Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm having my first ovulation since i've stopped taking the pill and my boobs hurt like crazy 😂 i can barely walk! any tips? 😁

i'm having my first ovulation since i've stopped taking the pill and my boobs hurt like crazy 😂 i can barely walk! any tips? 😁
How do you know! I never know when I’m ovulating - but I don’t think I have as only came off the pill a couple of months ago! Maybe a sports bra would be most comfortable? Sounds painful!

Reactions: 1
How do you know! I never know when I’m ovulating - but I don’t think I have as only came off the pill a couple of months ago! Maybe a sports bra would be most comfortable? Sounds painful!
You probs have pixi, most people ovulate 10-14 days before their period so as you have had a period cycle day 50, you probs did around cycle day 35. Maybe earlier this cycle if it’s less!

loads of people get no pain at all during ovulation so don’t even know they are. You can monitor it through BBT if you are interested (that’s how natural cycles works to predict fertile days).

You probs have pixi, most people ovulate 10-14 days before their period so as you have had a period cycle day 50, you probs did around cycle day 35. Maybe earlier this cycle if it’s less! loads of people get no pain at all during ovulation so don’t even know they are. You can monitor it through BBT if you are interested (that’s how natural cycles works to predict fertile days).
you probably are but don't feel it! i never really felt it before other than when i was on a break from the pill for a few months. now i track my cycle with flo and just when i'm about to ovulate i get all the symptoms, like lower abdominal pain, extra horny (😂 😂 😂) and most of all this pain in my boobs! probably a good sports bra would help. might as well invest in some now that i'm fully off the pill

I feel ya.. 😩 sports bra for sure, compression fit if possible. 👌
I have the worst ovulation symptoms (worse than my period which is barely nothing to be fair) crazy sore boobs, actually feel the pop, horrific dragging type ache/pain, constipation ... it Is shite to say the least lol

• Heart
Hello guys I came across this thread and I’m hoping you ladies can give me advice!

came off Rigevedion in December as I wanted a break. First 3 months of post pill were fine I had light periods in 28 day cycles. I’ve been using condoms with my partner when we’ve had sex.

Then in late April I spoke to my Dr and they have put me on Gederel (my intention was always to go back on another pill) told to start on the first day of my period which should’ve been early May. I had a period but it was more just brown discharge (TMI sorry) and it was gone in a day. Because I thought it was my period starting I started my new pill. Since then I’ve been so bloated and uncomfortable like the day before a period but no more bleeding. I haven’t taken a pregnancy test as I’m not sure if it’s just the effects of starting my new pill? Also with my period being so light I was told that I was probably not even ovulating so wouldn’t have been fertile. I also had a smear come back all fine at the end of April so I know I’m fine there.

my head is a mess any help or reassurance greatly received!!

So after the amazing amounts of energy I was experiencing since coming off the pill, I then ovulated for the first time and the energy has since been sapped out of my life.

Have spent the last 2days napping so this is a fun second half of my cycle for me 😬

Skin is probs the best it has been in a long time though so that’s a bonus. Think the hair grease may be levelling out too.

• Heart
This month has been a bit more interesting. No period as of yet, but a lot of PMT in the form of tears, moodiness. Tender boobs and a bit of bloating. Day 28 of cycle and still no sign of bleeding. However, I think this is much closers to my natural cycle pre pill. I didn’t used to track exactly but I know I would get one period a month every four weeks or so. It’s just the last three cycles were so short that I’m starting to get worried (ridiculous I know!) and the Flo app keep telling me ’late period’ and asking me whether or not I’m pregnant!(I’m definitely not), which is making me feel like there’s something wrong. I was so smug as well about how my body had gone back to normal!

Just wanted to share some tips I got on the makeup game changers thread re: my newfound oily skin.

use a mattifying primer - I’m currently using smash box photo finish
face powder - I got the Rimmel insta fix & matte

I feel like these two alone have made a big difference to my skin during the day, I can last pretty much to finishing work without looking mega greasy - slight sheen but not enough to make me feel self conscious. I also bought some ciate blotting papers (only ones available on Asos) which I used just after lunch today and the amount of oil they absorbed was insane! I’ve not used blotting papers since high school but I must say, I’m really impressed.

