Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate poorly too! I’d just say unwell/ sick /ill, Nobody really says it in my (British) city but kept hearing it on TV possibly Coronation St 🤮

Do we share an ex? He used to say by the same token a lot, I’d never even heard it before plus he had a regional accent and the way he said token grated on me 😂 he also used to say ‘hang fire’ which annoyed me and ‘definately’
Ahaha almost but I used to get “hold up” instead of hang fire 😂 maybe they are twins 😂

Reactions: 1
"Worse things happen at sea." Like what? What are you even talking about? If I'm in the depths of despair I'm not going to say "hey, at least I'm not about to be shipwrecked / abducted by pirates / fall overboard" and cheer up again
On a similar vein. My wife's uncle's pet parrot, which talked got caught and eaten by a cat. All the while screeching daddy help.

Two weeks later their pet dog died. A week after, the uncle died of a heart attack.

Ofcourse my wife, her sister and I went to offer a few words of comfort. My sister in law begins, don't worry it could have been worse.

If looks could kill, she would be dead now.:ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
On a similar vein. My wife's uncle's pet parrot, which talked got caught and eaten by a cat. All the while screeching daddy help.

Two weeks later their pet dog died. A week after, the uncle died of a heart attack.

Ofcourse my wife, her sister and I went to offer a few words of comfort. My sister in law begins, don't worry it could have been worse.

If looks could kill, she would be dead now.:ROFLMAO:
omg that is SO insensitive!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Apologies to our American friends, but ... "anywayS" and "off of it" ... the first is self-explanatory; the second, the 'of' is redundant and sounds so naff!

Reactions: 3
“Trigger” like as in trigger warning or are you triggered by this...
bleeping HATE IT 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Lush and insane are 2 words i really cant stand.
These so called influencers/ bloggers say those words all the time and it drives me mad.

Reactions: 5
“Iconic” and “it is what it is” 🙄🙄 also in love island when they refer to the opposite sex in the villa as “the BOY I would like to choose” THEY ARE ADULT MEN FFS

Reactions: 4
"Not gonna lie" is the one that gets to me. It's like society has collectively developed a massive nervous tic because it seems like every is saying this all the time. I find it bizarre.

Hump day. Yuck. No it’s just Wednesday.
Good vibes or any type of vibes really.
When people say things like “drinks with this one”. Knocks me sick.

"Not being funny but"
"Snowflakes" (as in "you are such a snowflake")
"Live laugh love"
"#makingmemories"
"The fam"
"The famalam"

"Challenging"

I see this a lot when companies see profits/turnover dip, and the chairperson goes on record to say something like "It's been a challenging year"

In other words you've had a tit year, you've made some bad decisions, your shareholders are on your back, and you're about to get the boot.

Just say it like it is - you're fooling nobody! :LOL:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.