Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm desperate to get an HD one but husband doesn't want to 😢 this will probably be our last baby so I'm wanting to do ALL the things.
Anyone else feel really sad at the prospect of not being pregnant? I want to hang on to this excitement forever but equally can't wait to meet him.

Reactions: 6
I’ve got my anomaly scan in 10 days.. I’ll be 21 weeks then.. do you think they will be able to tell me the gender or am I better off booking a private gender scan?

I'm desperate to get an HD one but husband doesn't want to 😢 this will probably be our last baby so I'm wanting to do ALL the things.
Anyone else feel really sad at the prospect of not being pregnant? I want to hang on to this excitement forever but equally can't wait to meet him.
Yeah! It’s just hit me in the last few days that there will (hopefully) be a baby soon and I won’t be pregnant any more. I’ve actually really enjoyed most parts of pregnancy and kind of sad to have missed out on quite a lot of stuff due to the pandemic!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Was that a private one or NHS?

At our 20 week scan when I asked for the gender, she said “I’m going to go with… girl” but she was a bit non-committal 😂 so then as much as we’re preparing for a girl I’ve also got it in the back of my mind that she could be wrong! But I also read online that the NHS ones they prefer not to fully commit in case they’re wrong haha.

We’re having another private one in July to make sure 😂
It was a private one but I'm only quite weeks so quite early! I'm going to say at my 20 week scan we've been told girl and ask do they think the same

Yes I'm only 16 weeks and already so sad at the thought this is the last time I'll go for a first scan, last time I'll be going for all these antenatal appts. 😭😭🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just wondering how people approached telling their other children there will be a new baby?

I haven’t wanted to tell our son (3.5) yet as not all of our family know because I’m sure once he does, he’ll tell everyone! He seems very excited about the thought of a baby though, but I’ve just been abit hesitant about actually telling him 🙈
My boy is 4 but hes quite a young 4 (if that makes sense) and a massive Mummy’s boy. A few friends had babies so we went over to meet them, and then we spoke about brothers and sisters. He loves Anna and Elsa and they are sisters, Bluey and Bingo are sisters etc. We kept pointing out babies and then using his doll, what we would do if a baby was crying or needed a mummy or daddy. He’s asked several times for a little sister “like Bluey and Elsa” but we haven’t told him outright there’s one in Mummy’s Tummy as it’s still early days and I just don’t think he would comprehend that yet. Considering telling him once I’m a bit bigger and you can feel baby move.

I worry so much about all of this as me and my son have such a close bond. I’ve mentioned before that we hold hands when we are in the car, and he always hugs me and says “you’re my best friend!”. I worry that I won’t have time for him or something will change. He’s been through so much with me with my health over the past 4 years and he’s just an little dream.

Reactions: 1
My boy is 4 but hes quite a young 4 (if that makes sense) and a massive Mummy’s boy. A few friends had babies so we went over to meet them, and then we spoke about brothers and sisters. He loves Anna and Elsa and they are sisters, Bluey and Bingo are sisters etc. We kept pointing out babies and then using his doll, what we would do if a baby was crying or needed a mummy or daddy. He’s asked several times for a little sister “like Bluey and Elsa” but we haven’t told him outright there’s one in Mummy’s Tummy as it’s still early days and I just don’t think he would comprehend that yet. Considering telling him once I’m a bit bigger and you can feel baby move.

I worry so much about all of this as me and my son have such a close bond. I’ve mentioned before that we hold hands when we are in the car, and he always hugs me and says “you’re my best friend!”. I worry that I won’t have time for him or something will change. He’s been through so much with me with my health over the past 4 years and he’s just an little dream.
I know exactly how you feel. I do worry about how much our dynamic will change as he is very used to having attention and is so loving and caring and I love the bond the 3 of us have.

