Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Filled with rage today for absolute no reason! Probably because I took a few days off last and I’m fuming to be back working 🤦🏽‍♀️😂! Being as awkward as possible for no reason does anyone else have days like this?
Hahhaa yes! Everytime my email goes off I’m like ‘UGHHHH WHAT DO YOU WANT, LEAVE ME ALONE’. It’s not like it’s my job or anything 🤣🤣🤣 bring on maternity leave!

Reactions: 5
Hahhaa yes! Everytime my email goes off I’m like ‘UGHHHH WHAT DO YOU WANT, LEAVE ME ALONE’. It’s not like it’s my job or anything 🤣🤣🤣 bring on maternity leave!
😂😂😂 yes!! Also I work from home and havent even got dressed yet it’s really not that much of an inconvenience! I’m just raging that I can’t potter about looking at baby things.

Reactions: 2
Filled with rage today for absolute no reason! Probably because I took a few days off last and I’m fuming to be back working 🤦🏽‍♀️😂! Being as awkward as possible for no reason does anyone else have days like this?
YES. I work with all men and they are all doing my tits in today for no reason 🤣

Oh god I’m so behind again! 🙈

Anyone else find themselves absolutely wiped out by stuff they’d easily do before? I was out all day Saturday for a friends birthday and then my dad visited Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon o had a cracking headache and just felt drained - fell asleep for an hour on the sofa and then went to bed before 7!

Currently sat on the sofa after calling in sick today - still feeling groggy and tired and just felt like I needed a day to sit and do nothing. The only thing I can think is that I over exerted myself at the weekend?

Also I know I missed the cleaner chat - but those of you with cleaners, do you stay at home while they’re there? I’m currently working at home, my husband works nights and sleeps all day and I have a big, bouncy lab who thinks every visitor is a new friend. I’d LOVE for someone to just pop round every week for an hour and give downstairs a good clean. I can manage upstairs as it’s mostly tidying and dusting, but if someone could help me keep the kitchen and living room in order it would help. I’m just so tired all the time and I’m struggling to keep on top of everything.

I work upstairs in the spare room so I could keep the dog upstairs with me for an hour (he’d probably whine the entire time) but is that weird?

Reactions: 1
Oh god I’m so behind again! 🙈

Anyone else find themselves absolutely wiped out by stuff they’d easily do before? I was out all day Saturday for a friends birthday and then my dad visited Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon o had a cracking headache and just felt drained - fell asleep for an hour on the sofa and then went to bed before 7!

Currently sat on the sofa after calling in sick today - still feeling groggy and tired and just felt like I needed a day to sit and do nothing. The only thing I can think is that I over exerted myself at the weekend?

Also I know I missed the cleaner chat - but those of you with cleaners, do you stay at home while they’re there? I’m currently working at home, my husband works nights and sleeps all day and I have a big, bouncy lab who thinks every visitor is a new friend. I’d LOVE for someone to just pop round every week for an hour and give downstairs a good clean. I can manage upstairs as it’s mostly tidying and dusting, but if someone could help me keep the kitchen and living room in order it would help. I’m just so tired all the time and I’m struggling to keep on top of everything.

I work upstairs in the spare room so I could keep the dog upstairs with me for an hour (he’d probably whine the entire time) but is that weird?
I’ve always gone out when my cleaner is in. I find it really uncomfortable being there when they are, it feels like I’m just being lazy (since I’m not working at home) by having someone clean when I’m in my house. But that’s just my personal preference.

We also have a lab, have had 2 in the past, and I always make sure they are out of the way.

had days like this before I was pregnant!

I had the Tommy tippee sangenic bin with my son. Do not recommend.
It would be freshly emptied and cleaned, put one dirty nappy in it, and within 20 mins it would stink. Found it easier to just nappy bag and out in the bin outside.
totally agree. We had the angelcare one and it was the biggest waste of money. Poo nappies went straight downstairs or were double bagged and wee nappies in the bin. Bin emptied every night at bedtime.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I feel the exact same even if it’s a nice email I’m like please stop contacting me hahaha

• Haha
Feeling the same about work! Just feels like a massive inconvenience at the moment, there’s so much other stuff I’d rather be doing.

Had my 25 week appointment today, still surprised at how quick they are. Got to hear baby’s heartbeat again though so that was nice. The appointments are getting more frequent now and my midwife told me I’m entitled to time off so to stop having them in my lunch breaks 😂

Reactions: 6
Had my 25 week appointment today, still surprised at how quick they are. Got to hear baby’s heartbeat again though so that was nice. The appointments are getting more frequent now and my midwife told me I’m entitled to time off so to stop having them in my lunch breaks 😂
I still have all my heartbeat recordings on my phone!

I refuse to work beyond 28 weeks. I’m taking leave and I’m out of there!

