Popular expressions/words that need to be banned #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Preloved
what’s wrong with second hand?
Apparently it’s offensive to people who are « differently limbed » aka missing one of those body parts!
At schools, it’s no longer black or white board, it’s chalkboard or marker board or some such nonsense.
Brainstorming is also out, children have to draw idea clouds. This is all according to friends who work in education, and it drives me batty!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Apparently it’s offensive to people who are « differently limbed » aka missing one of those body parts!
At schools, it’s no longer black or white board, it’s chalkboard or marker board or some such nonsense.
Brainstorming is also out, children have to draw idea clouds. This is all according to friends who work in education, and it drives me batty!
Omg 😂😂😂😂
Although I am aware the song baa baa black sheep is now banned 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 5
what the actual fuckington 😂😂 we’ve reached a level of PC/Wokeness that’s comical.

Reactions: 9
what's the issue with brainstorming? Who is that offensive to? Am I being thick?

When you're still pregnant and people see you and say "awww are you still here?"
Not sure if this is just a Scottish thing but it makes no bleeping sense anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
"New and improved." If something's new, it didn't exist before now. If it's improved, it obviously did exist before.

Referring to children as the father's only, i.e. "it's his child", "is the baby his?" Or any talk of women "giving" men children. My fiancé and I have decided not to have biological children and while that was a mutual decision, I feel like part of my reasoning was the attitudes around it

what's the issue with brainstorming? Who is that offensive to? Am I being thick?
This one puzzled me too, but it’s to do with neurological conditions like epilepsy and not wanting to stigmatise people with them, or something! About as clear as mud!

Reactions: 3
Probably offensive to those who don't have any brains (or at least don't know how to use them) :ROFLMAO:

---

'Lip' - as in, "She wore a red lip" ...................... no, she wore red on her LIPS! Drives me batty :mad:

I beyond hate : ' a bunch of', and 'a ton of' whatever. Very popular with our American friends. But I can't stand these expressions. Grrrrrr!

‘Love language’

I just heard someone (annoying) on a video say ‘hot chocolate is my love language’. Wut???

When you're still pregnant and people see you and say "awww are you still here?"
Not sure if this is just a Scottish thing but it makes no bleeping sense anyway!
The stuff people say regarding pregnancy and feeding is so weird. A woman saw me breastfeeding my one-year-old the other day and said "oh, is she still on you?" On me! Very strange. I mean, technically yes, a couple of times a day when she's feeding. But still.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The stuff people say regarding pregnancy and feeding is so weird. A woman saw me breastfeeding my one-year-old the other day and said "oh, is she still on you?" On me! Very strange. I mean, technically yes, a couple of times a day when she's feeding. But still.
Still on you😂 like yeah not still on me since birth but at this moment in time she appears to be "on" 😂

the word 'SASSY'. I foo king hate it. 🤬
Bliss.

Reactions: 1
This one puzzled me too, but it’s to do with neurological conditions like epilepsy and not wanting to stigmatise people with them, or something! About as clear as mud!
yeah thats what I remember hearing, difficult for autistic people ot understand or something? don't understand how an "idea cloud" or whatever makes any more sense though!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.