Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've bought two prams. I've always loved them and couldn't wait to own my own!!! Literally love going to 'testdrive' prams in shops, I would always head straight to the pram section in a shop without even thinking about it. I've gone for a Mima Xari and a Babyzen Yoyo.

In other news I've just been sick, which was pleasant as I had spaghetti for dinner. 🙄🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
Omg I was looking at the mima as well what is it a like? I haven’t bought one yet as I have to go to another shop to look at this pram and the Stokke also two prams is my kind of thing x

Reactions: 1
Hey congratulations and welcome to the best thread 🧵 on here! I want to say to you stop googling I have been upset worried crying for over half of my pregnancy so far and now in my third trimester I am now only just enjoying it. Take each week as it comes and it is normal to worry but also try and smile even if it is to yourself. Things which helped my anxiety were additional private scans I had an early scan at the hospital as it took us years to conceive and I basically thought I had period pain after my positive test- turns out I was 6 weeks pregnant and saw my little shrimp on the screen I really couldn’t believe my eyes. I have had two private scans one at 17 weeks which was more for my partner to know the sex of the baby for me I reassured me she was growing well. Then at 29 weeks I had a hd scan. I attended the normal Nhs 12 + 20 week plus one growth scan and my early scan the doctor sent me to. Make sure you are taking your vitamin d and folic acid. Try and think positively because negative thoughts invade my mind and I have to block them out now and try and enjoy it. If you are really struggling you may be able to get pre natal therapy I probably should have had this but didn’t know about it. This thread has helped me deal with a lot of emotions and so many women on here have reassured me worry is normal. You can ask anything and I bet some wonderful lady can help really wish you the best because I have been there and ir is over whelming xx
Thank you so much ☺ sorry to hear that you found the first 2 trimesters so difficult, really hope you are able to enjoy this last bit before baby arrives! I think I was so naive before and thought pregnancy would be such a happy time, but I will definitely put my phone down a lot more and just try to relax. Thanks for the advice, I started taking the vitamins as soon as I found out, and I’m going to speak to my partner about an early scan, I think hearing a heart beat will really help put my mind at ease, I really want to enjoy pregnancy and not be a bag of nerves the whole time! Good luck with everything!

Reactions: 7
Thank you so much ☺ sorry to hear that you found the first 2 trimesters so difficult, really hope you are able to enjoy this last bit before baby arrives! I think I was so naive before and thought pregnancy would be such a happy time, but I will definitely put my phone down a lot more and just try to relax. Thanks for the advice, I started taking the vitamins as soon as I found out, and I’m going to speak to my partner about an early scan, I think hearing a heart beat will really help put my mind at ease, I really want to enjoy pregnancy and not be a bag of nerves the whole time! Good luck with everything!
Early scan to me was worth every penny! It also helped it feel more “real” to my husband. If you have a window to the womb near you they were doing an offer where the early scan was £49. Which I didn’t think was as too bad, you get a photo included too x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How is it only 8am and my partner is already pissing me off. Glad hes off out with a friend today 🥳
Partners are twats. I was so angry at mine yesterday. I got home around 9pm after work; he didn’t answer his phone when I was driving home so I guessed toddler was keeping him busy. I wanted an update on the school meeting about toddler he had, no worries.

get home and he’s on the Xbox, hasn’t made me a drink or anything to eat and tells me about the school meeting inbetween talking to his mates on the game.

duck off honestly! I made tea and went and drank it in bed. Oh then texted him saying go duck yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Morning all, hope you're doing well!

This past week I have had the most horrendous heartburn, I went to yoga last night and one of the ladies suggested Activia or any probiotic yogurt. I picked some up as soon as I finished and OMG! Maybe it was a placebo but it went right down and I finally had a full night sleep...

