Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the packages differ depending on which one you go to, but I just got a good scan package on a deal with Window to the Womb. It’s a well-being check which also includes the 4D one, 2 large photos 4 small photos, a video and two key rings and it was £79!

The 4D one we were originally looking at with 2 photos was £120 so I’m glad I checked the offers page!

Reactions: 4
My partner just had thr AUDACITY to say we have just done a good shop and could cook something for lunch
Boy I am 38 weeks pregnant, sore, tired and having cravings...
GET ME CHICKEN SELECTS AND A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
We’ve not had sex since 5 weeks pregnant (now nearly 26 weeks). I was too sick to be rocked about and then when I found out I was Rhesus negative my midwife said if I were to bleed I would need to go and get an anti D jab and it seems to much hassle 😂. Tbh I usually have a high sex drive and I’m just not interested at all. My partner is very understanding too.

That sounds disappointing, glad you’ve booked a private scan! Sounds like she wanted you in and out x
Sorry, rocked about made me giggle 🙊🙊🙊

I was also told afterwards my grunting when manoeuvring wasn’t sexy 😂 I can’t move these days without a deep grunt to get me started 🐷

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My partner just had thr AUDACITY to say we have just done a good shop and could cook something for lunch
Boy I am 38 weeks pregnant, sore, tired and having cravings...
GET ME CHICKEN SELECTS AND A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE
Mine has just had the audacity to tell me HES TIRED. Aye I'm sure you are mate, all the bleeping snoring alone in a king size bed must have took it right out of you.
We can be eachothers alibi if you want.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
girls you need to watch this sex drive on Netflix that will get you in the mood for sure ;)

Also got my scan today can't wait :D

• Heart
Hey everyone! So happy to be re-joining this thread after our miscarriage a few months ago. I'm only early days again (4w today) and terrified of mc'ing again, but trying to stay positive that this bubba sticks. 🤞

Have awful nausea (not been sick yet this time!), but struggling with the light headedness and fainting. I've been finding cold drinks helps, but wondering if anyone knows of any good lucozade equivalents that don't contain caffeine? Only just realised that it has caffeine in and I'm trying to avoid all caffeine rather than 200mg daily limit.

Or any other tips with the lightheadedness/super low BP? 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Mine has just had the audacity to tell me HES TIRED. Aye I'm sure you are mate, all the bleeping snoring alone in a king size bed must have took it right out of you.
We can be eachothers alibi if you want.
Hide the bodies and then run to mcdonalds?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Hey everyone! So happy to be re-joining this thread after our miscarriage a few months ago. I'm only early days again (4w today) and terrified of mc'ing again, but trying to stay positive that this bubba sticks. 🤞

Have awful nausea (not been sick yet this time!), but struggling with the light headedness and fainting. I've been finding cold drinks helps, but wondering if anyone knows of any good lucozade equivalents that don't contain caffeine? Only just realised that it has caffeine in and I'm trying to avoid all caffeine rather than 200mg daily limit.

Congrats and welcome back ☺

Probably a basic one but have you had your iron checked? I don’t think they do that until your booking apt. Also might be wrong but I don’t think most flavours of lucozade sport have caffeine in? When it’s super hot or I’m dehydrated I use dissolvable electrolyte tablets instead (cheaper/less packaging - think you can get them in most supermarkets/Boots) which are pretty good.

We are FINALLY moving house today/tomorrow, thank the lord. Although my husband has decided we can DIY this move instead of pay for movers 🤨 good luck getting the 32 week pregnant woman to be any sort of help to you mate 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Congratulations!!! It’s lovely to have you here!

Unfortunately I’ve tried to quit the caffeine and I can’t. I’m a Diet Coke a day kinda gal. I’ve been drinking lots of cold orange squash though. I’m the same as you, I keep feeling light headed so check your iron. Also eat little and often.

My son fell 5ft out of a treehouse earlier. He’s absolutely black and blue and I feel like the worst mum. He climbed up, looked out of the window in the treehouse, stepped back and fell through the hole where the ladder was, right on his back and bum. Then because he screamed so much, he forgot to breathe and pass out. I had to drag him out of the second floor of the treehouse panicked as tit and trying to be calm as loads of kids were staring.

This was at a play park with loads of other parents and I’d love to say someone asked if we were okay or anything, but I’ve never seen so many judgemental looks in my life. I can’t climb ladders after having my hip replaced, and he’s normally so good with climbing so I just stood at the bottom. Not one person came over.

A few tears, checked him over, some Calpol and he’s fine.

• Heart
  • Sad
Congrats and welcome back ☺

Probably a basic one but have you had your iron checked? I don’t think they do that until your booking apt. Also might be wrong but I don’t think most flavours of lucozade sport have caffeine in? When it’s super hot or I’m dehydrated I use dissolvable electrolyte tablets instead (cheaper/less packaging - think you can get them in most supermarkets/Boots) which are pretty good.