My son is quite aware of babies and what they do, being in peoples tummies and asks for a brother or sister allll the time. Which I’m chuffed about but I want to tread carefully because like you say, there will be a huge dynamic change and he’s very aware of things. I know there are things like big brother books etc which we will 100% get but it feels hard to know when to say!

Reactions: 2
I know exactly how you feel. I do worry about how much our dynamic will change as he is very used to having attention and is so loving and caring and I love the bond the 3 of us have.

My son is quite aware of babies and what they do, being in peoples tummies and asks for a brother or sister allll the time. Which I’m chuffed about but I want to tread carefully because like you say, there will be a huge dynamic change and he’s very aware of things. I know there are things like big brother books etc which we will 100% get but it feels hard to know when to say!
my son is very much a visual learner, when I was poorly he didn’t comprehend until he saw me on crutches rather than when I was at home poorly! So my plan to wait until I’m bigger is purely based on my son. I’m dreading leaving him on the day to have the baby. I’ll cry!

We’re having a boy! 💙 so shocked…we were both convinced it was a girl but the sonographer seemed pretty certain! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The hd scan is absolutely amazing I am so glad we went when I saw her face like wow!
I’ve also just posted a picture of a baby grow and scan on Instagram for Father’s Day I wasn’t going to post at all but my partner hasn’t seen his son today he saw him yesterday and I want him to know how appreciated he is and how much I love him. I never post anything so I felt like I wanted to share. Quite funny as so many people asking for due date I am just not going to respond just like the comments 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ahh bless that's so sweet of you.
I contemplated doing similar (haven't put anything on social media) I am very vague when people ask me and go with "oh September" or even better "autumn" 😂 I don't want to end up with the incessant "are they here yet?" messages.
Ohh I so want to do the HD one. I'm going to try asking sweetly again.

• Heart
Anyone else absolutely knackered today? Didn’t get up until 9am and have been back in bed since 4pm!!!

taking full advantage of the last month that I won’t have a tiny human to look after 😊

Reactions: 7
Ahh bless that's so sweet of you.
I contemplated doing similar (haven't put anything on social media) I am very vague when people ask me and go with "oh September" or even better "autumn" 😂 I don't want to end up with the incessant "are they here yet?" messages.
Ohh I so want to do the HD one. I'm going to try asking sweetly again.
I gave fake dates with my son. I told everyone it was June 5th but we knew it was May 10th.

Reactions: 4
I was so angry when people figured out he was born; basically I was quiet on IG and WhatsApp and then a few people from work were commenting on my Facebook. Piss off!
Omg that would annoy me I don’t have fb but I have not even said a date or year just thank you for the best gift I could ever receive which I have waited so long for and how much I love him god I am crying again 😆 feel like I want him to be mean to me so I stop crying haha 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just wondering how people approached telling their other children there will be a new baby?

I haven’t wanted to tell our son (3.5) yet as not all of our family know because I’m sure once he does, he’ll tell everyone! He seems very excited about the thought of a baby though, but I’ve just been abit hesitant about actually telling him 🙈
We have always started by showing a scan picture and just explain it as this is the baby growing in my tummy, when it comes out (and give a time reference eg just before Christmas, after your birthday) they will come and live with us as part of our family. Then just leave it. We don’t force them to talk about it, we never ask them to tell other people or discuss it with others unless they bring it up.

I would say things like “oh I am tired today, the baby in my tummy sometimes makes me tired/sick etc” or if we see a baby say “soon our baby will be coming to live with us”. So just chat about it when it comes up, keep it casual, and don’t expect anything at all. My kids have always loved chatting about it, but I know other kids who’ve not once mentioned the baby after they’ve been told.

Also mention things that will change in the house - “oh we will have a cot in our room for the baby/we will need another car seat for the baby”. I think when kids know practicalities of things they are better able to deal. Also as it gets closer to the time explaining what will happen to your son when you’re in labour eg “when the baby is coming out of my tummy you’ll be sleeping at granny’s house”

There are lots of books you can get from the library in the subject as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.