Just thought I would share incase anyone else is having issues, it was really getting me down. xx

I was thinking of trying it but it is so daunting isn’t it like will I sleep not because of her waking up but I mean because I will
Be so on edge I have seen some other sleep suit things which are meant to be great as well. My mum and dad and my partners mum have said they will buy us something so I will ask for the snuz pod and the purflo I think. Have you bought much else? I now have two baby grows and the tommee tippee uv steriliser and the prep machine, baby grooming kit, digital thermometer so at least I’ve made a start. Watched loads of pram reviews and been to look in real life. The pram choice is what I am finding hard as I want something fictional but also nice looking I looked at an electric assisted pram too but now I am thinking should I just save money and get a I candy all terrain 🤷🏽‍♀️ Honestly feel like they all have plus and minus points it’s like buying a car! X
It really is so daunting! I have all the same worries. I’ve bought the Tommee Tippee steriliser and Prep machine, apart from those, nothing else.. not even cute clothes! 😰 I really need to pull my finger out and start getting organised.

Aww no, I’m sorry you’re no closer to finding the perfect pram. It is a lot like buying a car but you’re doing the right thing, extensively researching and not impulsively buying, they’re so expensive you don’t want to rush and regret.

This Chicco 4in1 crib was recommended to me, has anyone used it before? https://www.chicco.co.uk/products/8058664093564.baby-hug-4-in-1.sleeptime.cribs-and-cots.html

Also, what are people’s thoughts on the sleep / motion sensors? Are they worth getting? Being a FTM, I was thinking it would give me more reassurance.

Reactions: 2
🙄 its so annoying isnt it!!!
Why do people think it’s an acceptable thing to say?! 😂

I’m 5ft2 usually a size 8/10, 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve only put on 7lbs.
A good handful of people have commented - are you sure it’s not twins?. I’ve been to enough scans now to be certain there is just one in there 😑. I honestly don’t even feel that big but thanks to them I now feel like the size of an elephant and question it a lot 🥲
Im 5ft1, usually a size 8 on top and 10 on bottoms. Ive put on over a stone and feel huge 😭 im 27 weeks. Im nervous how much more weight i will put on this trimester. I bought a support belt yesterday to help with the bump weight when i go for evening ealka with my dog

This past week I have had the most horrendous heartburn, I went to yoga last night and one of the ladies suggested Activia or any probiotic yogurt. I picked some up as soon as I finished and OMG! Maybe it was a placebo but it went right down and I finally had a full night sleep...

Just thought I would share incase anyone else is having issues, it was really getting me down. xx
came here to complain about heartburn…definitely gonna try this, it’s so bad, I thought it was bad my last pregnancy, it’s even worse this time!!!! kept me awake last night, so painful 😓 think I’m growing a werewolf!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Partners are twats. I was so angry at mine yesterday. I got home around 9pm after work; he didn’t answer his phone when I was driving home so I guessed toddler was keeping him busy. I wanted an update on the school meeting about toddler he had, no worries.

get home and he’s on the Xbox, hasn’t made me a drink or anything to eat and tells me about the school meeting inbetween talking to his mates on the game.

duck off honestly! I made tea and went and drank it in bed. Oh then texted him saying go duck yourself.
I live with my partner and a lodger. They both seem to enjoy making me feel bad if ive spent some time watching tv. They probably dont mean to but always seem to comment on ne 'watching tv'.

Partner literally gave me 'jobs to do' before he went out. Telling me to waah up my stuff from lunch yesterday as 'i never do it'. Ohhhh do duck off. Please.

It was one tray left out which i had cooked something on on top of tinfoil 🤦🏻‍♀️

Lodger commented on my 'marathon tv binge before bed' in front of my partner at breakfast. I went to bed around 9.30 to watch the end of an episode. She got back after a walk and text me to see if i wanted to carry on watching tv with her. Said i was finishing end of ep and going to sleep. Somehow she misread that as me finishing the entire series. I was asleep by 10

Do read the message properly. Twunt.

Gahh

• Angry
came here to complain about heartburn…definitely gonna try this, it’s so bad, I thought it was bad my last pregnancy, it’s even worse this time!!!! kept me awake last night, so painful 😓 think I’m growing a werewolf!!!!
Hope it helps!

