Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Day 43 and still no sign - as much as I am enjoying my period free life right now I also don’t want it to sneak up on me! Just want to be in a regular pattern so I know when it’s coming. (Also did a pregnant test and it was negative so that’s a weight off my mind!)

Reactions: 2
I think I’ve ovulated on both sides this cycle. I’m tracking using the flo app and predicted ovulation was today. Had the classic right sided ovulation pain which I always had pre pill about two days ago, then today the same pain on the left side! So two eggs this month. Apparently if I were to fall pregnant this cycle then there’s a good chance I’d end up with fraternal twins😂 The last three cycles have been right side only, so I’m assuming this is my left side ‘waking up’. Not sure how this will affect my period when it arrives though.

Main things I have noticed the last 2 weeks (today I am 3 weeks off the pill, on CD 19 officially) is a big decrease in appetite (good as I could eat non stop before 😂) and my hair getting greasy really quickly 😩 now the day after I wash it, it already looks gross, so that is very fun for me ha. Would say my skin is probs a bit oilier too.

Reactions: 1
The greasy hair is definitely a thing I’ve noticed. I used to be able to get away with washing it once a week, but am now noticing it’s greasy after only two days.

Reactions: 3
So far I haven’t actually noticed any benefits from being off the pill 😞 and I’m going to give it another couple of months before I go back on.

Headaches and brain fog have continued, still anxious irritable and mood swings, appetite has increased, absolutely zero libido to the point I don’t even want to cuddle with my boyfriend let alone have sex, I even think I’m more hairy now. Maybe this is just me 😂 I thought it was all down to the pill!

• Sad
So far I haven’t actually noticed any benefits from being off the pill 😞 and I’m going to give it another couple of months before I go back on.

Headaches and brain fog have continued, still anxious irritable and mood swings, appetite has increased, absolutely zero libido to the point I don’t even want to cuddle with my boyfriend let alone have sex, I even think I’m more hairy now. Maybe this is just me 😂 I thought it was all down to the pill!
If you haven’t had a period yet pixi, it could be your natural hormones are taking a while to kick in so you might not be noticing any changes just yet. Like you say I would give it another couple of months.

If not, have you tried other pills with different hormones or hormone levels in? I tried a few and some were awful for me.

I came off the pill about a year ago and was on it for extremely heavy periods - I have noticed no real problems and luckily don't suffer with heavy periods so think it was my age. I will say that since coming off the pill my skin has got quite bad and have noticed quite a few more spots than usual.

Edited: I was on the pill for coming for 5 / 6 years.

If you haven’t had a period yet pixi, it could be your natural hormones are taking a while to kick in so you might not be noticing any changes just yet. Like you say I would give it another couple of months.

If not, have you tried other pills with different hormones or hormone levels in? I tried a few and some were awful for me.
Yeah I will give it a while, I just had this image of coming off and being a whole new woman 😂 Possibly slightly optimistic!
I’ve tried a couple, with low estrogen, haven’t tried the mini pill though. I’m only allowed on the mini pill now if I decide to go back on if I want to get it from the GP.

The greasy hair is definitely a thing I’ve noticed. I used to be able to get away with washing it once a week, but am now noticing it’s greasy after only two days.
My hair gets really greasy really quickly now - never thought that it could be down to coming off the pill although it has been over a year since i came off it so maybe its not related for me.

Coming off the pill was an EXPERIENCE. Went on it at 16 for my skin - worked beautifully btw - came off it at 20. No period for 6 months and cystic acne like you wouldn't believe, skin constantly like an oil slick, hair was so greasy that I would have to wash it on the day I was going out - washing it the night before to wake up with 4 day hair was bizarre. I felt so disgusting and dirty all the time.

That was 5 years ago - skin oiliness cleared up but acne remained, waited 5 years for it to sort itself out as I got older and my hormones levelled (never happened) but now on accutane which has finally got rid of it. Managed to train my hair to be able to wash it every other day (which isn't great but better than before) but I think it's ruined for life, loads fell out and it is now so thin and limp.

I loved being on it, no side effects whatsoever and grateful for it giving me clear skin in my prime teen years (when appearance was everything) but it honestly fucked me up. Coming off it changed everything about my body including my periods along with other things that are TMI. Hate how as women we're just expected to put hormones in our bodies for 25 years straight with absolutely no knowledge/warning re the reality of being on it and the fallout from coming off.

FYI - Got a migraine after being on it for 4 years which is why I came off, now not allowed to take it again along with any other estrogen contraception.

Please give your body time to adjust to coming off the pill. Sometimes I feel like the pill can mask a lot of problems going on inside our bodies as women and we put it down to our own hormones when actually it’s the hormones we are putting into our bodies daily.

