Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Do better!"

Usually screamed out by some entitled stuck up brat on Twitter but it's everywhere and it's disgusting. I can only imagine what my grandparents would have thought if I'd swanned around ordering strangers to "do better"...!
Yes I agree it's like 'educate yourself" always said by someone who thinks they're right and you couldn't possibly know anything 😄

Reactions: 9
Yes I agree it's like 'educate yourself" always said by someone who thinks they're right and you couldn't possibly know anything 😄
It's also generally used by those who can't provide any support for their claims and if you ask them for any help with finding resources to "educate yourself" they will 100% respond with iTs NoT mY JoB tO eDuCaTe YoU

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People calling Weatherspoons just spoons. Especially when it is middle-class journo types in the press. Makes me want to be a little bit sick.

Reactions: 7
This is specific and possibly graphic, but I HATE do/did a poo/wee!! It comes up a surprising amount of times. I read a thread about work toilets and there were so many comments like this ‘I hate doing a big wee when someone can hear’ ‘I can’t do a poo at work’ ‘if I need to do a wee at work I wait until no one is around’ argh it just sounds so juvenile and weird to me. I suppose I am too delicate, I prefer euphemisms or if you HAVE to say it, use ‘have/go for a wee’. Worst ever was on a mumsnet when someone wrote ‘I have only ever done a cack when my husband is at home once’ (n)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is specific and possibly graphic, but I HATE do/did a poo/wee!! It comes up a surprising amount of times. I read a thread about work toilets and there were so many comments like this ‘I hate doing a big wee when someone can hear’ ‘I can’t do a poo at work’ ‘if I need to do a wee at work I wait until no one is around’ argh it just sounds so juvenile and weird to me. I suppose I am too delicate, I prefer euphemisms or if you HAVE to say it, use ‘have/go for a wee’. Worst ever was on a mumsnet when someone wrote ‘I have only ever done a cack when my husband is at home once’ (n)
My grandpa used to call it "a jobby" 😂

• Haha
"Tell me XYZ without actually telling me XYZ". Really irritates me. Apologies if this had been posted already.

Reactions: 19
“Women supporting women”

Patronising as duck. It implies women are all witches and it’s so rare for one of us to have the back of or support another female - so rare that it needs to be called out and applauded.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
“Women supporting women”

Patronising as duck. It implies women are all witches and it’s so rare for one of us to have the back of or support another female - so rare that it needs to be called out and applauded.
Exactly, men are never called out for "nit supporting men" either

• Heart
To me the whole idea of a "sisterhood" is complete bullshit anyway. Some of the absolute worst sexism I see comes from women.

Reactions: 11
This might be an American thing but I hate the word bogers. (Snot / the crap that comes out of your nose)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.