Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this thread:

Some of the ones that make me 🙄 are:

Living (my/their/his/her) best life
Love you all the world
Hun
Hello lovely lady (or variations thereof)
Kiddies
Preggers
Date night
Yummy mummy

Reactions: 6
It’s been a minute - what does it even mean, I’ve only heard it since tiktok came about

Well done that man - makes me feel sick, why not just say well done and be done with it

Reactions: 1
I really hate the expression "school run". Drives me bonkers .and do t get me started on all the "perfect for the school run " outfits.
Even worse ,and just seems to be an American thing at the moment ...busy mum on the run 😵😵

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Your health is your wealth - So people with chronic illness are poor? That's rude!

Reactions: 2
"Way to go."

Not sure why. Just hate it. I live in North America and it is used here A LOT.

Reactions: 1
Dont know if its been mentioned before but 'bear with' really irritates me! I was in a training session before lockdown and the trainer kept on saying it. I wanted to scream everytime she said it! Bear with me is okay but bear with, aaargh!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone noticed some normal words becoming used a lot more lately? Three I’ve noticed are people saying ‘ambience’ instead of atmosphere and surroundings a lot more now, especially food bloggers. Also ‘aesthetic’ used in the wrong context where it should be aesthetically pleasing- these instagrammers are saying ‘this cafe is so aesthetic’. Finally is ‘craving’- now I usually only saw craving in the context of pregnancy and PMS but now even men crave and it’s not even a craving for anything wacky, could simply be ‘I’m craving water’🤮
I've seen aesthetic being used in the wrong context on Instagram a few times now. Makes me chuckle, how they try to sound educated 🤣

Bare tit is one I hoped both my sons would grow out of saying but no, it's still going strong years later. I seem to have bought up a pair of chavs 🤣

• Haha
People calling babies/children little man/woman

People saying 'should of' instead of 'should have'

Unnecessary shortening or words like deets instead of details or fit instead of outfit
People on social media who get “his” and “he’s“ mixed up. Oh this irritates me immensely. 😩 As most of us know, HE’S is short for “he is” so when they type their bastardised versions, it makes them look even more stupid. 😉

Example: “Dr Smith is a fantastic Doctor, HIS so good with patients. HE’S qualifications are second to none.” 😱🙄

Crimes against the English language. 😱 Please go back to school if you cannot differentiate between the two! 🤣😱

People on social media who get “his” and “he’s“ mixed up. Oh this irritates me immensely. 😩 As most of us know, HE’S is short for “he is” so when they type their bastardised versions, it makes them look even more stupid. 😉

Example: “Dr Smith is a fantastic Doctor, HIS so good with patients. HE’S qualifications are second to none.” 😱🙄

Crimes against the English language. 😱 Please go back to school if you cannot differentiate between the two! 🤣😱
the wrong use of apostrophes generally is insane, wtf do people learn in school?? some people seem to just use them for anything with an s?! for example "on Sunday's I like to..." my grandparents who left school at about 14 had a better grasp of grammar than this

• Haha
Reactions: 7
the wrong use of apostrophes generally is insane, wtf do people learn in school?? some people seem to just use them for anything with an s?! for example "on Sunday's I like to..." my grandparents who left school at about 14 had a better grasp of grammar than this
I was always taught apostrophes used in this way was a lazy, but acceptable, form of writing. The odd one here and there is acceptable, if the rest of the sentence is clearly constructed. However, many people who write in the example I have shown, would not be able to tell the difference. 😉

Love this thread:

Some of the ones that make me 🙄 are:

Living (my/their/his/her) best life
Love you all the world
Hun
Hello lovely lady (or variations thereof)
Kiddies
Preggers
Date night
Yummy mummy
Famalam
Love you lots like jellytots - oh please, how infantile some adults are! 🤣🙄

Reactions: 5
“It’s my birthday month.”

No, you get one day like the rest of us you spoiled brat, piss off!
The only socially acceptable time to use "birthday month" is when you're checking which picture you get for yours on a calendar 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was always taught apostrophes used in this way was a lazy, but acceptable, form of writing. The odd one here and there is acceptable, if the rest of the sentence is clearly constructed. However, many people who write in the example I have shown, would not be able to tell the difference. 😉

Famalam
Love you lots like jellytots - oh please, how infantile some adults are! 🤣🙄
Hmm I don't like jellytots so I don't have a clue what they are taking about;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.