Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m about 6 weeks post pill now and the last week or so my skin has started to break out a little around my chin. I’m assuming this is hormonal and the only good thing is that my hormones are at work 😂

I’m about 6 weeks post pill now and the last week or so my skin has started to break out a little around my chin. I’m assuming this is hormonal and the only good thing is that my hormones are at work 😂
Yes me too. Only in the last few days but it’s noticeable. I’ve probably cursed myself by saying my skin has been ok since stopping 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was thinking of coming off my pill (Cilest). Been on it for 12 years 😬 I’m not in a relationship and not currently looking. Feel like my body needs a break after being on it for so long, but worried about the side effects.
oh wow i've been on cilest/logest for 13 years now, crazy! i've only been off it once for a couple months and my skin was the worst in my life so i'm scared to go through that again :(

I’ve come on my period today! Definitely a proper period this time! Heavier and proper period pains. I think the last bleed was actually a withdrawl going from how I feel today. Even though I’m in pain it feels good to know everything still works properly. Obviously I know there’s no guarantee I’ll get another one in a months time, because it can take a while to get back into a proper rhythm. I’m shocked at how quickly my cycle has returned as I’ve read stories of it taking months. I wish I’d quit the pill years ago.

Reactions: 2
Guys, have any of you experienced really short periods after coming off the pill? I was really heavy day one, medium flow day two then none existent day three. Was the same last cycle (although I had a four day period last cycle which I know is normal). Before the pill I had 7 day periods.

Guys, have any of you experienced really short periods after coming off the pill? I was really heavy day one, medium flow day two then none existent day three. Was the same last cycle (although I had a four day period last cycle which I know is normal). Before the pill I had 7 day periods.
Yes I have. Usually 2-4 days which isn’t long, but maybe that’s just how it would have been if I wasn’t on the pill all that time. I was on it for about 10 years and can’t remember my periods before then.
Yours will probably go back to your ‘normal’ after 3-6 months, they say it takes a while

Reactions: 3
my first post pill was incredibly light. Not even a day of bleeding in all honesty. I think it can be quite normal for them to be light and not much of a concern ☺

Thank you Dak & Grumpycat 😁 I knew they'd take a while to go back to whatever my 'normal' will be now. I was on the pill for so long, I think I just worry about everything cycle related in case there's something wrong 🙈

• Heart
Great thread idea! I stopped taking the pill around 4 weeks ago after taking microgynon, cilest and yasmin over the last 12 years. Mentally I feel much better in myself, I was really worried about stopping taking it as I have really painful periods but I think the impact that it’s had on my well-being outweighed the cons for me. Had my withdrawal bleed within about 10 days of stopping but no first period yet. Using Flo app to track which says I’m currently 4 days late.. hoping things will start to regulate soon 🤞🏻. No real changes to my hair/skin, I’ve currently got one spot on my cheek but nothing out of the ordinary.

I came off combined pill last month, currently on day 19 of a “non pill” cycle. Haven’t had any bleeding yet. I came off it once before and my periods came back straight away, but were irregular (they were ranging from 25 to 35 days, not sure if that is classed as irregular). It was one of the main reasons I went back on the pill as I was sick of being taken by surprise!

It took around about a month for me to get what I now think was a withdrawl bleed. I logged it on the flo app, and I then had a 26 day cycle before getting my proper period. My periods were always regular, as in they came every month, but i never used to track the exact days so I don’t know if 26 days is normal for me. I’m assuming it is.

Stopped taking my pill (microgynon) 2 days ago as want to start TTC, however I am slightly annoyed as when I have missed 2 pills before you could guarantee the day after the second missed pill, I would get my withdrawal bleed without fail. Now I want to have my withdrawal bleed to kick start getting my body back to normal it hasn’t arrived 🙄 typical.

Using Flo to track my cycles too, did you guys log your withdrawal bleed as a period or leave it blank until your first proper period?

Yes, I logged my first withdrawal bleed as a period. It was also ages after I’d taken my last pill. Four weeks to the day. One of the many reason I came off it was because some months I wouldn’t have a bleed at all, just a bit of spotting mid month. That months I didn’t have one.

Glad to see this thread! Recently came off the pill and currently using a mix of Natural Cycles and 'fertility awareness' and trying to avoid pregnancy! So far so good and I have found so many books and support groups on fb that are great!

Stopped taking my pill (microgynon) 2 days ago as want to start TTC, however I am slightly annoyed as when I have missed 2 pills before you could guarantee the day after the second missed pill, I would get my withdrawal bleed without fail. Now I want to have my withdrawal bleed to kick start getting my body back to normal it hasn’t arrived 🙄 typical.

Using Flo to track my cycles too, did you guys log your withdrawal bleed as a period or leave it blank until your first proper period?
Yeah I logged my withdrawal bleed as a period ☺

Glad to see this thread! Recently came off the pill and currently using a mix of Natural Cycles and 'fertility awareness' and trying to avoid pregnancy! So far so good and I have found so many books and support groups on fb that are great!
How are you finding natural cycles? I thought about doing it but was put off when I read that you have to take your temp at the exact same time every day and lots of stuff can throw your temp off my a tiny amount which makes the app think you’re ovulating when you’re not. I’d probably use protection either way tbh, but just thought it would be interesting to track what’s going on!

I came off the pill in January after using hormonal contraception for 8 years (progesterone only pill for 4.5 years, implant for nearly 3 and back to pill for 3 months). I was bleeding every 2 weeks in the last 10 months of the implant and on the pill, so decided to have a break from it and use condoms for the time being.
had a withdrawal bleed a week later and since then my periods have been more regular than they were pre pill! 27-28 day cycle, mild PMS symptoms which are the same each time. Pre pill it was anywhere from 27-40 days. Periods are also lighter than they were before the pill (although I know it can take up to six months for periods to go back to normal so this could change).
I am so glad I stopped taking the pill, we probably won’t be be trying for a baby for a year or so, maybe longer but I have no intention of starting hormonal contraception again in the meantime.

So glad I found this thread! Came off the pill in December after years of contraceptives including the pill, mini pill and the patch. Long story short, my body just doesn’t deal well with any of that and although I am in a relationship, we are getting married this year and both agreed to take other precautions but if we fell pregnant, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
I’ve had two ‘periods’ since, both lighter and shorter than I remember them being before contraceptives (I’ve taken them since I was 18 and I’m now 23) but this cycle I’m late. First thought was pregnancy but two tests down, days apart, and both were negative. I didn’t even consider that it could be withdrawal from the pill messing it up as I thought I’d had two normal cycles. It’s put my mind at ease!
Post pill life is amazing compared. Even though struggling with it was what prompted our decision that I should come off them, I guess I really didn’t realise just how much I suffered whilst taking it, especially both forms of pill!

I came off the combined pill late 2016 to ttc.
Fast forward two pregnancies and breastfeeding and my periods have returned ( not willing to use hormonal contraception anymore) . I don't think they are regular yet. However, when I'm due on I get a low mood and irritability, and also headaches. These were something I always blamed the pill for.

I came off the pill in December, had a withdrawal period as normal about 4 days after but I’ve had absolutely nothing since! Has anyone else had this happen? I’m not sure if it’s too early to be contacting the doctors to see the nurse - NHS website seems to think it should take around 3 months and obviously it’s now been 4!