Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Challenging"

I see this a lot when companies see profits/turnover dip, and the chairperson goes on record to say something like "It's been a challenging year"

In other words you've had a tit year, you've made some bad decisions, your shareholders are on your back, and you're about to get the boot.

Just say it like it is - you're fooling nobody! :LOL:
management at my company always say this, always followed by "but nevertheless we are doing well" (or something similar)

Reactions: 1
All the stupid Covid phrases.

The new normal
Anything to do with "the curve"
Moonshot

Etc, etc. Really had enough of them now. They are either gobbledygook or fearmongering BS.

Reactions: 4
Brexit - such and annoying work. Why not just say leaving the EU.

or manager type words such as “can we take this offline” and “touch base”.

Reactions: 1

The new normal
Moonshot

Etc, etc. Really had enough of them now. They are either gobbledygook or fearmongering BS.
Bubble 😣 that's another one I hate

Reactions: 3
"Right Honorable" "Honourable Member", "Chief Whip" and all the other arcane crap that comes out of the Palace of Westminster.

They're all a bunch of two-faced tit-munchers who wouldn't know loyalty and honour if it slapped them in the face 10 times a day

The new normal
Moonshot

Yes these! Phrases like "socially distanced walk" really make me cringe too 😬

When people say something is “giving them life” wtf, you have life, your bleeping heart is beating isn’t it?
And “ I can’t even” you can’t even what? The English language is going to pot 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
"You're a lifesaver" or "You saved my life, dude!"

And what massive act of galintary is that for, you ask?

Usually because someone has uploaded a vid to YouTube with regards how to fix something. For example, a leaking pipe, a zipper is snagged, a window that won't open, or some other relatively trivial first world problem!

Hate anything with gin or prosecco themes such as Christmas tops with GINgle all the way on or fuelled by prosecco or any of those tit glitter signs that declare its wine o clock

Hate signs around the house, live laugh love and the word cook in the kitchen and bath in the bathroom

And hate new normal, covidiots, bubble,

And the sentence, "I don't mean to be rude but" yes, you clearly do!!!

Reactions: 9
Hate anything with gin or prosecco themes such as Christmas tops with GINgle all the way on or fuelled by prosecco or any of those tit glitter signs that declare its wine o clock

Hate signs around the house, live laugh love and the word cook in the kitchen and bath in the bathroom

And hate new normal, covidiots, bubble,

And the sentence, "I don't mean to be rude but" yes, you clearly do!!!
I'm not being funny, but...

Reactions: 2
To be fair
Fair play to you
In all fairness
The boy done good
To die for
Vibing off this/that
Wowsers
Embracing female empowerment
Ping me
Microaggressions
Draw a line in the sand
Gig economy
Crowd sourcing
Touch base
Wiggle room

Reactions: 5
‘I just have a quick question...’ no you don’t, there’s no such thing.
Also, I know nothing about this person, but every time I see the word ‘Fopperholic’ in the thread titles it makes me want to rip my eyes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.