Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone suffering with hayfever? I’m struggling. Doctor said they can only prescribe one tablet which is one I’m allergic to so can’t have that or eye drops. I cannot do eye drops so got some hayfever wipes, don’t do a think. It’s more my nose that gets affected constantly sneezing and coughing. Not sure what else I can do but I’m really suffering 😭 I sneezed 9 times in a row earlier and it isn’t good 😞
My midwife recommended sterimar hayfever nasal spray which is pregnancy safe. I wouldn’t say it prevents my symptoms but it does ease the itchy nose feeling and helps with congestion

My midwife recommended sterimar hayfever nasal spray which is pregnancy safe. I wouldn’t say it prevents my symptoms but it does ease the itchy nose feeling and helps with congestion
Ooh! Didn’t know there was any suitable nasal sprays! Thank you!

Anyone suffering with hayfever? I’m struggling. Doctor said they can only prescribe one tablet which is one I’m allergic to so can’t have that or eye drops. I cannot do eye drops so got some hayfever wipes, don’t do a think. It’s more my nose that gets affected constantly sneezing and coughing. Not sure what else I can do but I’m really suffering 😭 I sneezed 9 times in a row earlier and it isn’t good 😞
I can’t take my normal prescription tablets this year but I’ve been prescribed a spray instead called fluticasone aqueous nasal spray. It’s really helped, more than I thought a nasal spray would as the over the counter ones never do anything for me. Might be worth speaking to your doctor again to see if they’ll give you that!

Also full new low...crying on the phone to DPD cos I'm waiting on literal life or death medication coming for my horse and was supposed to come yesterday but now isn't coming till tomorrow.

Think the woman genuinely thought I was a crackpot, and I never cry at all about anything which makes it worse, could barely get my words out as I was nearly sobbing 🤣 hormones have a lot to answer for. Also maybe the stress of this will put me into early labour 🙃🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
My partner has just went to the metro centre and said its to shop for my birthday presents and I genuinely full forgot its my birthday in less than 3 weeks 😂 amazing what you forget when your baby is due in the same month

Reactions: 6
My partner has just went to the metro centre and said its to shop for my birthday presents and I genuinely full forgot its my birthday in less than 3 weeks 😂 amazing what you forget when your baby is due in the same month
Mine too! I've not let anyone forget though 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My hayfever is a joke, I'm usually on everything going which doesn't quite take it away, but now I'm not allowed my usual combo so I've been begrudgingly prescribed these pathetic tablets that I have to take 3x a day. Keep waking up at 5am snotty and struggling to breathe so I've started keeping them on the nightstand.
It's gutting. I know it's 'only' hayfever, but I don't think some people realise how debilitating it can be. It caused me nasal polyps a few years ago that I had to have a couple of ops to get rid of, I was told it's inevitable that they'll be back at some point, so I have that playing on my mind.
Plus, the feeling self concious given the covid situation. Cringe.
Hoefully the rest of summer is a mild pollen one for us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone here had a home birth? I’m seriously considering it if baby decides to turn from being breech. Don’t know if I’ll be advised against it for my first baby?

Anyone here had a home birth? I’m seriously considering it if baby decides to turn from being breech. Don’t know if I’ll be advised against it for my first baby?
I want a homebirth this time round! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: 1
Anyone else find it really uncomfortable that the first thing people comment on or look at is your size/shape? I know it probably stems from a lifelong lack of body confidence and being bigger than I’d like but I just want to tell people to shut up, especially as at the minute I’ve not even got a proper bump I’m in the stage of looking like I’ve gained a few pounds / some bloat! I’m still in all the same clothes you can only really see anything is different if I’m undressed. Visited MIL today. She was waiting at the door and literally before I’d even got both feet out of the car shouted across the drive “ooh look you’ve got a right belly now”. Oh do bog off. I started telling her about the car seat and pram we’re going for and of course she had to interrupt and go on about what pram my husband’s older kids had (they’re 15 and 22, so not exactly relevant info). Mentioned we’d seen a cot and started saying we couldn’t decide on a colour, was just about to show her some photos and she started on about ooh now what colour was it grandson had? Not interested hun. She then proceeded to say “surely you want a nice plain and basic name to go with X and X”… husband’s older two have pretty standard/plain short names. Erm funnily enough, no, this baby has a completely different Mum, I won’t be choosing a name purely to match the “plain and basic names” thank you!

