Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Dear valued customer".

You can add tags when you are sending out mass emails so that the first name field is automatically personalised. If companies don't take two seconds to add a simple tag to make the email vaguely personalised, I can't be a very valued customer.

Reactions: 2
'a gentle reminder'

and

'covid secure'
I use " a gentle reminder", what it really means when I use it is " head, ffs don't forget to do this, I told you many times and as you are an incompetent prick, I have to waste my time reminding you again "

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Your back turned to the camera and a peace sign. I know it’s not a saying but it massively pisses me off

‘No brainier’ - it’s being used in common sentences now and it upsets me

Reactions: 1
We've got this
You've got this
We can do this / it
You can do this / it
You go, girl
Be kind

• Haha
This new thing of starting sentences or messages with 'so'.
'so, I was at the shops blah blah blah'

Just sounds cringe

Reactions: 4
I really reckon there should be some kind of browser extension that blocks me from ever seeing g the word "furbaby" or furmum or similar. It is actually rank. 🤢🤮

• Haha
I really reckon there should be some kind of browser extension that blocks me from ever seeing g the word "furbaby" or furmum or similar. It is actually rank. 🤢🤮
I think if such an extension existed I would end up blocking so many words that most of the internet would be blocked :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This needs done
This needs sorted

The English language is going to hell in a handcart. It upsets me. Speak properly or do us all a favour and keep your trap shut.

Reactions: 10
not an expression as such, but people naming inanimate objects (namely plants/cars). I just do not get this at all

Reactions: 3
'My bad' is toe curling. I get second hand embarrassment when people use it 🤮

Reactions: 4
Hun. Do you mean Atilla the..??
Chrimbo (although I have written it before)
Doggo
Kiddlywinks
Educate yourself
You go girl
You’ve got this 🤷‍♀️
Slay queen
New normal

Reactions: 3
I don’t know why but It makes me cringe when parents call their son “my little man”. 🤮

Reactions: 8
This needs done
This needs sorted

The English language is going to hell in a handcart. It upsets me. Speak properly or do us all a favour and keep your trap shut.
‘Need gone’ when people are selling something onlin. I don’t think it even makes sense.

Calling some one ‘whipped’ or ‘under the thumb’ really annoys me. Often aimed at men that simply respect or prioritise their partner.
“Better not have another pint lads. The Mrs is just serving up a roast she’s spent 2 hours cooking” .... “Ohhh he’s whipped” - no he’s just not an hole!

Or a bloke that won’t go to a strip club because his partner has asked him not to. “Ohh he’s well under the thumb that one”... or maybe he thinks it’s a little unreasonable but understand his partner has insecurities and not triggering them is far more important that seeing some random tits and arse?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.