I understand there are some women that need to be on it, but for those that don’t, please embrace it and get to know the natural workings of your own body. It’s a lot easier then to feel when something is really not right because you know your own body... no one knows your body better than yourself

ETA: don’t want the above to sound preachy, I was on microgyon for 10 plus years

Reactions: 5
I feel like I’ve become greasy all over 😂. I put foundation on for the first time in about 12 months yesterday and my skin looked like an oil slick ☹. Spotty chest and back, couple on face but not too bad.. hoping it’s due to my period *hopefully* being on the horizon

Well well well period has finally come after 50 days of stopping the pill. At least now I feel like I can get some sort of pattern back in my cycle. Also omg the grease is out of control guys, well and truly kicked in this week 😂 I quite like how shiny my face looks I don’t have to bother with highlighter, and the spots give me a youthful look (have to think on the positive side right?!). My hair can go about 12 hours before it looks like I stuck my head in a chip pan....nice.

Reactions: 6
I’m now CD 25 of my first cycle off the pill and seriously my hair looks like absolute tit, dry shampoo doesn’t seem to help. I thought my hair getting greasy was just a teenage thing but nope turns out going on the pill was what stopped it.

I actually think the greasier skin is for sure making me look younger though, I was getting fine lines under my eyes and they seem way less pronounced. Am getting a few more spots though where as on the pill I would get 1 or 2 spots on my chin only a few days before AF and that was it.

52 days since my withdrawal bleed, still no period but I am with you all on the greasy! My skin has gone to tit, not too bad on my face but my chest is covered in spots 😑. My scalp is flaky and spotty but my hair is greasy AF after one day. I was washing it once a week in lockdown! I’ve just bought the Philip Kingsley flaky/itchy scalp set from Boots so I’ll let you know how I get on with that. Hoping someone who’s been off the pill for a while will share some stories about how they transformed into a stunning being with flawless skin and amazing hair after going through this rough patch. @lottiedrynan is good to follow on insta for all things coming off the pill and talks about her (positive) experience with it.

52 days since my withdrawal bleed, still no period but I am with you all on the greasy! My skin has gone to tit, not too bad on my face but my chest is covered in spots 😑. My scalp is flaky and spotty but my hair is greasy AF after one day. I was washing it once a week in lockdown! I’ve just bought the Philip Kingsley flaky/itchy scalp set from Boots so I’ll let you know how I get on with that. Hoping someone who’s been off the pill for a while will share some stories about how they transformed into a stunning being with flawless skin and amazing hair after going through this rough patch. @lottiedrynan is good to follow on insta for all things coming off the pill and talks about her (positive) experience with it.
ive Been off the pill for 8 months now and my flaky scalp and grease has finally calmed down (I did use nizoral for my scalp for a while though so could be that)the face spots have calmed but sadly I’ve had a referral to the derm for my bacne.. it definitely changes throughout the month with hormonal surges so some weeks better some it’s horrific. But I’m 35 and shouldn’t have to cover up and not wear vests in the summer so time was right to bring it up with the gp. I did suffer with my back while on the pill too though unfortunately. Keep with it and hopefully the spots and greasy hair will subside :)

Sorry if this is TMI but I’m thinking it is probably related as I haven’t had it for over 10 years, I’ve just today developed thrush 😩 nearly 4 weeks off the pill, looking up reasons why I can only assume it’s because of the changes in hormones as otherwise my lifestyle hasn’t changed. Hopefully not something I continue to have issues with.

I came off the pill in December 2019 and fingers crossed my side effects have finally started to calm down. I was on the pill for about 7 years, from microgynon to whatever cheaper versions the doctor would give me back to microgynon.

I had awful acne, really painful under skin bumps that would take ages to come to a head then badly scar all up my jawline (even behind my ears) cheeks, chin and forehead. My skin and hair were so so greasy. I had clear skin as a teenager then throughout my time on the pill so this really knocked my confidence

My period cycle is becoming more regular. I waited around 8 weeks after my withdrawal bleed, this has slowly reduced now I'm around 35 days and due on any time now, I bloat SO much but this time I've only had 3 spots so I'm really praying the worst is over!!

Hang in there, it's been a long 18 months for me but I don't regret it. I originally came off as I started getting migraines during the pill break week but I'm so much happier, I was extremely moody beforehand and thought it was normal to have a meltdown and cry multiple times a week

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can honestly say I wish I’d stopped taking it ages before I did. The difference in my mental health is unbelievable and even though I still get anxious and down the closer I get to my periods, when I was on the pill I felt like that ALL. THE. TIME!

• Heart
Reactions: 3