Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 6 weeks. I’m new here 😀😱
Im just behind you, just about to reach the 6 week mark too! And I’m with you with the sore boobs, I’ve been wearing sports bra’s which tend to give more support and make it a bit less uncomfortable 😣

Reactions: 2
It’s the Tom hardy ones that did it for me 😂 when he said “get into bed, cheeky”
we have the Tom hardy ones recorded!

I have just woken up and I’m trying to process everything from yesterday. What an absolute horrible day. I’ve struggled so much in this pregnancy with anaemia and general anxiety. My house is an absolute state and I am usually such an organised person. My eyes are all gritty and swollen from crying.

husband is going to take toddler to nursery, I’m going to try and go swimming and tidy the house from top to bottom, and cook a curry for tea. I’m fed up of feeling sick by 5pm that I live off beans on toast! I want to praise these toddler meals called Little Dish as toddler has been having those with vegetables while I’ve been struggling.

this is baby no.2, and I definitely want no more after this. I don’t think my anxiety can take it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

I have just woken up and I’m trying to process everything from yesterday. What an absolute horrible day. I’ve struggled so much in this pregnancy with anaemia and general anxiety. My house is an absolute state and I am usually such an organised person. My eyes are all gritty and swollen from crying.

husband is going to take toddler to nursery, I’m going to try and go swimming and tidy the house from top to bottom, and cook a curry for tea. I’m fed up of feeling sick by 5pm that I live off beans on toast! I want to praise these toddler meals called Little Dish as toddler has been having those with vegetables while I’ve been struggling.

this is baby no.2, and I definitely want no more after this. I don’t think my anxiety can take it.
Oh my god, I’m just catching up on this all. I am absolutely mind blown at how you’ve been treated smallpotato, I am SO sorry. What a prick of a doctor. It truly is worrying how medical professionals treat pregnant woman before a certain stage of pregnancy (to be fair, even up to full term some of them can be utter wankers).

Have got such tit wifi where I am but will be thinking of you and literally got everything possible crossed until you can get the reassurance you need ❤ Take it so easy today xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sit me down if I’m being ridiculous but I’ve been bitten on my legs over the weekend, I don’t need to get them checked out or anything?
They’re itchy and I’ve itched them so they have swelled a bit, no self control on my part but nothing out of the ordinary.
I only ask because a random story appeared on Facebook this morning about a woman getting bitten by a mosquito and her baby was affected, not in England though.

Hope everyone is doing okay xx

Can I ask sort of what everyone’s babies movement patterns were like at 22 weeks? I know every baby is different and my midwife says not to worry until after 24 weeks. But baby girl was so active last night for pretty much 4 hours solid which was a first for us. Not really sure what’s considered normal movement and what’s not? My son was never this active so I guess I’m kind of worrying. I’m going to ring my midwife at 9 but obviously it’s still a bit early for that.

Reactions: 1
Oh my god, I’m just catching up on this all. I am absolutely mind blown at how you’ve been treated smallpotato, I am SO sorry. What a prick of a doctor. It truly is worrying how medical professionals treat pregnant woman before a certain stage of pregnancy (to be fair, even up to full term some of them can be utter wankers
Completely echo what @sailoronthesea said @Smallpotato. So sorry this happened to you. How callous and uncaring of that doctor to send you away after saying that to you.

Can I ask sort of what everyone’s babies movement patterns were like at 22 weeks? I know every baby is different and my midwife says not to worry until after 24 weeks. But baby girl was so active last night for pretty much 4 hours solid which was a first for us. Not really sure what’s considered normal movement and what’s not? My son was never this active so I guess I’m kind of worrying. I’m going to ring my midwife at 9 but obviously it’s still a bit early for that.
I think everyone feels varying movements based on a number of factors lovely.
Ive just got the kick counter app. Im 28 +5. Ive been tapping it every time ive felt a movement for the past couple of days. Its really reassuring.

I also had tons of movement one day and then little movement over the following week. Worried me a tad. I just think baby was having a one time disco sesh is all. 👶🏻💃 At 22 weeks, i wasnt feeling much movement really. I did think to monitor it a bit more until 24/26 wks.

