Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
"Pop of colour" - Lynsey Queen of Clean, I'm looking at you

Describing something that normally comes in a pair as a single object, eg: a red lip, a black trouser, a blue jean - we all know Sali Hughes is to blame for that. Or should I say 'Sali Hughe'?

The work 'like' eg: "So like, I was like, y'know with her, and then she was like, okay, so like, I just don't know, like" - my nephew, almost 26 so old enough to 'like' know better.

"Woke" - unless it's to describe what time you finished sleeping at, then it shouldn't be used as anything else.

"My little man" "My little princess" - does anyone just have a child/baby/toddler anymore? One of my neighbours has a sign hanging in her car to warn us that there's an "Ickle Pwincess on board". I only wish I was joking. Nearly threw up an 'ickle' bit when I saw it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

JoJo76

VIP Member
I want to slap any teenager / young person that describes something they like as 'peng' or 'sick'.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I'm not sure if this is just a northern thing, but when people start a sentence with..."What it is, right..."

I used to get it all the time when I had to answer calls in one of my first jobs.
Me: Hello, how may I help you?
Them: Yeah what it is riiiiight....

• Haha
Reactions: 28

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
"I wanna say"

My nephew says this ALL the time, eg: I ask him what time he's starting work tomorrow, and he replies with "I wanna say nine o' clock?" Then SAY nine o clock! :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 26

BasilRathbon

"slide into your DMs".

Apparently this is what young people say to describe when they want to send someone a message on social media but for my generation "DMs" are Doc Marten's boots so the phrase implies the person sending the message wants to try on the recipient's footwear!

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
When people say 'fuck' for sex. It makes me cringe. 'Let's fuck' let's not! 'I fucked her' eeeww!! I'd rather the word shag to be honest

• Haha

Meh

Chatty Member
Funny you mention that because "Making Love" gives one poster the Ick!! :oops:
Making love is a hideous term.

One that I take the heave at and is often said in films: making a baby. I think my fanny would sew itself shut if a man ever said those words to me 😳

This phrase seems to, sadly, be making a comeback: “amazeballs” urgh.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I hate when women are described as 'showcasing' a body part. Eg; Taylor showcased her long legs- no, she was wearing fucking shorts. I'm no rabid feminist but it grinds my gears how females can't wear anything without being shown as dressing to impress other people. We're just wearing clothes, like the law says.

I might say 'rant over' at this point, but that pisses me off too:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
At this moment in time. Why not just say a”now”
if I’m being honest with you. Indicates that you usually sprout lies
c**t
t**t
two phrases I hear all the time and the two words that no woman should say
Curious to why no woman should sway cunt or twat? What difference does it make if a man says it?

Reactions: 23