Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies struggling with heartburn / acid - try loveheart sweets! I read about it (maybe here) and thought it would never work but they’re actually brilliant. Just two or three has really helped me the last couple of days. So much nicer than gaviscon as well 😑

Reactions: 1
Ah, so much has happened in this thread in such a short amount of time…

@Babyyoda88 thinking of you, and you’ve got this- it was such a rollercoaster reading through the thread to see your updates!!

@llando huge congratulations to you!

And I’m so sorry to see the news about Neo, literally broke my heart. I hope we see her back soon ❤

that smoking test drives me mad, I’ve had it done on every single midwife appointment and I score a “1” every time. My trust is apparently very strict over the whole smoking situation. I don’t know why but every time I do the test, I feel so guilty and targeted😂

random question about growth scans, babies growing a couple of days ahead overall which is fine. Me being the over-analyser, her head is the only thing scoring low (22%;which it did on her last last scan too), is this anything to worry about? Everything else is 70%+… sonographer didn’t say its anything to worry about, but has anyone else experienced similar? Does it catch up, or just stay in a similar percentile?

I’m 28wks and have still done absolutely nothing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Am I right in thinking they WERE ok for overnight sleep?!

Because we used it for almost everything inc in the snuzpod and now the guidance is just for daytime...is it a pain for them to sleep in it in the day, and then go into nothing at night now? I think I’m overthinking it a lot😂
Yes you are right! We used it for overnight sleep both times, especially with my first. Sleepyhead used to say they were breathable material but I don’t think so anymore ?! Think you just have to have common sense and not over layer/overheat the baba and obviously always lay them on their backs. Since it’s all come out about them not being safe I’m not sure if I’ll use it for overnight sleep again ?! Guidance on everything changes all the time it’s such a bloody minefield!!

Also what the heck about the snuzpod?! Isn’t that specifically for making it easier to wake up with your baby in the night ?!

@Babyyoda88 thinking of you, and you’ve got this- it was such a rollercoaster reading through the thread to see your updates!!

And I’m so sorry to see the news about Neo, literally broke my heart. I hope we see her back soon ❤

that smoking test drives me mad, I’ve had it done on every single midwife appointment and I score a “1” every time. My trust is apparently very strict over the whole smoking situation. I don’t know why but every time I do the test, I feel so guilty and targeted😂

random question about growth scans, babies growing a couple of days ahead overall which is fine. Me being the over-analyser, her head is the only thing scoring low (22%;which it did on her last last scan too), is this anything to worry about? Everything else is 70%+… sonographer didn’t say its anything to worry about, but has anyone else experienced similar? Does it catch up, or just stay in a similar percentile?

Please don’t panic, if you read back through all the threads then you’ll know how inaccurate growth scans are! The head will more than likely catch up with the rest and you might find the next time you go the head will be 70th and the rest 22nd yanno? Just depends when the baby feels like growing it’s different bits and bobs 🤣 With my 2nd his head was 99th+ (lol and still is) and the rest was in the 60s and he came out very well proportioned so please try not to worry! Xx

• Heart

I would say if they've not mentioned it and don't seem worried, it should be fine 😊
It's literally millimetres in the measurements so whilst 22 and 70 sound like a big difference, it will be millimetres
My first's head was on the 30th and he was born on the 60th. All looked in normal proportion! 😊

This time was the opposite. She was born on the 40th but her head has always been measuring 80th 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,

so last night the consultant came to see me and they’ve made a decision to deliver the baby today.

I was moved up to my own room in delivery suite and my partner stayed with me.
Baby could be brought out by midday. I’m really scared but they’re sure baby will be ok.

just sort of accepted it now but grieving all the silly things I haven’t got to do such as pack my own hospital bag, have the option to give birth naturally, won’t have that skin to skin time, can’t bring her home for a while etc etc. I feel like my body has let her down that she can’t have these extra 9 weeks she needs.

that being said, the care we’ve received has been amazing and I just know she’ll be in safe hands.

thanks so much for all your love and support 💖💖💖

a huge congratulations!!! Hope you’re both ok x x x
Will be thinking of you. Good luck you got this mama ❤

Hi everyone,

so last night the consultant came to see me and they’ve made a decision to deliver the baby today.

Baby could be brought out by midday. I’m really scared but they’re sure baby will be ok.

just sort of accepted it now but grieving all the silly things I haven’t got to do such as pack my own hospital bag, have the option to give birth naturally, won’t have that skin to skin time, can’t bring her home for a while etc etc. I feel like my body has let her down that she can’t have these extra 9 weeks she needs.

that being said, the care we’ve received has been amazing and I just know she’ll be in safe hands.

you’ve got this.
Good luck, take the time you all need and fingers crossed you’ll all be home and healthy asap.
You’ve done an amazing job getting to 31 weeks so don’t feel like you’ve let her down. You’ve got yourself a little fighter, she’ll be a whirlwind and will be keeping you on your toes for the rest of time. Thinking of you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ladies struggling with heartburn / acid - try loveheart sweets! I read about it (maybe here) and thought it would never work but they’re actually brilliant. Just two or three has really helped me the last couple of days. So much nicer than gaviscon as well 😑
I have mentioned them on here a couple of times :giggle: they take the edge of for me, but I'm resigned to the heartburn at this point 😂

Im 6+1 so around the same as both of you too! Are you finding it hard not telling anyone? I’m kind of enjoying being 1 of only 2 people who knows but also feel excited to tell people!
So so hard! We’ve not even told my mum yet my boyfriend thinks she has a big mouth, and I can’t dispute that! 😂 she does and I know she’d slip up but I want to tell her as she is like my best friend now but she can’t keep a secret 🤣

