Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In regards to bump photos this is going to sound so extra haha but I saw a tik tok tip that actually worked so well. Stand in an open window in the day so the light is shining through and get someone to take a picture of you from your side in black and white (the noir setting on iPhone works well), then increase the exposure and contrast to about 40 each. The picture comes out so nice and silhouettey and you don’t have to worry about your make up! 🤣👌🏽
Yay I’m going to try this. Our long mirror is really thin and I can’t fit my bum and bump in for a photo 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Oh this sounds amazing… except my garden is full of slides, paddling pools and those red and yellow cosy coupe cars that every toddler since time began has owned. So would I have to tidy up the garden first before this would look nice?! 😂😂
Haha no don’t worry! The exposure and contrast should just make the window look white and kind of blur everything outside it out as long as it’s bright outside👌🏽 Honestly I usually look horrific in pictures and these ones turned out so nice! I forgot to say you have to wear black as well! I wore black underwear but leggings would work if you wanted to cover more! X

Not sure if this works (I think you have to press download) but this was the tik tok I got the tip from if you wanted to see it in action, honestly so happy how my version turned out 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’m the opposite I’d say have the games!! I went to a baby shower recently and only knew one other girl and it was so awkward and boring because there was no games to bond us together

You could have lot of little ones? I’m like this but can’t decide if I want one or wait and have a big christening when I’m not pregnant and grumpy anymore 😂
Nah, it'd literally be me and one other person each time if I did it separately 😅 none of my friends know eachother. I'd love a group of girl pals!

I think I'll just go ahead and do it, as others have said, people will chat! I think I'll go with games too, I feel like if I was a lone guest at a party, I'd rather have something to break the ice and have a laugh over! I can't do plain ol' mingling, I'm far too awkward hahah 😬

Maybe some friends will hit it off and we'll form the group of pals I dream of, who knows! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have really individual, spread out friends and had a baby shower?? I wasn't fussed about having one but now I do fancy it! But none of my friends really know eachother, like I have individual, unrelated friends who have never met, rather than a close group, so I feel like it'd be awkward to just gather everyone together 😬 or am I just way overthinking this?! 🙄😅
My best friend did! You had to write your name and how you knew her on the tag and to get people talking she had a booklet of games and the first one was like
Find the person who
Used to be a chef
Is an actress
Is scared of snakes

real ice breaker. Gutted I wasn’t on there though and her best friend! everyone kept asking which one was related to me and none were! 😂

You could have lot of little ones? I’m like this but can’t decide if I want one or wait and have a big christening when I’m not pregnant and grumpy anymore 😂
I was going to have one but now I don’t think I want the hassle x

I'm jealous you all have enough friends to warrant having a baby shower! I'd be lucky to have 2 people show up!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel so down about my body at the moment, I’m really struggling to enjoy this pregnancy due to it. I’m getting stretch marks literally everywhere. Even all down the back of my legs. I’m struggling with what to wear all the time because of it. I can hide my hips and boobs but it still doesn’t make me feel any better about myself. I truly hate the way I look, I just want to cry. Sorry for the rant. I just need to let it out. I feel I can’t say anything to anyone either, as I know I should be grateful to be pregnant, and I truly am. I’m just not coping. I see all these other pregnant ladies that don’t have half the marks I do, especially not all down their legs. I feel so crummy :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel so down about my body at the moment, I’m really struggling to enjoy this pregnancy due to it. I’m getting stretch marks literally everywhere. Even all down the back of my legs. I’m struggling with what to wear all the time because of it. I can hide my hips and boobs but it still doesn’t make me feel any better about myself. I truly hate the way I look, I just want to cry. Sorry for the rant. I just need to let it out. I feel I can’t say anything to anyone either, as I know I should be grateful to be pregnant, and I truly am. I’m just not coping. I see all these other pregnant ladies that don’t have half the marks I do, especially not all down their legs. I feel so crummy :(
I think the notion that you should be grateful to be pregnant is absolute rubbish! Pregnancy is bloody hard regardless of what you had to do, how long it took or the struggles you had to endure to conceive!
I think body image on social media is so damaging generally but I am 100% with you with comparing yourself to others, especially bumps. You're led to believe that the photos you see of people are what pregnancy looks like. I'm sure a lot of us can tell you that's absolutely not the case.
You're growing a little human and that is no mean feat! Give yourself a break! Cry your wee heart out and complain til the cows come home, who is going to argue with you?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello all!
Hope everyone is doing ok! Still in newborn bubble from Thursday.
Been hit hard and fast with baby blues today, cried 3 times over nothing.
But still utterly besotted and can't believe little Thomas is here and he's all ours 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Tips on dealing with heartburn please? It has been pretty constant since about 5pm today and I can’t get to sleep. Would prefer not to take medicine just anything else you’ve found helpful?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tips on dealing with heartburn please? It has been pretty constant since about 5pm today and I can’t get to sleep. Would prefer not to take medicine just anything else you’ve found helpful?
Glass of milk and prop yourself up a bit maybe? I have been popping a rennie at night though. Never had heartburn before- really scared me when I first got it!

I was constantly drinking milk and eating ice poles. Doesn't work long term but better than nothing for a bit of relief!

Ice cold milk has always been my go too. When it's really bad I've had a chewable rennies in orange flavour. But Milk for me is always the winner I love milk when I'm pregnant 🤣

Glass of milk and prop yourself up a bit maybe? I have been popping a rennie at night though. Never had heartburn before- really scared me when I first got it!
I was constantly drinking milk and eating ice poles. Doesn't work long term but better than nothing for a bit of relief!
Ice cold milk has always been my go too. When it's really bad I've had a chewable rennies in orange flavour. But Milk for me is always the winner I love milk when I'm pregnant 🤣
I was worried you all would say milk and you have haha. I hate drinking plain milk! My mom says I didn’t even drink it when I was very small. Might just have to brave it when the heartburn is really bad though. Thanks all.

• Haha
I was worried you all would say milk and you have haha. I hate drinking plain milk! My mom says I didn’t even drink it when I was very small. Might just have to brave it when the heartburn is really bad though. Thanks all.
I hate plain milk too so I always add banana nesquik!

Reactions: 4
I struggled with acid reflux and similar type issues, I found nibbling on something like a plain cracker always helped? Not sure if it's the same thing.

Well it's 9.12am and today has already been hard. Been struggling with pain in my thighs and hips on and off for a week but last night I barely slept because of it. It feels like a tight, achey feeling until I move, and then it feels like my nerves are on fire. Found an old compression support sleeve Mr Orbit uses for his dodgy knee and that's taken the edge off, but I'm still hobbling around.
Anyway, lack of sleep + lack of meds + pain + being incapacitated = meltdown mode. Been feeling very emotional and tearful all morning.
I called the GP about the pain, and she advised taking small doses of cocodamol and directed me to find the number to self refer for antenatal physio. Called them and left a message, should hear back in 5 days.
Should I update the midwife? Or does she even care? I'm assuming the call with the GP will go on my notes...

Last edited:
Milkshake will also do the job! Love hearts sweets work for me a bit as well, generally nothing helps for long though 😩 think it might even be worse than my last pregnancy and that was bad. duck you heartburn!

Eurgh I was tossing and turning for hours last night which is no easy feat at almost 30 weeks, restless legs were so bad I might as well have been kicking the ceiling. Gonna be grumpy today I think 😝

Just get some milkshake 😊 or even bottles of milkshake.. Mcdonalds milkshake.. All help 😂

• Haha
The breathlessness is real at the moment. Even just walking up the stairs is an effort!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.