Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would I be better speaking to the midwife team or GP for severe lower back and hip pain?

I spoke to the midwives about a week or two back and they didn't seem particularly interested and said to bring it up at my 25 week appointment.

But it's been gradually getting worse and I was literally in tears just now trying to sit up in bed, it's so painful. Like a wrenching pain where my lower back and hips meet. Like my pelvis bones. It feels like everything I've read about SPD.

My 25 week appointment is still 2 weeks away, so I really want to get it checked out properly but not sure whether to try midwives again or just go see my GP?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s horrible isn’t it my heart races as well then I have to get up walk around for a bit then go back to bed. Have you suffered from restless legs? The sleeping game is so hard x
Oh yes, restless legs and cramps.

Also, complaint incoming.
I am so fuckef off with my partner.. I wont go in to the details but dude needs to get his bleeping priorities right, stop being a patronising prick and get over himself. Ive told him he can a go on the sofa tonight, as i would like to try and sleep a full night in our bed and cant eith him snoring away and huffing everytime i turn over or re-adjust.
Hes really got on my bleeping nerves and right now 'in my head only', i dont really feel like marrying him next year. Gah.

Sorry for massive rant. Obvs not appropriate to tell friends about and i will feel completely differently in 48 hours. I just need to get this off ny chest.

Thanks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Would I be better speaking to the midwife team or GP for severe lower back and hip pain?

I spoke to the midwives about a week or two back and they didn't seem particularly interested and said to bring it up at my 25 week appointment.

But it's been gradually getting worse and I was literally in tears just now trying to sit up in bed, it's so painful. Like a wrenching pain where my lower back and hips meet. Like my pelvis bones. It feels like everything I've read about SPD.

My 25 week appointment is still 2 weeks away, so I really want to get it checked out properly but not sure whether to try midwives again or just go see my GP?
Sounds awful ❤ I would try both, a double pronged approach to try and ensure you get some help ASAP

Reactions: 2
If my boobs get any bigger I’m not going to have any skin left, they’re so itchy as well! Four sizes I have gone up. 😞

@PineappleTopper sorry your partner is being a douche you definitely don’t need that right now. Is he going on the sofa? X

• Heart
the baby finally revealed it’s gender to the sonographer today! It’s a girl 🙏🏾🥳🥰 a very very stubborn girl so not seems 🤣
Yay!
From my experience (currently 23+2), unfortunately yes 😑
Constantly tired. Slept pants last night. 'woke up' around 7.30 i think and had some brekkie with partner ans his friends. Ended uo going back to bed and lying down for a couple more hours. Absolutely shattered. Only got up to make more food around lunchtime

Sounds awful ❤ I would try both, a double pronged approach to try and ensure you get some help ASAP
True, I guess it couldn't hurt to try from all angles!

My local midwife team are really lovely but don't seem to have much urgency about them! My friend was diagnosed with SPD, severe enough that she ended up on crutches towards the end, but didn't get listened to until she turned up at A&E 🤦‍♀️ until then she was just told to take paracetamol and have a bath 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
If my boobs get any bigger I’m not going to have any skin left, they’re so itchy as well! Four sizes I have gone up. 😞

@PineappleTopper sorry your partner is being a douche you definitely don’t need that right now. Is he going on the sofa? X
Too bleeping right he is.
He made a big song and dance about going to bed early on friday eve (the night before two friends were due to visit). He huffed and puffed when i couldn't get to sleep and kept tossing and turning. I ended up going on thr sofa, so HE could sleep.
Again last night, im in bed. He rocks up after the football, drunk around 1ish i think. He gets in to bed, talks to me, fall asleep and starts snoring. Back to the sofa I go.

With this rubbish nasal congestion and ruddy yeast infection, im so uncomfortable and unable to sleep. He makes me feel so guilty and so i cant relax. Ive been sleeping on the sofa a fair bit recently.

Are you using and creams or oils on your itchy skin lovely? Ive been using palmers coconut oil on my body and palmer massage lotion for stretch marks on my stomach. Ive found they really help and i feel moisturised for a long time 😊

I second Palmer's cocoa butter products! I use the stretch mark balm stuff in a round pot, it's gorgeous. I've had super itchy boobs too, and it helps loads.

I've also been using after sun that I keep in the fridge, just cos it's super moisturising anyway and the chill helps to calm the itch when it's really annoying!

