Popular expressions/words that need to be banned #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Boo boo", often used to mean a cut or graze on American kids YouTube videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Adding "right?" to the end of sentences.

"We all love our Saturday morning lie-ins, right?"

So unnecessary and it becomes a verbal tick. Incredibly irritating.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"Salad dodger" - you can be very fat and eat salads, or thin and rarely eat them (many people who are overweight like salads but put things like highly calorific dressings on them)

Referring to diabetes as "beetus" or anything high in sugar as a "beetus bomb." Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

Any review of perfumes, body products, etc. on US-based sites will invariably contain someone saying "it smells like a Jolly Rancher candy!" if the scent is even vaguely fruity, especially if it's watermelon. Not everything in the world smells like Jolly Rancher! (My American fiancé says people automatically think of that because Jolly Ranchers have a strong smell, but still, I think it's silly)

Reactions: 3
'Problematic' - if you have an actual reason why you think I shouldn't support someone then tell me that reason and I will decide for myself if I want to support them or not, don't just say they're 'problematic' and assume that will be enough.

Reactions: 9
When you're still pregnant and people see you and say "awww are you still here?"
Not sure if this is just a Scottish thing but it makes no bleeping sense anyway!
some oldies also say “when’s she better?” - they’re not ill 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Noticed this more recently. When people refer to inanimate objects as “she.” Usually influencers revealing some big gifted thing. Or a renovated part of their house. Or some craft they’ve made. “Here she is! Isn’t she a beaut?”

Reactions: 7
Heard this one today for the first time but when ppl refer to there so as boo thang 🤢🤢

• Haha
Dude - it only sounds good in an American accent, yes I'm talking to you Owen from Wales, Luke from Newcastle and Dave from Bristol.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"I mean ..." before every bloody sentence! Drives me mad.
"Preggy" or "preggo" for pregnant :sick:
Being called "mate" - no; I have a name - use it!
"Cheers" at the end of an email - so unprofessional

Reactions: 4
"I mean ..." before every bloody sentence! Drives me mad.
"Preggy" or "preggo" for pregnant :sick:
Being called "mate" - no; I have a name - use it!
"Cheers" at the end of an email - so unprofessional
I used to have a workmate that called everyone mate. So annoying. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.