Popular expressions/words that need to be banned #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“For me “
Example : “ it’s the sparkles for me ! “
Like just say you like the sparkles .

Reactions: 7
At my work someone used the word ‘temperature check’ when they are asking for feedback and comment. “Can I get the temperature check of the latest sales performance of xxx”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Apologies if this has already been mentioned upthread, but I have to say it again with the current lack of HGV drivers - FFS, it's pronounced 'aitch', not 'haitch' - one of my biggest bugbears 😖 However, I could be in the minority as it seems to be more acceptable these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
"Hook it to my veins" 🤣🤣 would ya feck off, ya deserve a right Hook to the jaw 👊🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Apologies if this has already been mentioned upthread, but I have to say it again with the current lack of HGV drivers - FFS, it's pronounced 'aitch', not 'haitch' - one of my biggest bugbears 😖 However, I could be in the minority as it seems to be more acceptable these days.
You are not alone. It drives me mad!
Maybe it's just not taught like that anymore. I get odd looks sometimes when I say it the proper way.

Reactions: 3
My SIL hates me because I told my bro she says it incorrectly and he told her 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Maybe it's just not taught like that anymore. I get odd looks sometimes when I say it the proper way.
Good to know I am not alone. I'm not even sure if it is an age thing as too many people of my age - 50's, still say haitch.

I keep shouting at the radio and TV when I hear this. Even worse, some of the presenters are the ones mispronouncing the letter.

I always thought it was more regional, area-based. I really don’t like it either ( which I pronounce eye-ther, not eeee-ther), but have learned to tolerate it, like I do for eeether and neeeether!

Reactions: 3
“My Bad!”

Such a ‘cop out’ makes me want to throw a punch straight in the chops.🤡🤡’s

Reactions: 9
'On Point'. Grrrrrr!

Here's another, commonly used in those many properties shows: '...a great space'. Its a great ROOM, ok? 🤬🤬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.