Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going on a buying spree I’ve decided I need to get my ass into gear Amazon get ready for some big orders! X

Reactions: 6
Well one thing I did was I got packing bags/cubes that you get on amazon - normally they get used when you go on holiday - and separated everything in those bags and put them in an order so if I need something I can say ti my partner can you get me this from the baby bag or from my birth recovery bag, etc.
I have one bag for life and one large tote bag with stuff.
The bag for life has my "i will want/need these" straight away in hospital or straight after birth
- a nightie, bottoms, robe and slippers
- "Post birth recovery" which includes paper pants, maternity pads, big pants, breast pads, a comfy bra and a peri bottle
- "baby bag" this has 3 sleepsuits with 3 plain white vests and 3 hats, 3 muslin cloths, 10 nappies, baby wipes, a mini sudocream, blanket and an SMA formula starter park
-toilteries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, heat protect spray, make up remover, moisturiser, cotton pads, hair towel turban, hair bobbles, dry shampoo, deodorant, vaseline, toothbrushes for me and my partner, toothpaste, hairbrush and contact lenses)
- a towel (hospital will give you one but midwife told me they're always tiny)
-maternity notes
-a handheld fan (I got a great rechargeable one from b and m for £6)

Then in my tote bag I have things i may want later on and just in case items
-change of pjs
-going Home outfit
-change of clothes for partner
- snacks (jaffa cakes, nuts, Starbursts, haribo)
-a cup and straw (gotta keep hydrated and straw means you're not lifting a drink to your mouth throughout labour and can just lob a straw in)
-a mini bottle of squash
-a small make up bag with day to day make up i.e. foundation, powder, blush, mascara and lipstick

And finally on top of the bags, for when I got into labour is a list of "last minute throw ins" to take to the hospital, which includes:
-maternity pillow
-phone chargers
-vape batteries for my partner
- extension cable

I may have overpacked slightly, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need/want it and not have it
Fantastic list and idea about the packing cubes. The last time I was in I ended up having to pull stuff out to get to other bits. I didn't discover those packing çubes til baby was 5 months old and we went to Australia! They were a god send then

Reactions: 2
Has anyone found any prime day bargains yet? None of the stuff in my basket is reduced 🤣🙈

Reactions: 1
nursing bras recommendations please- not Primark as I’ve just returned some

Some deals on Nappy bins but refills are really expensive. Not sure they’re worth it but we have a dog who would find any dirty nappies left upstairs unless they were locked away 🤮🤮🤮

what do you think?

nursing bras recommendations please- not Primark as I’ve just returned some
I'm pretty small boobed so not sure if my recommendation would be supportive enough for those better endowed... I bought a 2 pack of Lindex nursing bras from Asos and they are so, so comfy:

Great price too and they aren't super frumpy.

Has anyone found any prime day bargains yet? None of the stuff in my basket is reduced 🤣🙈
The Tommee tippee uv bottle steriliser I want is reduced by a tenner, Philips tooth brush pink is now only 40 quid from 139, prep machine is down to 70 so I am just getting these for now. What have you added to your basket? These are the first things I have decided to buy x

The Tommee tippee uv bottle steriliser I want is reduced by a tenner, Philips tooth brush pink is now only 40 quid from 139, prep machine is down to 70 so I am just getting these for now. What have you added to your basket? These are the first things I have decided to buy x
I had a baby monitor, bouncer, Moses basket and some breast pumps (was really hoping the pumps were reduced 🤣) but nothings gone down in price!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Some deals on Nappy bins but refills are really expensive. Not sure they’re worth it but we have a dog who would find any dirty nappies left upstairs unless they were locked away 🤮🤮🤮

what do you think?
I got a nappy bin that's fantastic and takes just normal bin bags instead of having to buy those special refills.

Its called thr Vital Naby Hygiene, its a bit more expensive than other nappy bins but the saving in the long run on the refills make it worth it.

Attachments

I had a baby monitor, bouncer, Moses basket and some breast pumps (was really hoping the pumps were reduced 🤣) but nothings gone down in price!
That is a pain I am going to just get a cheap electric breast pump as I want to bottle feed but I know your boobs can become so sore if you don’t express some to begin with the elvie one looks so good but not worth it if I am not breast feeding x

That is a pain I am going to just get a cheap electric breast pump as I want to bottle feed but I know your boobs can become so sore if you don’t express some to begin with the elvie one looks so good but not worth it if I am not breast feeding x
If anyone is breastfeeding I highly recommend the Elvie Pumps - very expensive but saved my mental health massively with my little boy i exclusively pumped due to latching issues (once I started pumping sort of felt pressured into carrying on by health professionals - did it until he was 8 months) normal pumps are fine but when you are plugged into the wall and wires every 3 hours it's a pain in the ass and you can't tend to your baby at the same time when I was on my own during lockdown when he was 4 months old the elvies really saved my sanity

Reactions: 3

what do you think?
Don’t bother. Either get a normal bin with a lid if you want for upstairs or just put them in your kitchen bin. I don’t understand nappy bins at all tbh! Even if you change them upstairs you’ll still go back down so just take it with you.

Reactions: 3
Anyone who’s due after November absolutely wait for Black Friday to order anything like bottles, sterelisers etc. In 2019 Amazon Black Friday deals I got a whole big MAM bottle set (12 bottles, 6 small 6 big) which I think is usually about £70 odd reduced down to £24. Biggest bargain as usually the bottles are like £12 for 2 🤢 but rate them so highly.

Don’t bother. Either get a normal bin with a lid if you want for upstairs or just put them in your kitchen bin. I don’t understand nappy bins at all tbh! Even if you change them upstairs you’ll still go back down so just take it with you.
After having so many qualms with bins and smells after our second was born we just take them straight out to our big bin now, we used to have a nappy bin but it absolutely stank and the ....nappy sausage 🤢 good god, horrendous.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone who’s due after November absolutely wait for Black Friday to order anything like bottles, sterelisers etc. In 2019 Amazon Black Friday deals I got a whole big MAM bottle set (12 bottles, 6 small 6 big) which I think is usually about £70 odd reduced down to £24. Biggest bargain as usually the bottles are like £12 for 2 🤢 but rate them so highly.

After having so many qualms with bins and smells after our second was born we just take them straight out to our big bin now, we used to have a nappy bin but it absolutely stank and the ....nappy sausage 🤢 good god, horrendous.
The idea of a designated nappy bin makes me feel sick 🤢 the nappies can be put into the wheelie bin after use 🤮

Reactions: 5
Filled with rage today for absolute no reason! Probably because I took a few days off last and I’m fuming to be back working 🤦🏽‍♀️😂! Being as awkward as possible for no reason does anyone else have days like this?

• Haha
Reactions: 8

what do you think?
I had the Tommy tippee sangenic bin with my son. Do not recommend.
It would be freshly emptied and cleaned, put one dirty nappy in it, and within 20 mins it would stink. Found it easier to just nappy bag and out in the bin outside.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.