Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sounds early to be told about breach I didn’t think they turned til much later on?
At my 25 week midwife they put the Doppler on and she’s sideways!!
I only ever get kicks low down so goodness know when she’s meant to turn?!

Reactions: 3
That sounds early to be told about breach I didn’t think they turned til much later on?
Mine was sideways at my last check up (26 weeks) midwife said it’s normal! I think he does turn around a lot judging by the movements though, I also get kicks low down like he’s kicking my butt sometimes

Reactions: 2
This is an interesting topic just wanted to add I really really wanted a baby so much I was even going to pay private for ivf but when I found out I felt sad it wouldn’t just be me and my partner anymore I know that sounds so ridiculous but it was because it was such a shock as I thought I would be able to control / predict it more with insemination. I think it is normal to have all these type of feelings I connect so much more with her now but I can understand how you feel 100% the movement is strange but now I see it as reassuring. I feel so so lucky right now but I felt really worried anxious etc for months x

Had my 31 week midwife appointment baby has in fact done what another tattler said they were worried about for their scan which is go on a growth spurt so now on 72nd however she isn’t concerned as she did this before then levelled out x

Reactions: 8
My eldest is 12, and when she calls me mum, I’m still like, ‘who’s she talking to’

Reactions: 11
I think the feeling of shock and worry when you find out you’re pregnant is so normal. We very much want baby no2 but sometimes I panic, are we going to be able to do this?! Our wonderful threesome will never be the same again. Likewise when I found out I was pregnant with my son, I worried how much things will change.

things do change, but it’s fine. It just adds a new layer to everything. And the one thing that makes me excited about baby2 is watching my son get involved and him experiencing it for the first time.

Today’s been a shit show. I bought a packet of chocolate raisins and I’ve scoffed half already after crying this afternoon. My mum is being so difficult with many aspects atm and everything got on top of me. I feel abit sick now, but better

Reactions: 7
That’s what I thought, baby is still so small so has plenty of time to turn. I don’t think there is a right time when they turn but my sisters little one didn’t turn until 37 weeks

I’m almost 6 weeks pregnant, found out just over a week ago! Did it not feel real to anyone until they had a scan?
I’m 6 weeks on Friday and still get moments when I think what if the tests are wrong and I’m not actually pregnant . I did about 5 tests and all were positive, including a clear blue one which confirmed the weeks, plus I have typical pregnancy symptoms but part of me still can’t believe it! I don’t think it will fully sink in until I have a scan to be honest.

Reactions: 6
Im 16weeks tomorrow and I still don’t believe it
I feel like when I introduce myself as my sons mother I feel like I’m an imposter too

Reactions: 4
I will probably be disgusted at myself that I had such terrible thoughts and feelings throughout pregnancy because I’m not mean or nasty by nature! I just didn’t feel ready, I’m 35 soon so I think it’s hide time I grew up a little bit and moved onto the next chapter in my life.
It was going to happen but like you say I always thought I’d be in control of when and have the house I dreamed of first but We’ll cope fine and they will be surrounded my love once she’s here.
and I have to admit, I don’t have many hobbies so I was actually getting a little bit bored of cleaning and watching tv every weekend trying to kill time!

Reactions: 9
Thanks for whoever brought up the topic. I definitely have moments of “wtf am I doing” despite this being a much wanted baby! Husband has two older children so I sometimes panic that deep down he isn’t going to be happy about being back in the newborn stage especially when friends joke about the sleepless nights etc, I think he’s worried about how he will cope now he’s older (mid 40s but a young mid 40s to be fair!) and I start to worry about whether we might resent the baby and miss our life which is carefree, full of spontaneous days and nights and trips away. I’m sure it’s just normal nerves and hormones and I fully expect to adore baby once they’re here; I also have never been particularly mumsy or maternal but I do love my friends little ones so I figure and pray it’ll all just work out. I’m trying to also think of nice things to do that we will be able to do with the baby so I don’t feel like “my old life” is going to completely disappear! Focusing on friends and people I know who are still fairly normal and have fun helps! I’ve got a real fear of being a complete mum bore with no interests or personality and desperately don’t want to be like that!

Waiting for my doctor to message me back. Haven’t felt baby move since last night. I’ve had an ice cold fizzy drink and some sugary food and have tried laying down quietly and then a shower and still nothing. I’m 22 weeks almost with an anterior placenta so my rational brain knows it’s probably just baby has moved themselves in to an awkward position still but after a few days of feeling them more regularly I feel pretty anxious now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I naively thought pregnancy would be all glowy and wonderful but it’s basically me being sick for about 15 weeks then feeling bored and wanting a wine nine months is an awfully long time!
We only talk to the bump when my partner gets home from work I haven’t read any baby books and spend most of my days obsessed with getting a great deal on nursery furniture for some reason.
do some people love pregnancy?

Reactions: 6
Doctor said kicks aren’t expected until 24 weeks and not to worry about a pattern until 28 so I feel a bit better. Baby must be having a sleepy day.

In terms of loving pregnancy…. Few people in real life seem to despite what media would have you think! I feel very lucky I’m 22 weeks and it’s been relatively smooth sailing with regards to symptoms. I felt like I was permanently hungover for weeks 6-14 but second trimester hit and I’ve felt fine since, most days wouldn’t know I was pregnant at all. Bump is starting to grow but mainly just look a bit podgy. People have said oh I’m glowing but I think they’re just being polite, I look fairly normal. I wouldn’t say I love being pregnant though - it just kind of is what it is? Like I don’t dislike it but I’m not sure what people love about it? Maybe that’ll come with a bigger bump and more constant kicks or something but yeah, so far I think it’s oversold a bit really!

Reactions: 5
I actually love the way I look and fhe big kicks and my partners love for me and excitement at baby clothes and little tutu outfits but it is not comfortable physically for me which is hindering the fact I should be enjoying it x

Reactions: 1
My partners (literally) just lost his job and we’ve got our dating scan on Sunday for our third so yes definitely feel the “what the fuck am I doing” right now.

Reactions: 19
Probably going to get ousted from this thread but other than fries I don’t really care for McDonald’s sorry all!! (Except when on holiday - patatas bravas in Spain are )
Patatas bravas are one of the main reason I go to Spain

My partners (literally) just lost his job and we’ve got our dating scan on Sunday for our third so yes definitely feel the “what the fuck am I doing” right now.
Don’t stress you ALWAYS find a way x

I had an 8 year old when I had my second and it definitely takes some getting used too again after selfishly starting to get some independence back after your first BUT now his here I wouldn’t change him for the world it’s like your never without them! I think whether they are planned or not you wouldn’t be human if you wasn’t scared or worried about doing it all again like the Labour and the sleepless nights but your baby is a blessing and I promise you will come to think why was I so worried. All the best with everything

Last edited:
Ahh I’m a bit earlier than you (20 weeks) but last week he didn’t move all day and night and I was honestly terrified. But just like a typical baby, while I sit waiting for him to be checked he started moving again.

My skin, hair and nails are growing amazingly, and I like the kicks and the fact I don’t have to hold my stomach in physically I’m ok really, it’s the anxiety that kills me!

nice to hear so many of you have ‘older’ kids, my other one is 6 and I feel like everyone else I know has had their second so much sooner don’t really see it as a huge age gap myself but compared to others it sometimes feels that way!

I reckon once you feel them move you will feel more connected, before movement I went on as if it wasn’t real. You will love them unconditionally promise you

Owe no what industry is he in? If it helps recruitment has really picked up recently so fingers crossed he’ll be ok finding something new but just not what you want right now. Hope your ok and not too stressed x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.