Update and side note- me and mr pineapple are good again now. He is no longer a fucker but a lovely husband to be😂😉😁

He voluntarily slept downstairs last night. I got nearly 7 hours sleep 💤🙌 and feel really happy. Woop

• Heart
Sorry I'm late @Smallpotato but I've only just caught up and seen your awful day yesterday. I'm so sorry you went through that, absolutely terrible. I hope you managed to book in a private scan and have taken reassurance from the positive tests. I'm thinking of you xx

• Heart

swimming sounds like a great idea but go easy on yourself, It's hard enough being pregnant let alone with a toddler (I feel you)plus your going through a tough/emotional time until you know more tomorrow. Definitely agree with little dish I've got some stocked in the fridge incase of labor for my mum to give him haha! Hope you have a better day today xx

I'm close to insanity. Whilst I'm beyond grateful I get to be pregnant again, and carry twins I cannot hack another night of not being able to sleep. Not ontop of 12 hour shifts. Im 25weeks.The skin on my stomach is now that tight it hurts and no matter how I lay in bed there is a twin either side who will kick till I change position. I am so exhausted, work don't seem to care I've asked if I can leave early today and they said no I'm seriously hoping my consultant signs me off next week because I honestly don't think I'll cope much longer 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm close to insanity. Whilst I'm beyond grateful I get to be pregnant again, and carry twins I cannot hack another night of not being able to sleep. Not ontop of 12 hour shifts. Im 25weeks.The skin on my stomach is now that tight it hurts and no matter how I lay in bed there is a twin either side who will kick till I change position. I am so exhausted, work don't seem to care I've asked if I can leave early today and they said no I'm seriously hoping my consultant signs me off next week because I honestly don't think I'll cope much longer 😣
Really feel for you. I cried to my partner last night because I was trying to go to sleep but I just felt so heavy and uncomfortable and baby was booting around for ages (I’m 27+3). And I know I’m lucky I have a desk job where I’m working from home so I can’t even imagine how hard it must be doing 12 hour shifts!

Have you got a pregnancy pillow or anything like that? I’m still waiting for mine to arrive but hoping that will help. And are you able to see your consultant any sooner maybe? If that’s how you’re feeling, definitely ask to be signed off. If it’s pregnancy related and you’re not being supported at work then what else can you do!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
can I give you a big hug? My midwife said that I won’t finish the pregnancy on ICU, and that 13hr shifts in the NHS where they don’t even let us leave early/sit down to do care plans etc does not work well with pregnancy. I’m being selfish with work; I worked the entire pandemic in a trust where our annual leave was not only cancelled once but twice and all our study course cancelled too.

thanks @Hushpuppy and @Sailorontheseasea. Husband emailed PALS last night, I might do the same today.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just here to moan about my in laws. They have no idea. They originally booked a trip for us to Scotland for 2 nights (9 hour drive) I think I mentioned it on here, it’s now cancelled cause I said no. They then want to do something else. So they want to book a hotel just out of Leeds so husband and his dad can play golf and I can “go shopping” with my MIL. firstly, I don’t want to stay in a hotel room cause once baby is asleep I’ll be confined to the hotel room from 6pm and since having a baby, I have zero interest in shopping or taking him round shops. I’ve been into town twice since he was as born and I just hate it - I’m skint so I can’t buy anything and it’s just a hassle. Wish my husband would just go without me. If they booked a cottage near the coast it would be fine but they don’t seem to want to do that 🙄 anyway GOOD MORNING EVERYONE 🥰

• Sad
Reactions: 15
So they want to book a hotel just out of Leeds so husband and his dad can play golf and I can “go shopping” with my MIL. firstly, I don’t want to stay in a hotel room cause once baby is asleep I’ll be confined to the hotel room from 6pm and since having a baby, I have zero interest in shopping or taking him round shops. I’ve been into town twice since he was as born and I just hate it - I’m skint so I can’t buy anything and it’s just a hassle. Wish my husband would just go without me.
You have every right to moan, that sounds crap, a totally inappropriate thing to plan. He definitely needs to go without you - it may cause ructions but I’d dig my heels in on this occasion, it won’t be hard to justify. And at the same time suggest the cottage idea for when the kids go back to school and things are cheaper. I know it’s important to make an effort with in-laws but this is too big an ask, IMO. Be selfish 🙂

You have every right to moan, that sounds crap, a totally inappropriate thing to plan. He definitely needs to go without you - it may cause ructions but I’d dig my heels in on this occasion, it won’t be hard to justify. And at the same time suggest the cottage idea for when the kids go back to school and things are cheaper. I know it’s important to make an effort with in-laws but this is too big an ask, IMO. Be selfish 🙂
Thank you 💕 glad I’m not just being a dick. I think they think we are just “back to our normal selves” but they’re forgetting our priorities have totally changed.

Reactions: 4
Really feel for you. I cried to my partner last night because I was trying to go to sleep but I just felt so heavy and uncomfortable and baby was booting around for ages (I’m 27+3). And I know I’m lucky I have a desk job where I’m working from home so I can’t even imagine how hard it must be doing 12 hour shifts!