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Anyone else find it really uncomfortable that the first thing people comment on or look at is your size/shape? I know it probably stems from a lifelong lack of body confidence and being bigger than I’d like but I just want to tell people to shut up, especially as at the minute I’ve not even got a proper bump I’m in the stage of looking like I’ve gained a few pounds / some bloat! I’m still in all the same clothes you can only really see anything is different if I’m undressed. Visited MIL today. She was waiting at the door and literally before I’d even got both feet out of the car shouted across the drive “ooh look you’ve got a right belly now”. Oh do bog off. I started telling her about the car seat and pram we’re going for and of course she had to interrupt and go on about what pram my husband’s older kids had (they’re 15 and 22, so not exactly relevant info). Mentioned we’d seen a cot and started saying we couldn’t decide on a colour, was just about to show her some photos and she started on about ooh now what colour was it grandson had? Not interested hun. She then proceeded to say “surely you want a nice plain and basic name to go with X and X”… husband’s older two have pretty standard/plain short names. Erm funnily enough, no, this baby has a completely different Mum, I won’t be choosing a name purely to match the “plain and basic names” thank you!
MILs will actually be the end of me one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anybody had any experience with stretch and sweeps? I know I will be offered one on Tuesday aftwr declining one last week. I'm very much of the mindset of allowing baby to come naturally in his own time. I will be 41+1. I don't have any complications. I just feel alot of pressure is put on due dates and we seem to see a 'late' baby as though there's something wrong. Iv been reading few books on induction and I do understand that there is a possibility of stillbirth the longer the pregnancy goes on,and also of the placenta not working as well. But these chances are still very slight and from from I can understand there's always possibility of both during pregnancy no matter how many weeks you are. I don't know whether to accept the sweep as I also read it can make labour a bit longer just like any other induction,but I do prefer the fact it's abjt more of a natural induction. But what I'm unsure of is would they offer another sweep after this? Or would they then go down the more chemical way of induction? Also has anyone ever refused induction and just had continuous monitoring until labour started spontaneously?
Sorry for the long post!!xx

So I’m home, I’ve stopped crying.

We have a viable pregnancy 🥺 little bean was hard to find and I got really stressed. So we ended up doing an internal scan.

She found it straight away and it has a little heartbeat! I’m measuring at 6 weeks 2 days instead of the 7 weeks I thought so I’m not sure what that means.

So happy x
I would not worry about this according to my period I should have been 9 weeks when I had the early scan I was under 6 as I spontaneously ovulated as I have pcos so don’t read too long much into it I still think my due date is incorrect by one week I don’t think they can tell you 100% that’s why people go over and some come early and some ok the due date I am so happy for you it is such a wonderful feeling! They found her on mine on an external scan which is why I think I am one week ahead and the way she has been growing try and enjoy it it really does so fast not sure anyone else thinks this but after 12 weeks time flies xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't know what it is about MILs but they just seem to be on something. Mine was mithering for a "feel of my bump" when I was about 14 weeks. It's only the podge I've always had hun, get your grabby hands away. If there's kicks to actually feel and I'm in the mood for it, you'll know about it.

Reactions: 5
the baby finally revealed it’s gender to the sonographer today! It’s a girl 🙏🏾🥳🥰 a very very stubborn girl so not seems 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 33
the baby finally revealed it’s gender to the sonographer today! It’s a girl 🙏🏾🥳🥰 a very very stubborn girl so not seems 🤣
Congratulations!! Was the scan experience a good one? Did you have an inkling she was a girl? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations!! Was the scan experience a good one? Did you have an inkling she was a girl? ❤
This scan experience was so good! I got 12 pics and 4 boy/girl scratch cards! It’s a lot more of a pleasant when you are paying for it 🙈 I had a feeling it was a girl - a few of the old wives tales that were actually true for me were - the baking soda method, tit skin, heartbeat over 140bpm and Chinese calendar prediction 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.