Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just here to moan about my in laws. They have no idea. They originally booked a trip for us to Scotland for 2 nights (9 hour drive) I think I mentioned it on here, it’s now cancelled cause I said no. They then want to do something else. So they want to book a hotel just out of Leeds so husband and his dad can play golf and I can “go shopping” with my MIL. firstly, I don’t want to stay in a hotel room cause once baby is asleep I’ll be confined to the hotel room from 6pm and since having a baby, I have zero interest in shopping or taking him round shops. I’ve been into town twice since he was as born and I just hate it - I’m skint so I can’t buy anything and it’s just a hassle. Wish my husband would just go without me. If they booked a cottage near the coast it would be fine but they don’t seem to want to do that 🙄 anyway GOOD MORNING EVERYONE 🥰
I’m baffled as to how your in laws would think a 9hr journey with a new baby is a good idea?! For two nights! And then now planning something where your husband will be away from your baby for the whole weekend…it’s true what they say that people forget what it’s like having a child 🙄 my in laws have booked an Airbnb two hours drive away two weeks after my due date and have invited us to join them and there is absolutely zero chance I am going lol.

Reactions: 6
Just here to moan about my in laws. They have no idea. They originally booked a trip for us to Scotland for 2 nights (9 hour drive) I think I mentioned it on here, it’s now cancelled cause I said no. They then want to do something else. So they want to book a hotel just out of Leeds so husband and his dad can play golf and I can “go shopping” with my MIL. firstly, I don’t want to stay in a hotel room cause once baby is asleep I’ll be confined to the hotel room from 6pm and since having a baby, I have zero interest in shopping or taking him round shops. I’ve been into town twice since he was as born and I just hate it - I’m skint so I can’t buy anything and it’s just a hassle. Wish my husband would just go without me. If they booked a cottage near the coast it would be fine but they don’t seem to want to do that 🙄 anyway GOOD MORNING EVERYONE 🥰
Leeds shopping with a buggy??? Not a chance!!! It’s not like Meadowhall with baby friendly stops etc. This sounds a bit like my in laws, and then I am the evil witch disagreeing with everything!

Reactions: 4
Morning everyone! How are we all? Hope everything goes well for all the ladies with 20 weeks scans today! ❤

@orange club biscuit everytime I see you posts the club biscuit song goes round my head for ages … if you likeee a lot of chocolate on your buisuit join our club! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Last day of work today! Havnt stepped foot back in the office since having my little boy so it seems very weird to be leaving again so soon haha! Had a £50 John Lewis voucher which I didn't expect as they went all out for my son! Can't believe in two weeks time baby girl will definitely be here 😭♥♥ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've just got back from my 31 week midwife appointment and the baby has gone from the 50th centile to 98th. I am shitting myself. I'm being referred for a growth scan. I said to be he midwife before she measured me that I think I've got a lot bigger, and she confirmed it. My bloods came back ok for GD but now I'm worried something is wrong. I'm probably being emotional because I'm over tired, what with waking up at 330 every morning, but it's made me really sad and feel like I want a little cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've just got back from my 31 week midwife appointment and the baby has gone from the 50th centile to 98th. I am shitting myself. I'm being referred for a growth scan. I said to be he midwife before she measured me that I think I've got a lot bigger, and she confirmed it. My bloods came back ok for GD but now I'm worried something is wrong. I'm probably being emotional because I'm over tired, what with waking up at 330 every morning, but it's made me really sad and feel like I want a little cry.
Right I am worried this is going to happen to me as mine is on 54th but I have grown a lot in two weeks and we are the same gestation. I think it is a growth spurt it has happened to me twice now and then the following time I didn’t grow so it’s like she grows really fast for two weeks then thinks yolo I’m going to chill out for a few weeks now mum. My GD came back negative too try not to worry because there is nothing we can do about it anyway but I think the same thing will happen to me tomorrow.

I am going to buy a bedside cot sleep thing does anyone have any advice I don’t like the snuz pod my partner shook it in the shop and decided he didn’t like it. Because you know that’s a test he seems to like 🤷🏽‍♀️I have been told you aren’t meant to put them in the bedside cots once they can sit up seems like a waste of money if this is the case do any mums have experience with this as I have seen the one I like just looking for any info. X

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am going to buy a bedside cot sleep thing does anyone have any advice I don’t like the snuz pod my partner shook it in the shop and decided he didn’t like it. Because you know that’s a test he seems to like 🤷🏽‍♀️I have been told you aren’t meant to put them in the bedside cots once they can sit up seems like a waste of money if this is the case do any mums have experience with this as I have seen the one I like just looking for any info. X
I’ve been given a Chico next to me from my friend. She used it up until her baby was about 7 months old with a sleepyhead in it (I’ve bought a Purflo though). If you didn’t want one that attaches to the bed, we’ve also ordered the little acorns Milano furniture set which has a cot bed (and mattress, wardrobe and changing dresser).

