Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came off the pill in December, had a withdrawal period as normal about 4 days after but I’ve had absolutely nothing since! Has anyone else had this happen? I’m not sure if it’s too early to be contacting the doctors to see the nurse - NHS website seems to think it should take around 3 months and obviously it’s now been 4!
It deffo wouldn’t hurt to give them a call, at least then it’s noted on your notes etc ☺

Reactions: 1
I came off the pill in December, had a withdrawal period as normal about 4 days after but I’ve had absolutely nothing since! Has anyone else had this happen? I’m not sure if it’s too early to be contacting the doctors to see the nurse - NHS website seems to think it should take around 3 months and obviously it’s now been 4!
I came off the pill December 2019, had a withdrawal bleed and then didn’t get a period until July 2020. I contacted my GP after 3 months and they said as I’d had recent bloods done and they were fine, that they would wait another couple of months as that would be the first check they would do anyway. Covid hit and I never got round to booking another appointment but then obviously it did eventually come back. So I’d say definitely give them a call and see what they say 😊

Reactions: 3
Maybe just give them a call. I had my withdrawal after about 4-6 days and then I’ve had nothing since. I only stopped taking the pill in March though. It’s good to hear that not everyone’s periods immediately come back as I was worrying! Hope you get sorted x

Reactions: 2
A great thread, thank you!

Also came off Lucette 3 weeks ago. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 years, before that hormone coil. I had a withdrawal bleed after 2 days and that only lasted 3 days. I came off due to TTC so I’m patiently waiting for my period to come. It’s interesting to read other people’s opinions as to when everything will return back to normal, my doctor and nurse said almost straight away, my sister says three months and others on here say up to 6 months. It’s just awful the level of miscommunication given to women about something they are told to take every day. Makes me wonder what I’ve been doing to my body 🙁

Reactions: 5
How strange - I posted yesterday and my period came this morning. Clearly just needed to put it out there into the universe for it to come 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone’s hair become super oily since coming off the pill? Or does anyone have any past experience of this happening when coming of birth control. It’s driving me mad 🤦🏼‍♀️

Has anyone’s hair become super oily since coming off the pill? Or does anyone have any past experience of this happening when coming of birth control. It’s driving me mad 🤦🏼‍♀️
Roots yes! In lockdown I was washing my hair once a week, now I’ve got oily roots after 2 days. Also noticed my skin has a “sheen” in the afternoon 🤣

Roots yes! In lockdown I was washing my hair once a week, now I’ve got oily roots after 2 days. Also noticed my skin has a “sheen” in the afternoon 🤣
Ah yes ‘the sheen’ ahaha the make up just sliding off your nose 😅 I’m still working from home so that doesn’t bother me too much but like you said the roots of my hair are awful... there isn’t enough dry shampoo at the minute. I’m glad it’s not just me, you’ve made me feel better!

So Im on my period again. This cycle was 20 days, so really short. But not short enough to cause concern apparently. It’s way too heavy to be spotting. I’m hopping it’s just my body trying to get back into a flow, because I don’t think I can cope with having such a short gap between periods from now on lol. Skin still fine, but oilier but my hair is so, so oily after only a few days.

This is a relief. I came off the pill after 16 years in December. I'd still had no period as of a couple of weeks ago. I am back on it because my skin just went crazy as did my libido (not had one.... ever and single so not needed! Haha)

I’ve started to notice I am feeling way less tired and a lot less moody 🤔 I wasn’t expecting any changes like that really as I didn’t think my pill was affecting me. My husband also says he feels like I have seemed a lot happier.

It’s actually a bit upsetting to me to think I might have been adversely affected but not been aware. Some things are now falling into place for me too around when I started having certain problems (like being tired a lot, my doctor ran blood tests but couldn’t find anything) when actually looking back that was not long after my implant was removed and I started taking the pill...

Sorry if somebody has already said this but when I came off the pill my periods were irregular and I assumed it was because I’d been on it for 7/8 years so it was just taking a while to regulate! Turns out I’ve got PCOS so if you are concerned or you’re ttc then deffo go to the doctors xxxx

I’ve started to notice I am feeling way less tired and a lot less moody 🤔 I wasn’t expecting any changes like that really as I didn’t think my pill was affecting me. My husband also says he feels like I have seemed a lot happier.