Just wanted to share some tips I got on the makeup game changers thread re: my newfound oily skin.

use a mattifying primer - I’m currently using smash box photo finish
face powder - I got the Rimmel insta fix & matte

I feel like these two alone have made a big difference to my skin during the day, I can last pretty much to finishing work without looking mega greasy - slight sheen but not enough to make me feel self conscious. I also bought some ciate blotting papers (only ones available on Asos) which I used just after lunch today and the amount of oil they absorbed was insane! I’ve not used blotting papers since high school but I must say, I’m really impressed.
Thank you so much for this, I’m going to look into these products. I really expected the grease to die down after a while but I’ve been off the pill since March and no such luck 🤦‍♀️

Ok so since I’ve been off the pill I’ve gained more weight than I have over the many years I was on it. I’ve somehow put on over half a stone in the past 2 weeks alone. I was always quite steady with my weight, it was fluctuate by a couple pounds but I’m heavier now than I have been in a very long time. My eating habits haven’t changed that much, maybe I’ve been having a few extra snacks here and there but nothing to warrant a 7lbs weight gain. I’m so down about it, I feel like it’s spiralling out of control. I thought people lost weight when they cam off the pill 😐

Ok so since I’ve been off the pill I’ve gained more weight than I have over the many years I was on it. I’ve somehow put on over half a stone in the past 2 weeks alone. I was always quite steady with my weight, it was fluctuate by a couple pounds but I’m heavier now than I have been in a very long time. My eating habits haven’t changed that much, maybe I’ve been having a few extra snacks here and there but nothing to warrant a 7lbs weight gain. I’m so down about it, I feel like it’s spiralling out of control. I thought people lost weight when they cam off the pill 😐
I’m sorry you’re feeling down about this! It’s awful when there is no logical explanation! I haven’t heard of people loosing weight when they came off the pill but do you think it could just be your hormones trying to regulate. Like a week before you come on your period your weight can go up but when you’ve finished it goes back to normal? Have you had a period or a withdrawal bleed yet?

Its almost certainly water retention. You wouldn’t put half a stone of fat on in only two weeks. Do your clothes still fit you? If so I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’m sorry you’re feeling down about this! It’s awful when there is no logical explanation! I haven’t heard of people loosing weight when they came off the pill but do you think it could just be your hormones trying to regulate. Like a week before you come on your period your weight can go up but when you’ve finished it goes back to normal? Have you had a period or a withdrawal bleed yet?
It’s so frustrating 😞 I look horrible in everything and I’m so self conscious now. I’ve had one period since I’ve been off it, not due another for a couple of weeks.

Its almost certainly water retention. You wouldn’t put half a stone of fat on in only two weeks. Do your clothes still fit you? If so I wouldn’t worry too much.
Nope! Nothing fits my belly at all, I bought a pair of jeans a size up about a month ago and even those are tight. 😞

It sounds like your body is still adjusting and your hormones are still regulating. I also didn’t lose weight when I stopped taking it, but did notice my weight would fluctuate a lot more day to day. Where as on the pill it was pretty much stable most of the time.

The change in hormones has definitely affected my dreams, i had maybe had one dream I remembered in the past year but lately I am having the weirdest most vivid dreams every single night. Bizarre.

I was on the pill for years, moved to Depo Provera in 2019 but had to stop at the start of covid and was given no alternative other than "deal with it" sort of thing. I had nothing for 4-5 months then i started taking Agnus Castus after reading about it, and it kick started it and i'm now on a proper cycle to the day. Couldn't recommend Agnus Castus enough!

I came off the pill in December. Partly to start ttc in 2021 and partly because I felt like I was a psycho. Turns out the pill was making me psychotic despite doctors telling me otherwise and I've never felt better. The only downside I've found is I've gained over a stone since stopping in December. My diet hasn't changed or exercise, etc. All the same. It's been frustrating and I still get upset when jeans don't fit, but maybe it's my body adjusting and changing to natural hormones I've suppressed for 7 or so years!!

I can definitely tell when I'm ovulating. This will sound strange, but I can feel my ovaries 'ache' and can pin-point exactly where they are. I've had this since I was about 14 up until I started taking the pill. Drs don't know why, but had scans, etc. in case there were any cysts and these came back normal. I get horrendous pains in my boobs too.

These sensations have come back since stopping the pill and they started back in Feb, so took a couple of cycles to start again. One thing I have noticed is the length of my cycle has differed every month by a couple of days, but aside from that all good so far I think?