Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god!
she sounds like a toxic witch! Do yourself a favour and make up an excuse the next time you have to be around her… no one needs that negativity especially during a time like this🥴
Thank you! I really want to. She lives in my head all of the time 😭
She gives me shivers, like she always talks about extremely inappropriate stuff like asking “what are you like in bed” but then saying she’s joking and meaning how am I sleeping. But I know she’s doing it to get a reaction 🤢

On Saturday I heard her call her grandsons legs (he’s 8) ‘sexy’ sorry if that is not extremely inappropriate I dunno what is?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I really don’t know how I’m going to carry on. I’m 17 weeks and already struggling at work with tiredness. I don’t have the option of working from home with my job so will probably have to take leave earlier than I planned to. Wish my office had a little room where I could take a lunchtime nap, would help so much 😂
this is exactly my issue. My managers have told me that they won’t redeployed me to a less impact area and I have no clue how I’m going to do this pregnancy with getting up at 0530, starting shift at 7, two half hour breaks and then coming home at 2030.

I’m going to cry in a cave

She gives me shivers, like she always talks about extremely inappropriate stuff like asking “what are you like in bed” but then saying she’s joking and meaning how am I sleeping. But I know she’s doing it to get a reaction 🤢

On Saturday I heard her call her grandsons legs (he’s 8) ‘sexy’ sorry if that is not extremely inappropriate I dunno what is?
this sounds very much like my in laws, especially my BIL and my SIL (who is relatively new to the family). They use the word sexy like a standard adjective which I find weird and my BIL makes such inappropriate jokes and comments on my IG photos. I’ve mentioned before that I’m not telling them that we are pregnant as I can’t be dealing with the sex jokes.

im sorry this is happening to you, I know it’s not much but you have all of us. X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hope everyone is doing ok. I’ve been so quiet as I am having such a bad few days mental health wise 😣 haven’t felt like this since the start of pregnancy and don’t know who to talk to.

Seen my MIL at the weekend, first time in ages, (I’m always really friendly and nice btw) But she is such a genuine nasty person, I’ve never met anyone like her. She kept pulling a stupid concerned face when I was using a nasal spray (that says suitable for pregnancy) on the bottle, as if it was damaging, and then telling me off for CROSSING MY LEGS. Oh she also said I used to have a puffy face but it’s gone now and that I’m arrogant (because I thanked someone for saying I was looking well) I don’t really give a tit about this stuff but it’s making me so worried about what’s to come

I know through a family friend that when she was younger she smashed a girls face off a curb, unprovoked, she is a complete nutter so I’m trying to stay friendly but I am just dreading her meeting the baby, and making comments. She’s so vile. I don’t know what to do.

I know it sounds strange but she creeps me out, I wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving a 15 year old with her never mind a baby.

Btw my partner doesn’t have a good relationship with her, he sits there in silence most of the time. He never talks about what it was like growing up but judging by their filthy home I can only imagine. It made me cry when he said he made his own dinner from the age of 12 😭 (she doesn’t work)
They only contact him to ask for money which makes me so sad for him!
She sounds really awful! Can you keep her at arms length a bit and limit when you see her?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can confirm that the coconut refresha aka the pink drink from Starbucks is a must in this heat ladies!

She sounds really awful! Can you keep her at arms length a bit and limit when you see her?
I’m going to have to, at this stage I feel like moving to Australia 😣

this is exactly my issue. My managers have told me that they won’t redeployed me to a less impact area and I have no clue how I’m going to do this pregnancy with getting up at 0530, starting shift at 7, two half hour breaks and then coming home at 2030.

I’m going to cry in a cave

this sounds very much like my in laws, especially my BIL and my SIL (who is relatively new to the family). They use the word sexy like a standard adjective which I find weird and my BIL makes such inappropriate jokes and comments on my IG photos. I’ve mentioned before that I’m not telling them that we are pregnant as I can’t be dealing with the sex jokes.

im sorry this is happening to you, I know it’s not much but you have all of us. X
That does sound similar 😣 why are people like this?!
Thank you that does mean a lot, just to get it off my chest! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1

bleeping hell she sounds like an absolute nightmare!!
At least your partner knows she’s a looper.. tbh I think you should have a talk with him and explain to him that you do not want that kind of toxic negativity in your life even more so after the baby is born. I wouldn’t care if she is the child’s grandmother, being a toxic repugnant witch should cancel out any right she has to be in your life. She does not deserve that privilege 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m the poster who had friends, family and strangers revel in telling how I am, my midwife got me a scan to see how big she is actually measuring as she agreed my bump is large. Has anyone been told their baby has a big head or had a first baby with a big head? I’m worried about the delivery, like getting stuck, forceps & shoulder dysplasia.
I can only find birth stories online with women who have had large babies as their second.
My baby is on track to be 9-10lb and her head measurement was off the scale thingy.
I’ve felt miserable since finding this out this morning. I’m 29+3 I think, I’m too miserable to even double check on the app x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@VeryCherry being pregnant is stressful enough as it is, if you can I’d avoid seeing her at all! It’s sad that your partner doesn’t have a good relationship but the benefit of that is that hopefully he won’t mind limiting contact a bit! She sounds horrific.