Reactions: 1
I’ve got one as getting up and trekking across the bedroom in the middle of the night seems a pain in the bum, plus I’m hoping to breast feed. I got mine, a snuzpod 3 from FB market place for £40. So not the end of the world if we only use it a few months and should resell well. It came from a very rich looking house (always reassuring 🤣) and I was assured it was just the downstairs cot and never used. It’s immaculate but I’ve still bought a new mattress and sheets.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve been given a Chico next to me from my friend. She used it up until her baby was about 7 months old with a sleepyhead in it (I’ve bought a Purflo though). If you didn’t want one that attaches to the bed, we’ve also ordered the little acorns Milano furniture set which has a cot bed (and mattress, wardrobe and changing dresser).
we used the lullago, which is the Chico next to me without the side going down. It was perfect for us, and we used a sleepyhead as well. We picked both up from FB marketplace.

We haven’t stayed in a hotel in forever. Like you say, once kids are asleep you are stuck in the room, in silence 🤣

Reactions: 3
Speaking of long trips and in-laws. My husband has already planned for us to trek 3 hours up the country at Xmas time to his family 🙈 the baby will be over a month old at the time but still!! It’s bad enough going there child free! Has anyone got any believable excuses for me to use to stay in our home? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg sned help my parents and the in laws are already starting the debate over who gets baby for his first Christmas
My parents - first grandchild
His parents - 3rd grandchild but his sister in law never ever has Christmas away from her family so his parents have never had a grandchild at Christmas

Tempted to pitch a joint Christmas and if they're not happy they can all drive the 2.5 hours down here if they want to see the baby

Reactions: 8
Omg sned help my parents and the in laws are already starting the debate over who gets baby for his first Christmas
His parents - 3rd grandchild but his sister in law never ever has Christmas away from her family so his parents have never had a grandchild at Christmas

Tempted to pitch a joint Christmas and if they're not happy they can all drive the 2.5 hours down here if they want to see the baby
I haven’t even thought about that I have just been looking at holiday for me my partner and our baby for next year 🤣

Haha oh my god I feel you! My parents are divorced as are my partner’s and everyone wants to be the one to have the first Christmas. Our house is defo not big enough to accommodate everyone (plus they don’t all get on 🙄) and we sort of wanted to spend our first Christmas morning especially as a family of 3. Luckily my partner is stubborn and has said he will happily put his foot down and tell them they can’t all see baby on Christmas Day and will work out some kind of rota over the Christmas period 😂 I have tried to avoid the Christmas discussion with them because I know it’s going to be a huge issue 😬

I’m 31 weeks too, GD came back fine and baby is above 97 percentile.
She’s on track to be 9-10lb. I sobbed until I couldn’t breathe when I first found this out, I just never dreamed that I’d have a big baby and I’m not overly maternal so was hoping the smaller she is would help those instincts kick in. I’m worried if I have a big baby it’ll take me longer to bond, I worried about so much when I found out, so I think a little cry is warranted.
Pre-eclampsia has also been ruled out. I’ve decided I’m going for an elective section which my midwife thinks will be on 26th Aug.

there’s huge confusion about my dates and we think I’ll go into labour before this so I’m just riding it out.Every scan I’ve been to said she’s actually 2 weeks ahead so I’ve almost given up now.Sonographer at private scan said she thinks my DD is 16th Aug 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If it's fundal height, don't worry too much 😊
They're rarely accurate!

Since having kids, we have stuck to Christmas day by ourselves. One parents Christmas eve and one parents boxing day 😊

Glad I’m not the only one with a in law Xmas crisis already. It’s stressing me out so much. I want to do what I want to do and balls to them, they never visit us, they don’t really do anything for us but want the glory of babies first Xmas. Never mind the fact it’s MY BABY and I might like to spend it doing what I want to do. I’d rather spend it at my house (first Xmas in our new house with baby) and for my parents to come over who literally do so much for us. Just causes so much tension

• Heart
Did you guys get sent for a growth scan for a change in fundal height measurement like that? It’s such a load of rubbish tbh - mine was off the bottom of the scale 3 weeks ago and now it’s tracking 50th centile 🤷‍♀️ and according to growth scans the baby has been steadily growing around the 20-25th. Just causes people so much unnecessary stress!

Decided to take my maternity leave a few days early.
Been the most stressful week of my life, my poor horse took a seizure and collapsed in front of me and I've basically been told to prepare for the worst. Everyone is trying to hide everything from me because I think they are worried its going to send me into labour. This should be the most exciting time but instead I've not stopped crying for the last 3 days, I hope I can get my baby out to meet him before I have to say goodbye 😭
Is it a myth though that stress can bring on labour?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.