Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When

Even when my son was weeks or months old I would read books to him, there was one in particular I could not get through without crying cos at the end of it the little girl grows up to be a mummy herself and that line just floored me each time as I felt so grateful grateful be a mum

I know this has been discussed on here many many times but I was wondering for any mums-to-be who have got the vaccine while pregnant please can you point me in the right direction for any reading material?
I have been on the fence for weeks and weeks debating it but I really want to read something impartial and easy to understand.
I read what it said on NHS website and then a friend who works in public health directed me to this link although it’s not as easy to read as NHS.

Reactions: 1
My partner has always been active and has loads of outdoor hobbies but I explained last night a bit of extra companionship from him would be nice as sometimes I just feel deserted while I deal with all the kicking, swollen fingers, sore feet.
And yes! I cannot WAIT to have a little bit of core strength back! I’m not even a fit person but having some ownership over my body would be nice x
My partner also has a lot of hobbies. If it wasn't for covid and lots of them being on hold, he wouldn't be home on week nights and Saturday 🙄 He's a bit of a puppy that needs to do aaaaallll the stuffs aaaalll the time. Honestly, I don't know how he does it. If he has a quiet week followed by a weekend in, he gets a migraine 😅
I on the other hand have way less hobbies (the ones I have are mutual with him) and need time off, just to relax.

It hasn't sunken in yet that he might have to quit some hobbies once baby's here.
He's like "ooooh, we'll just have a babysitter over and life will continue as usual".
He doesn't get why I wouldn't want to leave a newborn at home, in the care of some babysitter twice a week 🙃 Sweet summer's child...

Reactions: 7
Since I started getting really strong flase labour pains, this little girl doesn't leave my side, she just cuddles into bump and headbutts me every time in pain. The other night when I was in the bath moaning in pain she jumped into the bath to lie on my chest. Got to love animals when you're pregnant.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My partner has always been active and has loads of outdoor hobbies but I explained last night a bit of extra companionship from him would be nice as sometimes I just feel deserted while I deal with all the kicking, swollen fingers, sore feet.
And yes! I cannot WAIT to have a little bit of core strength back! I’m not even a fit person but having some ownership over my body would be nice x
Yeah that’s exactly it, I know it’s no fun just staying in but it’s even less fun staying in on your own! My partner played football tonight, and is watching the game out tomorrow night and is already thinking about England getting into the final and where he might watch that 🙄 can’t wait for the euros to be over haha!

Yesss I feel exactly the same with that too. Not that I used to particularly work out either but even looking at the pregnancy work outs I’m like nope cba! As crap as it is it’s nice to know these are standard pregnancy feelings though x

Reactions: 3
the struggle between is that discharge, piss or amniotic fluid is real 😂😂🤢
With my last, height of summer, I actually ended up going to hospital because I thought my waters were leaking (I’ve never had a ‘natural’ labour, all 3 induced 🙃) and it was actually untold amount of sweat. Grim 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Guys I’ve been putting it off for weeks.
What steriliser did you get? I don’t even know if I need one if I plan to BF but it’s time I at least made a list of recommendations
Milton cold water too. Cheap, does the job perfectly.

Girls, my absolutely nightmare has come true. Just as I was starting to relax after my early scan I’ve just been to the toilet and there was fresh blood. I’m too scared to google it. What do I do?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Girls, my absolutely nightmare has come true. Just as I was starting to relax after my early scan I’ve just been to the toilet and there was fresh blood. I’m too scared to google it. What do I do?
Can you give your midwife a call?
Do you have any cramps? Or was it more out of the blue?

Yeah that’s exactly it, I know it’s no fun just staying in but it’s even less fun staying in on your own! My partner played football tonight, and is watching the game out tomorrow night and is already thinking about England getting into the final and where he might watch that 🙄 can’t wait for the euros to be over haha!

Yesss I feel exactly the same with that too. Not that I used to particularly work out either but even looking at the pregnancy work outs I’m like nope cba! As crap as it is it’s nice to know these are standard pregnancy feelings though x
Omg I was actually so glad when Scotland went out because my husband was actually taking time off work to watch them and just in the pub constantly at the weekend 🙈

Can you give your midwife a call?
Do you have any cramps? Or was it more out of the blue?
I don’t have a midwife yet, I’m still waiting for them to call.
I’ve had no cramping today. Just went for a wee and it was there when I wiped

blood with no cramping can be fine. Have you in anyway irritated your cervix at all? Put a pad in, monitor how much blood there is. If it fills a pad, call your EPU x

blood with no cramping can be fine. Have you in anyway irritated your cervix at all? Put a pad in, monitor how much blood there is. If it fills a pad, call your EPU x
No, nothing like that. I will, thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t have a midwife yet, I’m still waiting for them to call.
I’ve had no cramping today. Just went for a wee and it was there when I wiped
Might be nothing bad. Are you far along?
I haven't had any spotting or blood, so can't really advise, but I've read on here that it's possible to have some mild bleeding.
Is it a lot or was it only a little and has it stopped?

Might be nothing bad. Are you far along?
I haven't had any spotting or blood, so can't really advise, but I've read on here that it's possible to have some mild bleeding.
Is it a lot or was it only a little and has it stopped?
7 weeks, I only saw it 10 minutes ago so I don’t know if it was a one off. I’ll check again soon

• Heart
No, nothing like that. I will, thank you x
I had bleeding at about 8Weeks (it was after sex) and on wiping it can seem like so much. I was told by the midwife that if there’s any blood to do the pad trick - it can help you keep an eye on how much/if any you are loosing. It could also be something like a pocket of blood that’s come loose after the internal scan xx

Reactions: 4
7 weeks, I only saw it 10 minutes ago so I don’t know if it was a one off. I’ll check again soon
I have had bleeding between 4 and 8 weeks with all of mine.
Best thing is to not Google!

I was told to call 111 when I had mine. But I think you can contact the EPU directly? Or at least your GP and they can refer you

Oh how annoying that it’s after your scan!! I’d try not to worry as long as there’s no cramps. You hadn’t had sex or anything recently had you as I know that can cause slight bleeding? Just take it really easy and call the hospital if it gets worse tomorrow. I think it is really normal to bleed a little in early pregnancy so 🤞🏼 xxx

Try not to panic yet, might be nothing at all, but I do understand it must've been very unexpected.
Hug ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.