Im regretting my maternity leave decision now after reading everyone is finishing 😂 I'm working up to my due date as I only work part time and from home, but my boss is really making me work for it😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Oh the negative nappy bin chat is disappointing! We’re in a flat so have an indoor kitchen bin only (i don’t do bathroom bins) which needs taking down to the bin store in the street. Not an issue as it’s husband’s job but it’s a bit much to do it daily or multiple times a day so thought a nappy bin would definitely make life easier. Now thinking maybe I should just get a small outdoor bin and keep it at the front door or on the balcony but surely in the summer when the sun is on it it’ll stink?!

Im regretting my maternity leave decision now after reading everyone is finishing 😂 I'm working up to my due date as I only work part time and from home, but my boss is really making me work for it😂😂😂
I am working full time until a week before my due date I am having one week off I am getting so tired in my 29th week and I am tired for no reason x

Reactions: 3
Oh the negative nappy bin chat is disappointing! We’re in a flat so have an indoor kitchen bin only (i don’t do bathroom bins) which needs taking down to the bin store in the street. Not an issue as it’s husband’s job but it’s a bit much to do it daily or multiple times a day so thought a nappy bin would definitely make life easier. Now thinking maybe I should just get a small outdoor bin and keep it at the front door or on the balcony but surely in the summer when the sun is on it it’ll stink?!
I’ve got a ‘compost caddy’ thing I use in the daytime and empty in the evening, it’s small but big enough for a day’s nappies. It’s totally impractical to leave or take baby and go out to the wheelie bin after every nappy change, particularly at night for us as it’s quite far away but I didn’t fancy the size and look of the nappy bins. Keeps smells pretty well contained and can spray it out easily after use. Think it was about £5. A pedal bin would do just as well but this is a good size and fits in one of those grey nappy caddy basket things.
DF5B3782-8E4A-47C7-A480-7E011A90DC88.jpeg

Just posted elsewhere This travel cot on Amazon looks good and they’ve got some good prime day deals on Tommee Tippee, similar price to Black Friday last year. As someone said up thread, if you can hold out for Black Friday there’s awesome deals to be had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Feeling the same about work! Just feels like a massive inconvenience at the moment, there’s so much other stuff I’d rather be doing.

I am sooo in the same boat today and the past week tbh. I am lucky to work from home most of the time, except a few days in the office.

Today I actually fell asleep at my desk... full on snoring.

Lovely you got to hear the heartbeat ❤

Reactions: 5
I really don’t know how I’m going to carry on. I’m 17 weeks and already struggling at work with tiredness. I don’t have the option of working from home with my job so will probably have to take leave earlier than I planned to. Wish my office had a little room where I could take a lunchtime nap, would help so much 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Massively regretting saying I'll work till 38 weeks 🤣 I'm 35+4 weeks, my pelvis hurts, I'm SO tired and to top it off I'm doing early shifts so have to be up at 4.30am 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve got a ‘compost caddy’ thing I use in the daytime and empty in the evening, it’s small but big enough for a day’s nappies. It’s totally impractical to leave or take baby and go out to the wheelie bin after every nappy change, particularly at night for us as it’s quite far away but I didn’t fancy the size and look of the nappy bins. Keeps smells pretty well contained and can spray it out easily after use. Think it was about £5. A pedal bin would do just as well but this is a good size and fits in one of those grey nappy caddy basket things.
View attachment 627579
Just posted elsewhere This travel cot on Amazon looks good and they’ve got some good prime day deals on Tommee Tippee, similar price to Black Friday last year. As someone said up thread, if you can hold out for Black Friday there’s awesome deals to be had.
That’s a great idea

Hope everyone is doing ok. I’ve been so quiet as I am having such a bad few days mental health wise 😣 haven’t felt like this since the start of pregnancy and don’t know who to talk to.

Seen my MIL at the weekend, first time in ages, (I’m always really friendly and nice btw) But she is such a genuine nasty person, I’ve never met anyone like her. She kept pulling a stupid concerned face when I was using a nasal spray (that says suitable for pregnancy) on the bottle, as if it was damaging, and then telling me off for CROSSING MY LEGS. Oh she also said I used to have a puffy face but it’s gone now and that I’m arrogant (because I thanked someone for saying I was looking well) I don’t really give a tit about this stuff but it’s making me so worried about what’s to come

I know through a family friend that when she was younger she smashed a girls face off a curb, unprovoked, she is a complete nutter so I’m trying to stay friendly but I am just dreading her meeting the baby, and making comments. She’s so vile. I don’t know what to do.

I know it sounds strange but she creeps me out, I wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving a 15 year old with her never mind a baby.

Btw my partner doesn’t have a good relationship with her, he sits there in silence most of the time. He never talks about what it was like growing up but judging by their filthy home I can only imagine. It made me cry when he said he made his own dinner from the age of 12 😭 (she doesn’t work)
They only contact him to ask for money which makes me so sad for him!
Oh my god!
she sounds like a toxic witch! Do yourself a favour and make up an excuse the next time you have to be around her… no one needs that negativity especially during a time like this🥴

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.