Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone doing a course today with the baby academy? I’m fine with the poo but the cord part is grossing me out, I never realised it’s still there for a week 🤣🙈
I’ve made a mistake 🤢

I was put off when I found out the placenta doesn’t come out straight after baby… and that can be up to an hour… a week though for the cord?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve made a mistake 🤢

I was put off when I found out the placenta doesn’t come out straight after baby… and that can be up to an hour… a week though for the cord?!
A week is usually minimum for the chord 😂 My second baby took 2 and a half weeks to lose her chord

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’ve made a mistake 🤢

Even here does it take that long? I thought they gave you the injection to get it out almost straight away?
Husband 100000% on first poo I’m just not going to tell him what is going to be in there 😂😂 the least they can do really!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A week is usually minimum for the chord 😂 My second baby took 2 and a half weeks to lose her chord
😳😳😳😳

I’m sure it will be fine 😂

Even here does it take that long? I thought they gave you the injection to get it out almost straight away?
Husband 100000% on first poo I’m just not going to tell him what is going to be in there 😂😂 the least they can do really!!
I think they leave you for up to an hour, it should happen quicker than that but if it doesn’t then they make it happen. I’m not sure though just going on what I’ve read 🥲

My mum said make sure you have baby late at night because if you’re asleep someone will magically change them and you’ll never know. 😂

Chose our pram and car seats this morning it all is suddenly starting to feel very real 😅. I keep having random moments of panic where I suddenly realise we will have 2 tiny humans in a couple of months ..

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen this morning they’re now pushing pregnant women more to get the vaccine? I had a look online because my manager asked me how I felt about it all.

It’s so frustrating as my midwife really isn’t very helpful in terms of anything Covid related. I know a few other girls who are pregnant too and they’ve said the same about their midwives.

I know some people on here have had it and some haven’t but it really does feel like pregnant women have been forgotten about for most of the pandemic and now suddenly they want to put a big push on it!

Yeah, after reading all the stats and my husband working in hospitality, I’ve just took the plunge and had mine today. Just about to go into my third trimester and I’m such a bad worrier!

One positive is that there is a doctor on-site who will talk you through everything and I found that so helpful.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong way of going about this. I respect everyone’s choice on this one!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve made a mistake 🤢

Wait wait what?

Ohhh are we talking about the belly button on the baby? I thought something else was going to drop out of me two weeks later then 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wait wait what?

Ohhh are we talking about the belly button on the baby? I thought something else was going to drop out of me two weeks later then 😂
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if other things fall out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
😳😳😳😳

I’m sure it will be fine 😂

I think they leave you for up to an hour, it should happen quicker than that but if it doesn’t then they make it happen. I’m not sure though just going on what I’ve read 🥲

My mum said make sure you have baby late at night because if you’re asleep someone will magically change them and you’ll never know. 😂
I wish that happened 😂
From my experience, someone will only come in and do it for you if you press the buzzer and ask 😂
Not to disappoint haha 😂

With my 3, they've always given me an injection. Then they stand there and tug on it 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I wish that happened 😂
From my experience, someone will only come in and do it for you if you press the buzzer and ask 😂
Not to disappoint haha 😂
That’s the only part of my birthing plan I had confirmed… back to the drawing board 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
18 month sleep regression for my youngest soooo joining the tit sleep club here too. I’ve had to film clips of it so I remember how dire it is and remember for the next one because I think I blocked the whole thing out with my oldest 🤣 I think I’ve had a grand total of about 3 hours away from him in about 4 days 😂 feeling very touched out, lovely but I would like my bed back. Also I was just randomly sick at 16 weeks after not being sick at all all pregnancy, eh?! Bodies are weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Chose our pram and car seats this morning it all is suddenly starting to feel very real 😅. I keep having random moments of panic where I suddenly realise we will have 2 tiny humans in a couple of months ..
So exciting!! What did you go for?

Good to see you back @Smallpotato 🤍

I was just coming on to ask if anyone has haemorrhoids!! I now feel ridiculous and very overdramatic but I’ve been in tears the last half hour. I’ve been out for a lovely meal with my partner, caught up on all the love island drama and was about to get into bed when I realised I’d been feeling a bit sore so had a look. Immediately was like “wtf is that” and after some Googling have come to the conclusion it’s haemorrhoids 😩

Are you supposed to do anything to treat them? Do they just go away? I was booked in for a wax this week which I now think I’ll cancel. My partner came up and when I told him gave me the sweetest little drunk pep talk about how it’s all normal and I’m doing an amazing thing growing our baby… meanwhile in my head I was thinking BUT THERES A LUMP ON MY ARSE (told you, dramatic 😂)
It’s horrible isn’t it! You can get over the counter stuff but check with GP. Damn you pregnancy 🤰🏼

Omg so I have a cord story to share.
At one point in my life I worked as a community health nurse in the health visiting team and I was doing a 2 year check on a child. We keep the stickers in the back of the red book. So I went to get a sticker out of the book for my form and the kids cord was in there!! 🤢🤢 Mum was saving it. I actually touched it 🤮 and you can imagine the smell after 2 years aswell. 🙈🙈

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Sorry for the daft question ladies, but are the haemorrhoids a result of not being regular or have they just appeared?

I hope they all clear up for you soon :( ❤ Xx
I’m pretty regular, they’ve just turned up booo x

• Sad
First scan later on today, really starting to panic now about it 😣 I hope they can find a baby and it’s not just loads of McDonald’s chilli chicken wraps in there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
So exciting!! What did you go for?
Cybex gazelle stroller (twin package). Initially had been looking at the icandy orange but we preferred this one! The bugaboo donkey double gave me the fright 😅 as I’m quite small I didn’t like the side by side

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg so I have a cord story to share.
At one point in my life I worked as a community health nurse in the health visiting team and I was doing a 2 year check on a child. We keep the stickers in the back of the red book. So I went to get a sticker out of the book for my form and the kids cord was in there!! 🤢🤢 Mum was saving it. I actually touched it 🤮 and you can imagine the smell after 2 years aswell. 🙈🙈
My husband used to be a picture frame. A woman brought in all her son’s teeth (he was an adult) and his cut off ponytail for my husband to frame. Not too gross, but odd.

Then she asked if he would frame the FORESKIN SHE KEPT FROM HIS CIRCUMCISION. My husband declined.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.