It’s actually a bit upsetting to me to think I might have been adversely affected but not been aware. Some things are now falling into place for me too around when I started having certain problems (like being tired a lot, my doctor ran blood tests but couldn’t find anything) when actually looking back that was not long after my implant was removed and I started taking the pill...
For the past 2 years I have been suffering with heart palpitations, some were so bad they’d take my breath away. I had all the tests in the world done, even had a heart monitor for 2 weeks, cut out caffeine completely, reduced my sugar intake, I was put on beta blockers and nothing helped. Eventually I was told it was because of my anxiety, even though I was adamant it wasn’t. I’ve had therapy and CBT I am very aware of when anxiety is affecting me. I’ve been off my pill for 3-4 weeks now and I haven’t had a single palpitation... I just can’t believe something that I was taking everyday was causing something like that and not one person decided to mention that, that could be the cause. I didn’t even realise they stopped my other half randomly asked me a few days ago and I couldnt believe it. So I totally get what you mean about something adversely affecting you when you’re not even aware. It doesn’t seem right, does it...

Guys, have any of you experienced really short periods after coming off the pill? I was really heavy day one, medium flow day two then none existent day three. Was the same last cycle (although I had a four day period last cycle which I know is normal). Before the pill I had 7 day periods.
Yep! Mine were incredibly light for nearly a year 🙈 I would literally have 1 day of spotting then that would be it! I was surprised at how long it took to go back to what I knew as normal

I had heart palpitations as well and was on and off Prozac for as long as I was on the pill. I had crippling bouts of anxiety, despite having nothing to feel anxious about. In fact by the time I came off it I felt anxious pretty much constantly. It was horrendous and I only realise now how all consuming it was! I can’t believe I put up with it for as long as I did.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve suddenly started noticing good looking men when out and about! I never used to take much notice of people in the street, but now every time I go out I can’t help but notice! Presumably this is the return of my libido?😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I came off the pill a year ago, for a few months afterwards I was crazy horny and furious all at the same time. I now suffer from chin acne, and also my vulva has been weird in that I get phases of the skin on my vulva and bikini line getting irritable to the touch. My anxiety hasn't improved overall but my episodes of OCD spikes have vastly reduced.

I’m day 40 of my post pill cycle tomorrow, getting a bit concerned now. I know I’m only a week or so late but I’ve convinced myself I’m pregnant 🤦‍♀️ We had unprotected sex twice in the few days after I had stopped taking it (just after I came off my withdrawal bleed). So stupid looking back. Gonna psych myself up to do a test if it hasn’t come by the weekend. Pray for me😂

I’m heavily considering coming off I have been in the pill since I was 14/15 and I’m 32 and never had a break and on my break I hardly bleed. I’m not TTC though and the worry of getting caught pregnant scares me and do not want to use condoms (I’m in a relationship) but still don’t want an unplanned pregnancy, what do you all use? I’m not sure I trust an app 😂

Also I’m on my 7 day break at the minute, do I just stop and don’t s start again after 7 days? I’m due my blood pressure check but I suppose I can just cancel that and not take my pill whenever my break ends?

I’m heavily considering coming off I have been in the pill since I was 14/15 and I’m 32 and never had a break and on my break I hardly bleed. I’m not TTC though and the worry of getting caught pregnant scares me and do not want to use condoms (I’m in a relationship) but still don’t want an unplanned pregnancy, what do you all use? I’m not sure I trust an app 😂

Also I’m on my 7 day break at the minute, do I just stop and don’t s start again after 7 days? I’m due my blood pressure check but I suppose I can just cancel that and not take my pill whenever my break ends?
Yes, you can stop at any point on the pill but they say it’s best to do it at the end of the pack.
If you don’t want to use condoms, you could use an app and track your cycles. Most women get signs around ovulation (discharge becomes wetter and like egg whites) so you would avoid sex in your fertile window. The problem is that sperm can live in the woman for many days before ovulation so it might not be safe. Worth reading up on!

Thanks! When I speak to my partner about coming off it I think I scare him and he thinks it’s a trap 😂 he says about condoms as it’s not like we have it all the time 🙈 but I always say to him that is the pill as I was changed to rigvedion and it’s been the worst one for that.