• Heart
I am working full time until a week before my due date I am having one week off I am getting so tired in my 29th week and I am tired for no reason x
Oh my goodness I couldn't agree more. I am so tired today. I popped out to do a food shop and I've been wiped out ever since! Absolutely exhausted.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I’ve been so quiet as I am having such a bad few days mental health wise 😣 haven’t felt like this since the start of pregnancy and don’t know who to talk to.

Seen my MIL at the weekend, first time in ages, (I’m always really friendly and nice btw) But she is such a genuine nasty person, I’ve never met anyone like her. She kept pulling a stupid concerned face when I was using a nasal spray (that says suitable for pregnancy) on the bottle, as if it was damaging, and then telling me off for CROSSING MY LEGS. Oh she also said I used to have a puffy face but it’s gone now and that I’m arrogant (because I thanked someone for saying I was looking well) I don’t really give a tit about this stuff but it’s making me so worried about what’s to come

I know through a family friend that when she was younger she smashed a girls face off a curb, unprovoked, she is a complete nutter so I’m trying to stay friendly but I am just dreading her meeting the baby, and making comments. She’s so vile. I don’t know what to do.

I know it sounds strange but she creeps me out, I wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving a 15 year old with her never mind a baby.

Btw my partner doesn’t have a good relationship with her, he sits there in silence most of the time. He never talks about what it was like growing up but judging by their filthy home I can only imagine. It made me cry when he said he made his own dinner from the age of 12 😭 (she doesn’t work)
They only contact him to ask for money which makes me so sad for him!
What nasal pray is this I need it on my life I am so bunged up xx

Oh my goodness I couldn't agree more. I am so tired today. I popped out to do a food shop and I've been wiped out ever since! Absolutely exhausted.
Do you get tired at around 3ish or is this just my strange day time nap time I am so tired I went out with my friends on Friday night and instantly regretted saying I would when it came round xx

I’m the poster who had friends, family and strangers revel in telling how I am, my midwife got me a scan to see how big she is actually measuring as she agreed my bump is large. Has anyone been told their baby has a big head or had a first baby with a big head? I’m worried about the delivery, like getting stuck, forceps & shoulder dysplasia.
I can only find birth stories online with women who have had large babies as their second.
My baby is on track to be 9-10lb and her head measurement was off the scale thingy.
I’ve felt miserable since finding this out this morning. I’m 29+3 I think, I’m too miserable to even double check on the app x
Aw I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling miserable! I can’t offer much practical advice as first time baby, but I’m sure when my midwife has said before if they think baby is too big they can offer an elective c-section. I could have misunderstood but I thought that’s what she said. Also, the measurements aren’t always accurate so try not to worry too much! Maybe ask your midwife what she suggests and voice your concerns, hopefully she’ll be able to reassure you! 💕

• Heart
What nasal pray is this I need it on my life I am so bunged up xx

Do you get tired at around 3ish or is this just my strange day time nap time I am so tired I went out with my friends on Friday night and instantly regretted saying I would when it came round xx
I would say it hit me properly today around 1-2pm. I'm laying on the sofa now and I want to nap but know if I do I won't sleep as well tonight. Torture!

Aw I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling miserable! I can’t offer much practical advice as first time baby, but I’m sure when my midwife has said before if they think baby is too big they can offer an elective c-section. I could have misunderstood but I thought that’s what she said. Also, the measurements aren’t always accurate so try not to worry too much! Maybe ask your midwife what she suggests and voice your concerns, hopefully she’ll be able to reassure you! 💕
Yeah she did suggest an elective c section, she made sure her sister had the same second time round after a traumatic first forceps birth. I probably will go for that but doesn’t make the decision any easier you know x

• Heart
nursing bras recommendations please- not Primark as I’ve just returned some
Id recommend the hot milk ones. Used them last time and they’ve got magnetic clips which means it’s really easy to do them up one handed. Appreciate the brand name is a bit 🤢 though!

My first was 9lb on the button, forcep delivery and back to back.......we're both fine and I went on to have another 21 months later, and I'm going again now........if baby is big it's best they know before hand to prepare but you've got this!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My first was 9lb on the button, forcep delivery and back to back.......we're both fine and I went on to have another 21 months later, and I'm going again now........if baby is big it's best they know before hand to prepare but you've got this!
Was your baby measuring okay before hand? My babies head and legs are off the measuring scale, I don’t know what it’s called. Not concerned about the legs so much but her head is large as well as her weight

Was your baby measuring okay before hand? My babies head and legs are off the measuring scale, I don’t know what it’s called. Not concerned about the legs so much but her head is large as well as her weight
Mine has doubled in size on the centiles so will let you all know when I go back on Wednesday. The midwife told me that they shouldn’t measure you until 28 weeks because they aren’t accurate so babies real measurement is the 28 week one 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Mehhh I can't wait to be just a few weeks further 😩 21+3 today and movements have felt way less than usual.. called the midwife team and they don't do anything for movements until 24 weeks.

I know it's early-ish still but I know what I've felt over the past few weeks, and I started feeling it earlier than most. So to suddenly not feel anything all day when I usually spend half my day staring at my belly jiggling from kicks is freaking me out a bit :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.