Reactions: 1

I went to the gp at 13 weeks and I was told it was spd it feels like your actual pelvic bone is aching abs bruised don’t hesitate go to the doctor they will probably only refer you to physio and mine is still hurting so much at 31 weeks ☹😢 really hope yours subsides I had hip issues before so maybe this has made mine come on so early. If I’ve learnt anything from pregnancy is if you don’t raise issues and what’s wrong You are only worrying yourself it is the medical professionals duty of care to listen and help you if they can x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Welcome to another nightly episode of false labour or actual labour
Featuring cramping and back pain

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve also got palmers and the oil I have been using is the Welida oil for stretch marks it’s gorgeous on your bum abs legs too my boobs get really hot abs itchy too. X

Google your hospital’s maternity services and see if you have a maternity physio you can self refer to. You could mine but I know others you need a doctor or midwife referral. They can give you exercises and suggest methods to help.
Have a look At this video - the kind of information they will give you.
And Here may help too

Quick question and maybe some reassurance needed.
I'm 13+4 with twins and I've had a little bleeding when I went to the loo. Now, it's less bleeding you'd get than if you picked a spot or cut yourself with a razor (probs more like a spot on the tissue) but I've had 2 mmc and an ectopic and have never got this far before so unsure if it's normal cus I'm straining or not?
I would say I'm constipated but it's more so that Im not going regularly enough as opposed to needing to and not being able to push it out (for lack of a better term lol)
I'm just hoping I've had a bit of a tear maybe and that's what's caused it. Not the ideal situation I know but if my arse is in agony but the babies are ok then I will take it!

• Heart
I'm 13+4 with twins and I've had a little bleeding when I went to the loo. Now, it's less bleeding you'd get than if you picked a spot or cut yourself with a razor (probs more like a spot on the tissue) but I've had 2 mmc and an ectopic and have never got this far before so unsure if it's normal cus I'm straining or not?
I would say I'm constipated but it's more so that Im not going regularly enough as opposed to needing to and not being able to push it out (for lack of a better term lol)
I'm just hoping I've had a bit of a tear maybe and that's what's caused it. Not the ideal situation I know but if my arse is in agony but the babies are ok then I will take it!
If it’s fresh red and such a small amount only when you’ve wiped from the back it sounds like it could be a haemorrhoid, they can bleed a tiny bit when you really strain for the loo.

I am so fuckef off with my partner.. I wont go in to the details but dude needs to get his bleeping priorities right, stop being a patronising prick and get over himself. Ive told him he can a go on the sofa tonight, as i would like to try and sleep a full night in our bed and cant eith him snoring away and huffing everytime i turn over or re-adjust.
Hes really got on my bleeping nerves and right now 'in my head only', i dont really feel like marrying him next year. Gah.

Sorry for massive rant. Obvs not appropriate to tell friends about and i will feel completely differently in 48 hours. I just need to get this off ny chest.

Thanks
This sounds very much like my second trimester. We had two big crunch talks. I was wfh, he expected me to do weekly shop, cook, have place tidy by time he was home and have the dog walked, all so he had more time on call of duty. We had the same sleeping issues as you did and I was often on the sofa. I did ask him to leave as I doing it all myself anyway.
We’ve gotten better but all I can say is I understand completely and when you’re feeling rational/calm speak to him? 💛

• Heart
I’ve had very small amounts of red and brown bleeding quite often throughout (19+3 now). Everything has been ok so far, I get told quite often by midwifes and sonographer “it’s just one of those things”. I don’t think they can really pinpoint a cause. Not sure if it’s more common in twin pregnancies 🤷‍♀️

This scan experience was so good! I got 12 pics and 4 boy/girl scratch cards! It’s a lot more of a pleasant when you are paying for it 🙈 I had a feeling it was a girl - a few of the old wives tales that were actually true for me were - the baking soda method, tit skin, heartbeat over 140bpm and Chinese calendar prediction 🥳
Im so happy for you! I’m definitely going to pay for a scan I think.

Thanks
you’re definitely allowed to be fucked off. Partners/boyfriends/husbands are so annoying during pregnancy and I think it’s because they don’t understand what we are going through as its not happening to them. My husband currently is in the dog house as he’s been following me around like a horn dog for the last week and when I’ve got a toddler, I’m knackered and I just feel sick all the time it’s the last thing I want!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Im so happy for you! I’m definitely going to pay for a scan I think.

you’re definitely allowed to be fucked off. Partners/boyfriends/husbands are so annoying during pregnancy and I think it’s because they don’t understand what we are going through as its not happening to them. My husband currently is in the dog house as he’s been following me around like a horn dog for the last week and when I’ve got a toddler, I’m knackered and I just feel sick all the time it’s the last thing I want!
My husband allowed the kids at the weekend to have all the ice poles I bought for myself as it’s hot and the only thing keeping my dry mouth at bay 🙃 once he realised his mistake he went straight to the shop and bought all the ice poles (apart from the ones I really wanted) and filled the freezer right up. Kids think I’m mad. Brother in law witnessed my meltdown and crying also thinks I’m mad 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

You can try the GP but unfortunately they're never bothered. They'll refer you to physio which from what I've seen, never helps. But I've always got the idea from them that you just have to deal with it as there's nothing they can do.

Having a bath every night helped a little. But only for a while!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.