I also brought Yakult but I loooove the taste of that, I know it can be an acquired taste xx

Also, what are people’s thoughts on the sleep / motion sensors? Are they worth getting? Being a FTM, I was thinking it would give me more reassurance.
Re sleep/motion sensors, we got the owlet sock for my first and are definitely using it again for this baby. It’s a bit expensive but we went for it anyway because the reviews were really good and it lasts over 18 months.
We found the app really useful, we could tell when he was in a deep sleep and when he was going to wake up just by looking at his heart rate. The alarm which sounds when there’s anything wrong is so loud and flashes red so you definitely won’t sleep through it (luckily it never went off for us but you can test the different sounds for different things just so you know what they sound like).
It definitely gave us peace of mind knowing we’d be alerted if anything was wrong. The only downside is as they get older and more wriggly the sock can come loose but a special alarm sounds to tell you - that was the reason we stopped using it with my first so it wasn’t that he got too big he just got too wriggly. That was at about 15-18 months so the risk of SIDS was massively reduced by then.
So I would definitely recommend to anyone worried about that sort of thing. It helped me sleep better at a time when you need to.

Yes I second this! Probiotics are so good. Have been drinking live yoghurt/kefir and has also helped me stop feeling really bloated (along with loads of water and fibre 😁)

Omg I was looking at the mima as well what is it a like? I haven’t bought one yet as I have to go to another shop to look at this pram and the Stokke also two prams is my kind of thing x
I have loved the Mima for years so even though it's not as highly rated for being practical as others it was a no brainer for me. It's gorgeous. A little on the heavy side but really simple to put up and take down. I'm obsessed. Haha yes clearly have similar taste as I wanted a stokke before I saw the Mima! I remember a lady coming in to the store I worked in and I had never seen one before, I went over and complimented her on her pram, not her baby! Whoops! 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everything was looking great on the scan ❤
She's growing, has all the fingers and toes needed, and she was kicking about 🥰

Also, turns out that my placenta is in fact posterior instead of anterior! Which explains why I've been feeling her so early and clearly.

Everything else is fine, my iron-levels are normal, so I'm just exhausted because work is so busy :/ Which makes sense, all my colleagues are already tired AF, and they're not growing a baby. So yeah 🤷‍♀️
Luckily I have a day off today, so will have all the naps today.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Another partner moan - mine came in gone midnight last night after watching the football and woke me up, then told me he’d ordered fried chicken which was delivered almost an hour later with the Uber eats guy ringing the doorbell 3 times which woke me up again! He’s hungover today and I’ve got no sympathy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Another partner moan - mine came in gone midnight last night after watching the football and woke me up, then told me he’d ordered fried chicken which was delivered almost an hour later with the Uber eats guy ringing the doorbell 3 times which woke me up again! He’s hungover today and I’ve got no sympathy 😂
Haha. I have done all the 'jobs' he gave me before he left, so hopefully he will be in a better mood when he is home later. Im seeing my friend with her 7 month old today. Excited for baby time. I seem to have a really stuffy, runny nose/constant sneezing- hayfever or cold? So i wont be having baby cuddles today 😔

did you get some fried chicken though?

• Haha
Has anyone experienced negative/disappointing reaction when you tell people that you’re having a girl(s) or another girl etc? We’re not going out of our way to tell people but if someone asks about gender I’ve told them. However I keep getting “condolences to your husband” “he’s outnumbered” “think you’ll try for a boy next”. I’m trying not to let it affect me as we’re both thrilled to be having girls but I just feel a bit sad it’s not the same reaction it would be if we announced it was 2 boys or 1 of each ….

• Heart
  • Wow
Has anyone experienced negative/disappointing reaction when you tell people that you’re having a girl(s) or another girl etc? We’re not going out of our way to tell people but if someone asks about gender I’ve told them. However I keep getting “condolences to your husband” “he’s outnumbered” “think you’ll try for a boy next”. I’m trying not to let it affect me as we’re both thrilled to be having girls but I just feel a bit sad it’s not the same reaction it would be if we announced it was 2 boys or 1 of each ….
with my son, everyone wanted a girl. My mum side of the family is all girls, while my husband side of the family is all boys. When I told people, everyone was not excited, and like I mentioned in another post, my husbands cousin was thrilled that she remained the only girl in the family (she’s 26!)

Now my Dad barely says anything, he’s a man of few words. I remember telling my mum and her being disappointed and I got upset. Clearly she knew she over stepped a line and later on she rang me and put my Dad on right away. He told me how happy and proud he was to finally have a little boy in the family. After that, I couldn’t care less. My Dad cared and that changed everything.

4 years on my Dad and my son are inseparable.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.