Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the wrong use of apostrophes generally is insane, wtf do people learn in school?? some people seem to just use them for anything with an s?! for example "on Sunday's I like to..." my grandparents who left school at about 14 had a better grasp of grammar than this
Agree. It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Yet all the "your" instead of "you're" mistakes I see daily suggest otherwise.

Reactions: 4
“It’s the [insert something pointless] for me” - e.g. It’s the high pitched voice for me.

duck off, people just say it to spice up slagging people off

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m fed up correcting people. Even her father says it - “she is Down’s syndrome” 😡😡
No she isn’t! She has it. There’s a lot more to her than her extra chromosome!
My friend once referred to a group of people who volunteered in a craft shop as ‘special needs people’... and couldn’t understand why I was trying to correct her. I said, you wouldn’t use the term ‘cancer person’ would you?!

Reactions: 5
My friend once referred to a group of people who volunteered in a craft shop as ‘special needs people’... and couldn’t understand why I was trying to correct her. I said, you wouldn’t use the term ‘cancer person’ would you?!
Exactly! I don't know if this is just ignorance of grammar (as I have said before, people do not seem to understand what an adjective/noun etc is anymore) or it is the most important thing they view about this person? Ridiculous either way, and highly insulting if the latter

Reactions: 1
Devestated......no, you’re a bit upset
Stunning!......as in ‘stunning’ any selfie standing, usually in front of a door, legs crossed as if you’re bursting and hand on hip.....they’re usually reasonably attractive at best.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Taking the husby on a baby moon in our matchy matchy fam outfits. Who the :poop:cares, if you look like a family of dorks with no dress sense .?
My step sister in law and her husband used to wear matching outfits right down to matching sunglasses.

She was always having a go at my wife her stepsister how good looking her husband was and how unattractive I was (my face is scarred) and yes he is a good looking bloke.

They were always kissing hugging in public which made the rest of us laugh.

Other ladies also thought he was good looking as he turned out to be a serial adulterer. Not just one but at least five we know about.

They are now divorced.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My step sister in law and her husband used to wear matching outfits right down to matching sunglasses.

She was always having a go at my wife her stepsister how good looking her husband was and how unattractive I was (my face is scarred) and yes he is a good looking bloke.

They were always kissing hugging in public which made the rest of us laugh.

Other ladies also thought he was good looking as he turned out to be a serial adulterer. Not just one but at least five we know about.

They are now divorced.
I always wonder what established couples who snog in public, or post OTT lovey dovey social media statuses, are trying to prove. Almost always something up.

Reactions: 11
I always wonder what established couples who snog in public, or post OTT lovey dovey social media statuses, are trying to prove. Almost always something up.
it's likewhen people wish their partner happy valentines/anniversary on facebook etc. surely you can call them or tell them in person??

If I can do it, anyone can.
It's a vibe, you're a vibe.
Little squish.
Iso made me do it.
Iso got me good.
Hells yeah.
Kate to the party.
All of these, :mad:

Oops , we've run into problems, every single time I'm on this site.

Reactions: 3
The misspelling ‘Devine’ - constantly see this on posts about Zoflora and other such reasonable smelling stuff which really isn’t divine.

“excited for”... shouldn’t it be excited about?

Calling women mama or ‘mummy of‘; Particularly as a qualifier with no other information like it’s their only role and achievement. ‘This is Sue, Mummy of 3’. ‘You wouldn’t say ‘Sue, daughter of 2’.
Why does it have to be a cutesy term and not Mother either?
I’m struggling with Maternity clothing with slogans like ‘Mamasaurus’ or ‘Mamaliciois’ - is the bump or kid not a clue you need a label too?!

It’s been a minute - what does it even mean, I’ve only heard it since tiktok came about

Well done that man - makes me feel sick, why not just say well done and be done with it

I think Americans use "a minute" to mean "a while" in this context.

The word Fall... Well more importantly British people using the word Fall, it's autumn... you're not American 🙄

Noticed a British (interiors/lifestyle) Instagrammer I follow call autumn, Fall, and it really boils my piss! She's from Yorkshire and because she watches some Legally Blonde, got married to her greasy looking husband in NYC and won't shut up about RBG (funny how these people all of a sudden rave about people when they die, where's the raving before they die? 🤔), she's automatically American!

I would unfollow, but I'm waiting for the car crash to happen!

This is coming from an American!

• Haha
Faffing. I love having a good old faff. I’m spending the weekend faffing in here.

Nope. You’re moving your stuff around totally pointlessly for the sake of Instagram you absolute weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Instablaggers and (some) Americans and their OMG I'm obsessed... I'm literally obsessed...
No love, you really aren't. Broaden your vocabulary. 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.