So I’m finally a mommy after years of heartache. Little man arrived 24 hours after my induction started. Birth was nice and straightforward mainly because I screamed for an epidural 🥴

Home the next day and we’re doing well. His birth weight showed what nonsense the growth scans are. He was on the 99th centile, predicted to be 10lb etc... he was born at 39 weeks +4 and was 6lb 13!
Omg missed so much on this thread but congratulations and thank you for helping with the growth scan conspiracy! So happy for you all these babies in this thread wishing you the best in your new born bubble ❤ Xx

Hi everyone,

a huge congratulations!!! Hope you’re both ok x x x
Thinking of you today and hoping you have your gorgeous baby soon ❤ Don’t ever feel like you’ve let her down you have kept her as cocooned as you could with love and care all of this time so you are already a fantastic parent by feeling these emotions before she even arrives. Sending love to you and your family today xx

Went to a wedding last night… starving so drove to McDonald’s then it was closed we drove to two others also bloody closed even though they said 24 hours. That is not what you want at half one in the morning x

Last edited:
Yes you are right! We used it for overnight sleep both times, especially with my first. Sleepyhead used to say they were breathable material but I don’t think so anymore ?! Think you just have to have common sense and not over layer/overheat the baba and obviously always lay them on their backs. Since it’s all come out about them not being safe I’m not sure if I’ll use it for overnight sleep again ?! Guidance on everything changes all the time it’s such a bloody minefield!!

Also what the heck about the snuzpod?! Isn’t that specifically for making it easier to wake up with your baby in the night ?!

Please don’t panic, if you read back through all the threads then you’ll know how inaccurate growth scans are! The head will more than likely catch up with the rest and you might find the next time you go the head will be 70th and the rest 22nd yanno? Just depends when the baby feels like growing it’s different bits and bobs 🤣 With my 2nd his head was 99th+ (lol and still is) and the rest was in the 60s and he came out very well proportioned so please try not to worry! Xx
oh no I meant that we used the sleepyhead inside the snuzpod not that the snuzpod isn’t safe 😂 same here though - we used it fine but now I’m not sure we will. I know that there’s a huge element of common sense but also there’s that niggle in the back of my mind!

thank you all ladies with info RE the sleepyheads ❤ We never tried a swaddle or anything like that last time so I think we’ll have a think about what we’ll do, we’ve still got plenty of time to have a think

So I feel like I’m so unprepared 😂 I’m 25 weeks & don’t want to have to buy lots last minute, I would rather pick up bits & pieces over the remaining weeks. What are the essentials & how many do I need for example, baby vests/towels/muslins/scratch mits etc. Are short sleeved vests better than long? I feel like I just don’t have a clue what I’m supposed to get so at the moment I have a couple of teddies 🤣

So I feel like I’m so unprepared 😂 I’m 25 weeks & don’t want to have to buy lots last minute, I would rather pick up bits & pieces over the remaining weeks. What are the essentials & how many do I need for example, baby vests/towels/muslins/scratch mits etc. Are short sleeved vests better than long? I feel like I just don’t have a clue what I’m supposed to get so at the moment I have a couple of teddies 🤣
I wouldn’t bother with scratch mitts, literally every newborn and 0-3 sleepsuit we had, had them built in! Just fold the sleeves over. Saying that, we never really used them anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wouldn’t get baby towels, we got some medium sized towels from the range, they’re a lot more fluffy and easier to wrap baby in once they grow a bit more. Muslins - I reckon we bought about 30. You’ll find them everywhere once baby is here ☺ Clothing wise, I wouldn’t go crazy, we probably had 10 newborn sleepsuits and 10 vests of each long sleeved and short sleeve. Figured we could always pick up more from somewhere if we really needed!
A nappy caddy from amazon are really good cause you can keep nappies, wipes, nappy bags, etc all together!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had scratch mits with my first, never bothered since. Most baby grows fold over on the hands
I would say 14 is a decent amount of vests, if they aren’t sicky/pooey
Muslins, great for sickness, so I would get a few of them too
No to baby towels. They’re so small and only used for such a little time
Get the same amount of sleepsuits as vests, and alternate

All the muslins 🤣 get as many as you would think you need and multiply it by 10. They are the best things ever (especially if you have a sicky baby!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Been to Aldi today and picked up some more long sleeved sleepsuits - I only have short sleeved stuff at the minute and I forget she’ll be here in the dead of winter 😂

Also bought an ottoman with a cute animal print on it. I need the storage for now and I figured it’s somewhere to perch/keep blankets and stuff when she’s here.

I’ve been feeling loads of twitching sensation in my lower abdomen since yesterday, which I’m assuming is movement 🥰 now I can feel her, I just want her to be here already! Instagram keeps showing me cute baby videos and I’m weirdly jealous of everyone who has their babies already 😂

Reactions: 5
Just got back from a kids party and I just feel dreadful. If I ever needed a reminder that I come from a working class background and I grew up on a council estate, I got it 😭 honestly didn’t help my mood at all!

im thinking of you @Babyyoda88!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve sorted out the rest of the shite (I.e my excess of clothes and shoes 🤭) in the spare room! Now we ‘just’ need to build the chest of drawers and changing table and add a bit of decoration and wash the baby clothes (and pick up some more)
Oh and build the bedside crib. Still don’t have a new pram though but feel slightly more organised 😂

Thanks ladies @WhatABore and @Sailorontheseasea means a lot❤- it was actually at my 4D lasagne scan where I got growth scan (sonographer works at my NHS trust and said all looked well), but I still went away and over analysed everything… as we do!🙄

got another midwife appt next week so may see what they say, along with another smoke test hurrah! 🎉

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.