Have you got a pregnancy pillow or anything like that? I’m still waiting for mine to arrive but hoping that will help. And are you able to see your consultant any sooner maybe? If that’s how you’re feeling, definitely ask to be signed off. If it’s pregnancy related and you’re not being supported at work then what else can you do!
Aw there really is nothing worse is there. Honestly I have everything I ended up top and tailing with my partner in the end the babies don't seem to like having the pillow under my belly🤣 . I've tried to ring his secretary today to see if we can bring it forward but we can't as it's straight after the growth scan I just hope if I complain enough he might take pity on me and sign me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sit me down if I’m being ridiculous but I’ve been bitten on my legs over the weekend, I don’t need to get them checked out or anything?
They’re itchy and I’ve itched them so they have swelled a bit, no self control on my part but nothing out of the ordinary.
I only ask because a random story appeared on Facebook this morning about a woman getting bitten by a mosquito and her baby was affected, not in England though.

Hope everyone is doing okay xx
Zika doesn't naturally occur in the UK so isn't an issue 😊

can I give you a big hug? My midwife said that I won’t finish the pregnancy on ICU, and that 13hr shifts in the NHS where they don’t even let us leave early/sit down to do care plans etc does not work well with pregnancy. I’m being selfish with work; I worked the entire pandemic in a trust where our annual leave was not only cancelled once but twice and all our study course cancelled too.

thanks @Hushpuppy and @Sailorontheseasea. Husband emailed PALS last night, I might do the same today.
Massive virtual hugs for you Small Potato 🎶. Im just thankful occupational health moved me off ICU but ward care at the moment is hardly any easier, we have the highest delta rates in the country at the moment & even cold wards are now turning into covid hotbeds, I miss 1:1 care least I could be sat down every so often. I love my job I do, but the lack of compassion for pregnant women employees is astounding.

Reactions: 5
Totally random and sorry for the outpouring but I’ve just got home from taking my son to school and my 8 week old is fast asleep, I’ve taken this time to sit down and have my porridge and hot coffee in peace. I’ve always got music on when I’m at home and a Bette Midler song has come on ‘The Rose’ well I’m in floods of tears, for some reason it has floored me. I’m so utterly grateful for my precious girl and the life I have with her, my son and my partner. I’m 44 and have 3 grown up children with lives of their own and the fact I get to have a little family again leaves me feeling so blessed. To the ladies on here who are yet to give birth for the first time it really is the best time of your life. Yes it’s utterly exhausting but those precious quiet times like this make it all ok. Take the rough with the smooth and you’ll get through it. Anyway I don’t know why I’ve had to right this all down but there we are. I’ll put it down to post pregnancy hormones. Take care everyone and I hope you’re all ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Massive virtual hugs for you Small Potato 🎶. Im just thankful occupational health moved me off ICU but ward care at the moment is hardly any easier, we have the highest delta rates in the country at the moment & even cold wards are now turning into covid hotbeds, I miss 1:1 care least I could be sat down every so often. I love my job I do, but the lack of compassion for pregnant women employees is astounding.
I said this exact thing to a friend this weekend. For an organisation that is a caring profession, they don’t give a tit about pregnant employees. I was community when I was had my son and I was endlessly sent into TB, shingles, chicken pox, MRSA+ positive patients, bilateral leg dressings that took 90+ minutes. Occy health pulled me out as my manager stated she couldn’t protect me.

where I am there’s no covid yet, but our sister trust is filling up the covid ICU again. For once in my life and career, I’m putting myself first.

Also ward work is a million times harder than ICU. 8 patients 🤮🤮🤮🤮 discharges 🤮🤮🤮🤮 patients who can talk??? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Totally random and sorry for the outpouring but I’ve just got home from taking my son to school and my 8 week old is fast asleep, I’ve taken this time to sit down and have my porridge and hot coffee in peace. I’ve always got music on when I’m at home and a Bette Midler song has come on ‘The Rose’ well I’m in floods of tears, for some reason it has floored me. I’m so utterly grateful for my precious girl and the life I have with her, my son and my partner. I’m 44 and have 3 grown up children with lives of their own and the fact I get to have a little family again leaves me feeling so blessed. To the ladies on here who are yet to give birth for the first time it really is the best time of your life. Yes it’s utterly exhausting but those precious quiet times like this make it all ok. Take the rough with the smooth and you’ll get through it. Anyway I don’t know why I’ve had to right this all down but there we are. I’ll put it down to post pregnancy hormones. Take care everyone and I hope you’re all ok xx
this is absolutely wonderful and just what I needed to hear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.