Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just watching a youtube video which reminded me of the phrase "pimp up" something, it is alluding to basically a man exploiting a woman surely? I don't get why this ever became a phrase

Reactions: 1
When people end sentences with “no?”

“I thought she had two kids, no?”

“They live in London, no?”

I don’t know why, just doesn’t sound right 😂

Ohhh and “he’s good people”

Singular he, plural person? Why would you say that! 😂

Reactions: 2
When people end sentences with “no?”

“I thought she had two kids, no?”

“They live in London, no?”

I don’t know why, just doesn’t sound right 😂

Ohhh and “he’s good people”

Singular he, plural person? Why would you say that! 😂
I am of Indian origin, and I thought it was only Indians and Pakistanis who did that.

I have never heard a caucasian do that.

I am of Indian origin, and I thought it was only Indians and Pakistanis who did that.

lots of people who speak english as a second language do it as it is common in lots of other languages

Reactions: 4
just watching a youtube video which reminded me of the phrase "pimp up" something, it is alluding to basically a man exploiting a woman surely? I don't get why this ever became a phrase
Not really sure but the term might originate from "Pimp my Ride" An American TV show which is all about upgrading cars, it was an MTV production and hosted by a Rapper.

Not really sure but the term might originate from "Pimp my Ride" An American TV show which is all about upgrading cars, it was an MTV production and hosted by a Rapper.
yeh i remember that show, they always ended up making the cars worth 100x more thanthe person's house 😂

I’ve only heard white people say it 😂 who’s English is their first language too

• Haha

Yes was going to say the same- my Indian and Filipino friends say it a lot (or people like me who have more foreign than British friends in my circle and try and find this neutral common ground accent/speech)

Yes was going to say the same- my Indian and Filipino friends say it a lot (or people like me who have more foreign than British friends in my circle and try and find this neutral common ground accent/speech)
That's right, it's also extremely common in Spanish. It's called a 'tag question'. We do it in English at the end of sentences too, but instead of yes?/no? we tend to use things like 'isn't it?' 'aren't you', don't you?' etc.

Reactions: 5
When people end their question in no, I am never sure what to say. I am not sure whether I should answer yes or no.

I think the Spanish use the word Si, the Spanish speakers among us will know for sure.

When people end their question in no, I am never sure what to say. I am not sure whether I should answer yes or no.

I think the Spanish use the word Si, the Spanish speakers among us will know for sure.
No, in Spanish tag questions we use '¿no?', '¿verdad?' or '¿no es verdad?'
You would answer in the affirmative, 'sí'.

Last edited:
Is a bit of me

or this bangs or this vibes

it is what it is
Hubby
Worldly
shes flames

Reactions: 4
I know right
Girly/Girl
Obsessed
Literally
Living my best life (or as one youtuber says "Living your best life on a budget" 🤬)
Nom nom/om nom nom
Happy days
Lush
Bae
Bby
Babe
Sista
Ily
No offence

I don’t mind furbaby. I have a few friends who sadly will never have kids and to them their pets mean the world to them. There's no harm in that.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.