We are FINALLY moving house today/tomorrow, thank the lord. Although my husband has decided we can DIY this move instead of pay for movers 🤨 good luck getting the 32 week pregnant woman to be any sort of help to you mate 😂
Thank you! Wasn't expecting to be back so soon if I'm honest! Yeah, I had my iron levels checked a few weeks ago and they were all fine. I also have a heart condition so that has not helped the situation. I'll have a look and check, just thought it must be a lucozade thing! But the electrolyte tablets are a good shout, didn't even think about those!

Oh my god, good luck with your move!! Your husband is brave 😱😂 hopefully you get moved and settled pronto ♥

Unfortunately I’ve tried to quit the caffeine and I can’t. I’m a Diet Coke a day kinda gal. I’ve been drinking lots of cold orange squash though. I’m the same as you, I keep feeling light headed so check your iron. Also eat little and often.
Thank you 🥺🥺 I've been so emosh this pregnancy, crying at everything and anything 😂🙈 it's so difficult, I didn't realise how it is in everything I like😱 my iron levels are fine, but think I might ask them to be rechecked as this was a month ago, so guess things can change too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you! Wasn't expecting to be back so soon if I'm honest! Yeah, I had my iron levels checked a few weeks ago and they were all fine. I also have a heart condition so that has not helped the situation. I'll have a look and check, just thought it must be a lucozade thing! But the electrolyte tablets are a good shout, didn't even think about those!

Oh my god, good luck with your move!! Your husband is brave 😱😂 hopefully you get moved and settled pronto ♥

Thank you 🥺🥺 I've been so emosh this pregnancy, crying at everything and anything 😂🙈 it's so difficult, I didn't realise how it is in everything I like😱 my iron levels are fine, but think I might ask them to be rechecked as this was a month ago, so guess things can change too.
I said to my midwife that I love tea and Diet Coke, but I drink 3l of water a day so is that okay…? She said she wasn’t going to comment! 🤣 I’ve quit Starbucks iced lattes and cold brews. There’s some lovely natural fizzy drinks, I’m not sure where you are but I’m our supermarkets we are a lot of vale of belvior drinks. Dead lush.

Reactions: 1
I cannot quit caffeine to save my life, I still drink Pepsi and have an iced coffee every morning. I think I’m within my caffeine limits? Some days I go over a tiny bit (a lot 😂). It’s the only thing that makes me feel less sick in the morning. I drank Coke all the way through my last pregnancy because i couldn’t keep anything else down sooooooooooo I’m hoping it’ll be ok 😅 I’m a bad person.

Also @Smallpotato your poor kiddo, hope he’s okay and isn’t too battered, as you probs know kids don’t harden up when they fall like adults so I’m sure he’s absolutely fine. They’re hard as nails and you’re not a tit mum and everyone in the park can duck off 😊

Reactions: 7
I can’t share this with anyone else because no one knows that we found out the sex 😂 But how cute are these little bows I got for baby!

The green one is the colour I’m going for in the nursery, which we’re starting this weekend. Exciting times!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19

My son fell 5ft out of a treehouse earlier. He’s absolutely black and blue and I feel like the worst mum. He climbed up, looked out of the window in the treehouse, stepped back and fell through the hole where the ladder was, right on his back and bum. Then because he screamed so much, he forgot to breathe and pass out. I had to drag him out of the second floor of the treehouse panicked as tit and trying to be calm as loads of kids were staring.

This was at a play park with loads of other parents and I’d love to say someone asked if we were okay or anything, but I’ve never seen so many judgemental looks in my life. I can’t climb ladders after having my hip replaced, and he’s normally so good with climbing so I just stood at the bottom. Not one person came over.

A few tears, checked him over, some Calpol and he’s fine.
Poor bean, I can't believe no one offered to help or check both of you were okay! Glad he is okay :(❤

I limited my caffeine at the beginning but as I don't drink that much tea/coffee I don't really keep a check on how much I have.

Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can’t share this with anyone else because no one knows that we found out the sex 😂 But how cute are these little bows I got for baby!

The green one is the colour I’m going for in the nursery, which we’re starting this weekend. Exciting times!
I love these!!! 😍😍😍

what are you doing in the nursery? I’ve been putting off starting ours because we’re converting my office because it’s the nearest room to the main bedroom.

Just had my 31 week midwife appointment and baby is breach. Lots of time for him to turn on his own but midwife said that’s not often that happens in her experience. Check again at 34 weeks and then I’ll need a scan and an elective caesarean if he doesn’t budge. Not sure how to feel!
If it’s any reassurance I know lots of people who’s babies have turned! Apparently the spinning babies exercises can really help! Don’t give up hope completely yet! But if it makes you feel better try and think of the pros of a c-section - it’ll be very calm and not rushed, you’ll not having to go through potentially days of labour pains and the ring of fire, you can still have control over the environment in the sense of music and lighting etc. And although recovery is apparently a bit tougher (though apparently MUCH easier as elective v emergency), it’ll force you to really sit and enjoy all of those newborn snuggles whilst you recover. Maybe try and find some positive c section birth stories online to help you feel better about things if it does end up going that route. Either way, you’re going to meet your baby very soon! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.