Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Second half of my cycle is really not good for me, I think it’s a reaction the progesterone after ovulation as obvs I wasn’t getting that when I was on my pill, but my have awful stomach cramps (not the same as period cramps) and other delightful digestion issues again this month after ovulation.

Hope it settles but it’s so uncomfortable 😩 I don’t remember having this problem before I went on the pill.

I’m 5 weeks post coming off the pill and I’ve had what I think is ovulation pain for the last week. So no withdrawal bleed or signs of period. Dr Google isn’t helping my paranoia 😔

I wish there was a way to stop periods for good without having to take the pill. This is why I take it.... not for contraception. But it kills my sex drive to 0. I'm under 35 so don't qualify for various procedures and don't ever want children, which hasn't and will never change lol. I stopped the pill on Friday so awaiting the withdrawal bleed and then will see. Went 5 months last time with 0 period and it was beautiful 🤣

Not 100% related but has anyone had norethisterone to delay period? I took it for a week during a holiday and then had my period straight after I stopped taking it, but then I’ve had nothing since and that was 7 weeks ago?! I think it has messed up my periods and they were like clockwork before 😤

My periods have gone weird again. I’ve had a couple of 25 day cycles, a 26 day one, a 28 day one am now on day 30 and no period. Pretty sure I ovulated later than usual though. Not especially worried as I feel fine otherwise, but I admit I miss the certainty of knowing my period would be on the pill.

Happy to find this thread ❤
I came off Triregol in June as we'd just got married and now TTC. Been on one pill or another for about 15 years but that particular one for about 3 years. Guess I was naive in expecting a regular cycle. Had a withdrawal bleed straight away and what I would describe as a proper period the following month. Worked out the likely dates of periods for the next few months as we're having a wedding reception and honeymoon next month and I'd rather not be dealing with AF for them! Anyway, she arrived a week early this month so now all the dates are out of whack 🙄 so I'm wondering whether to start my pill again for a couple of months just for period control and then stop again in October.

I’m still waiting for a period 60 days post coming off the pill 😞
When I came off mine earlier in the year I think I was at 5 months with no period before going back on the pill (had various planned events and I knew it would crop up on them haha). Back off it again now so will see what happens

Has anyone found that their period has been really short since coming off the pill? I stopped in jan this year and had regular ish periods but the last 2 months my period had only lasted 3 days and had really bad pms beforehand. Very teary/hormonal etc. I don’t know if this is normal or if I should be worried?

Has anyone found that their period has been really short since coming off the pill? I stopped in jan this year and had regular ish periods but the last 2 months my period had only lasted 3 days and had really bad pms beforehand. Very teary/hormonal etc. I don’t know if this is normal or if I should be worried?
I didn’t have the pill but I had the implant for 7 years, had it out last august and my periods are shorter and lighter now!

I came off the pill in December, I had 1 very short period in April (like 2 days) and I still haven’t had another one, I’m on day 126…please tell me this is not unusual? I am so worried something is wrong!

I've tried to come off the pill again....and I'm having constant brown spotting about 2/3 weeks after stopping and it's driving me so mad I want to go back on the pill to make it end!!

Has anyone else has this? How long does it last I was on the pill purely to stop periods as I hate them so this is really bothering me

Since I came off the pill I was having really regular cycles of around 28 days. Then this month I’ve randomly just come on my period a week and a half early. Love it :rolleyes: not really sure what happened there. Hopefully they will go back to regular next month as I hate not knowing when they will happen (which is why I ended up back on the pill last time)

Reactions: 1
I came off the pill in December, I had 1 very short period in April (like 2 days) and I still haven’t had another one, I’m on day 126…please tell me this is not unusual? I am so worried something is wrong!
Hey, I haven’t had this personally but I think it can be quite common. It’s called post pill amenorrhea. I would go see your GP as the NHS advise to allow 3 months to allow your cycle to regulate, you’re past that so they should offer you an investigation. I believe there’s actually a medication they can give to bring on a period if needed.

Since I came off the pill I was having really regular cycles of around 28 days. Then this month I’ve randomly just come on my period a week and a half early. Love it :rolleyes: not really sure what happened there. Hopefully they will go back to regular next month as I hate not knowing when they will happen (which is why I ended up back on the pill last time)
This happened to me. I had one cycle that was only 22 days long. Really scared me but has never happened since thank god!!

Reactions: 1
I’m 81 days without a period since stopping the pill - I’m worried too. Think it may be worth ringing your GP if you’re concerned although I have read about post pill amenorrhea x

I've been thinking about coming off the combined pill after starting at 17yo (I'm now 30) but I'm scared! I've been constantly toying with the idea and then convincing myself it's not worth it. I want to see if I feel better mental health wise and see if it makes a difference to my eczema problem but I'm also worried about what I'll be like as it's been so long I don't actually know my 'normal'.
Also, im terrified of getting pregnant but don't want to try the coil or anything else instead. I'm used to having 1 or 2 periods a year so that in itself makes me want to stay on the pill as its an easy life 😂. I'm also a bit worried about getting spots/smaller boobs which is shallow but does come in to it.

I stopped taking the mini pill 30th August, had a bit of bloody discharge and the most horrendous stomach cramps but nothing else. I have been in the combined pill for 7 years then Mirena for 24 years the Cerazette, I have a son that I conceived whilst on the pill and got Mirena after he was born.
I was just sick of the headaches and mood swings that I seem to get on Cerazette , I have always thought I had PCOS but there was nothing in the scan. I am now 47 so not sure what to expect.