Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"So...."
"Can I get.."

Whenever I hear or read those I feel like grabbing the nearest axe and doing bloody murder!
worse than that is "can I do the salad..." etc etc , do ?! what is wrong with have??

Reactions: 6
"The Cloud"

As an IT person, I find this term incredibly irritating because in essence you're just dumping your data on someone else's storage array - basically a server! Which bares about as much resemblance to a fluffy white cloud as an boiled egg sitting atop Mount Everest!

Reactions: 5
The ".....OF DREAMS!"

So many influencers keep describing random objects in this way (sofa, coats, even bleeping pasta) IT'S SO ANNOYING 🤣

Reactions: 8
The ".....OF DREAMS!"

So many influencers keep describing random objects in this way (sofa, coats, even bleeping pasta) IT'S SO ANNOYING 🤣
usually something either they have made or been "gifted"

Reactions: 6
It’s probably been mentioned already but ‘forever home’. When I first heard it I thought it was a brand of cleaning products or something. ‘Preloved’ for second hand too. If it were that loved, they wouldn’t be selling it.

Reactions: 9
Today I saw "Wish I'd of done it" 😖
I can cope with spelling mistakes but if anyone tries to make a statement and uses should of/would of/could of, it immediately negates anything interesting they may have said. Yes it's petty but I don't care. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"The Cloud"

As an IT person, I find this term incredibly irritating because in essence you're just dumping your data on someone else's storage array - basically a server! Which bares about as much resemblance to a fluffy white cloud as an boiled egg sitting atop Mount Everest!
That really made me laugh, that term is just Teeth Grinding, IMO most people who uses "The Cloud" has their in "The Cloud", not the best place to keep your XXX rated material as many celebrities have found out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I hate it when Influencers say they’ve been “reaching for” a certain foundation recently. Oh really why don’t you put it lower down then so it’s easier for you to pick up?

also I love that someone else said playpark! that is NOT a thing! It’s a playground or a park for sure 😅

“starting a family” sounds really weird and transactional to me, like oh I’m just pressing this button and a little family pop out on a conveyer belt

“not gonna lie” is annoying and reminds me of Zoella. I’m sure there are loads more

Reactions: 9
I know its not exactly a popular saying but knorr veggie stocks 'cheat on meat' advert makes me twitch 😤

Reactions: 2
Hun (when used with sincerity)
I have a colleague who calls me hun/honey etc. I know I'm being too sensitive, but I find it so patronising. The fact that she barely knows me and I'm her senior and still calls me things like that makes it extra annoying. I know some people just have their little linguistic quirks but I get so angry inside and have to smile through gritted teeth whenever she says it. I don't mind some things like that, like 'love' or something that could be down to someone's dialect, but hun and the like always sounds so insincere to me.

Edit. I hate it when influencers say "bla bla brand reached out to me"... Firstly, you probably went begging, and secondly "reached out" 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
One my partner keeps coming out with, which he's picked up off his friend (it also equally annoyed me when the friend said it!) is to say "and he does" or "and he did" when someone makes a blatantly obvious statement about someone.

For example - His friend could say - "Coor, Reece went off at his girlfriend earlier didn't he?". Instead of just answering like a normal person would (ie: "yeah he did to be honest") my partner and his friend would say "and he did".

Infuriates me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
One my partner keeps coming out with, which he's picked up off his friend (it also equally annoyed me when the friend said it!) is to say "and he does" or "and he did" when someone makes a blatantly obvious statement about someone.

For example - His friend could say - "Coor, Reece went off at his girlfriend earlier didn't he?". Instead of just answering like a normal person would (ie: "yeah he did to be honest") my partner and his friend would say "and he did".

Infuriates me.
Next time he does this you should say "are you sure he did?" and see what he says.

• Haha
“Putting the feelers out” duck off. I can’t tell you how much that phrase gets on my tits and I’ve no idea why. I hate it.

When colleagues say they are going on their holibobs 🙄 Piss off and just say holidays. And the word Lush I hate that word but only when it’s said by older influencers like PTWM. It makes me want to say grow the duck up.

Politicians in the House of Commons, calling each other "Right Honourable"

Given that most politicians are nothing more than career-politicians, duplicitous, monomaniacal, egotistic chancers, calling them "honourable" is not only patronising but deeply irritating.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.