I've found morrisons nappies the best, tried lidl and for newborn they are HUGE and we had so many leaks.
Lidl do a knock off version of water Wipes and they are honestly great...and a fraction of the price

Reactions: 1

I rate Aldi nappies (even from birth they have been great in my personal experience) and also Morrison’s but I’ve only ever used the pull ups from Morrison’s when mine have been on the move (much easier and more secure than tape nappies), so can’t comment on their normal ones, plus Morrison’s are dead cheap!

Aldi wipes are great, as are Morrison’s (there’s literally nothing between them, both really good and both cheap! Can’t remember Aldi price but Morrison’s are 50p a pack). Water wipes are OK but overpriced, using a normal wipe on a brand new baby’s bum won’t harm them I promise! Huggies wipes that are like tissue are absolutely tit they just rip (not great when wiping a poo!) I’ve found some pampers wipes are too harsh on my babies bums previously so I’d only buy them if desperate. Hope that helps! 😘

Reactions: 2

That's what they look like 😊
*packs bag and heads out to lidl

And probably back out to aldi for more wipes 😁

My OH is laughing at my strong nesting urge today. All i want to do is sort out the changing table and hang up shelves in the her room. We finished painting it yesterday and im desperate to get it ready for use. No idea why. #nesting

On another note, have any of you lovely mummas tried raspberry tea and if so, when did you start and which would you recommend?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone just looking for a bit of advice or if anyone has been in the same situation. Currently 31 weeks pregnant with my second. My first was born at 36 weeks after my waters broke suddenly. Could this baby come early too? For some reason all I keep thinking is 34 weeks, but think it’s probably because I keep on thinking 34 weeks he will come? Has anyone had similar? Thanks X

Bit late to the party but on the topic of perineal massage, I never bothered and didn’t tear. The midwife afterwards said listening to them about when to stop pushing is the best thing you can do as if you keep pushing at the wrong time you are more likely to tear. Not saying don’t bother but more if you haven’t done it don’t worry!

Reactions: 10
So I’ve read that constipation is a really common pregnancy symptom but did anyone else have the opposite problem in their first trimester? Bit tmi but I woke up in the night with horrible stomach ache and had to run to the bathroom.

No stomach ache now so guess it was just the once. Haven’t eaten anything dodgy and my husband is fine so can only assume it’s the pregnancy but I haven’t really seen anyone mention that, just constipation 😬 I could do without it as I’m not eating much as it is!

So I’ve read that constipation is a really common pregnancy symptom but did anyone else have the opposite problem in their first trimester? Bit tmi but I woke up in the night with horrible stomach ache and had to run to the bathroom.

No stomach ache now so guess it was just the once. Haven’t eaten anything dodgy and my husband is fine so can only assume it’s the pregnancy but I haven’t really seen anyone mention that, just constipation 😬 I could do without it as I’m not eating much as it is!
Meeeee! Was anxious about miscarriage the whole time 2nd trimester still having the same problem! So I cant even tell u it gets better 😂

What a morning. Went for my 36 week midwife appointment. She couldn't work out where his positioning is, I'm measuring way too big (again) and my blood pressure is sky high. She said I would need a scan this week, rang MAFU and they said to get down here now. So now I'm off to hospital. Bloody hell! I haven't even shaved my legs 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm in AWE! What the duck is wrong with people? I dunno if it's cus I'm a naturally negative pessimistic person or if it's because of what we had to go through to get here, but I plan the worst thing possible someone could say to me in my head and have a retort ready to go. "But they mean well" is not a good enough excuse to talk about someone else's baby/body FFS!
Is it normal to feel just blah in your first trimester? I feel tired so get in bed, can sometimes get to sleep and sometimes can’t. Legs and arms feel restless. Cba to go for a walk but also don’t want to stay in and be bored. Want to do so much stuff but cannot being myself to do it. Sorry for the negative post, really hoping this passes soon so I can feel somewhat normal again😂
This was exactly myself in the first trimester. As I had extreme nausea and sickness. You just feel lifeless and deflated. You want to do so much but you have no energy. How many weeks are you ? My symptoms started to ease off from 11 weeks. By 13 weeks I was back to my old self. Just I will admit I am much more lazier then I was pre-pregnancy. First trimester is not fun for some of us ladies.

I’m glad I’m not the only one! If anything I’m just annoying myself! How many weeks are you?
All I do at the minute is moan 😂😂. Uncomfortable, can you see my bump yet, am I just bloated🤣, I feel sick, I’m so tired, have no energy but want to do stuff. When does the glow kick in😂

I am almost 11 weeks. What about you?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Meeeee! Was anxious about miscarriage the whole time 2nd trimester still having the same problem! So I cant even tell u it gets better 😂
That makes me feel a bit better thank you as that is my worry too, I really hope it gets better though 😅 it’s so early I feel like I’m not allowed to complain yet 😂

That makes me feel a bit better thank you as that is my worry too, I really hope it gets better though 😅 it’s so early I feel like I’m not allowed to complain yet 😂
Complain away I am not enjoying this yet and I'm 14 weeks! Dunno how I would have done it not wfh

Hi everyone just looking for a bit of advice or if anyone has been in the same situation. Currently 31 weeks pregnant with my second. My first was born at 36 weeks after my waters broke suddenly. Could this baby come early too? For some reason all I keep thinking is 34 weeks, but think it’s probably because I keep on thinking 34 weeks he will come? Has anyone had similar? Thanks X
Hi lovely, I haven’t been in this position myself but a friend of mine had her baby at 35 weeks and the following 2 were born at 36 and 37 weeks respectively. I think they do say it’s more likely they will come earlier but not always xx

Ahh the anxiety is rough! It does get a bit easier (and you can definitely complain!) but I feel like it cruelly just evolves in to the next thing to worry about and I’m pretty sure it’s our brain’s way of preparing us to worry and care for a human. I found miscarriage odds weirdly reassuring at first, every day you’re so much closer to passing all of those risk milestones and meeting your baby (we got told we’d miscarried and then they found a heartbeat so I was an anxious mess and waiting for bad news a lot in the early weeks). I tried to just take my mind off of it and remind myself that if anything did happen, me being stressed and anxious won’t have helped or make me feel any better. Scan anxiety is the next thing and then I was nervously waiting to get to viability date and now I’m anxious about “has the baby moved enough” and “tit, how am I going to keep them alive”…. I’ve started a hypnobirthing course which is keeping me weirdly calm about labour and birth! And I just try to distract myself with nice things - nothing is really in my power and I don’t want to look back and think I wasted my whole pregnancy being worried or anxious rather than enjoying it.
Bit of a ramble but just to say the worry is totally normal, you’ll find something that helps you mitigate it, I like to think that the hardest odds to beat are actually conceiving in the first place, the chances of you now bringing a healthy baby home are actually pretty amazing!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
All I do at the minute is moan 😂😂. Uncomfortable, can you see my bump yet, am I just bloated🤣, I feel sick, I’m so tired, have no energy but want to do stuff. When does the glow kick in😂

I am almost 11 weeks. What about you?
Almost 7 weeks so a long way off the 2nd trimester yet, hopefully when you get there you will feel the glow😂

Just wanted to jump on and say hello! I haven’t been on the pregnancy threads since I was first trimester (I think) but 27 weeks today, with a very acrobatic baby boy 💙
I need to have a good sit and read of this thread as I’ve seen some amazing suggestions and tips so thank you all for that 🥰

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.