Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“As it were”

My friend says this near on the end of every single sentence and it drives me mad!

Reactions: 1
When people say “he/she has mental health.” Mental health what?!
---

Blues and twos makes me cringe too
Exactly, you'd never say "I've got health" I don't get why people somehow think it makes sense

Reactions: 8
"Horses for courses"

What does that even mean?
"Lizards for Wizards"
I can mash words together too!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
More of an annoying work one, but

"throw them in at the deep end"

Just say you can't be arsed to provide training.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Unhinged"

Everything is unhinged according to Gen-Z on X.

"What's the most unhinged crush you've had?" 🥴

"What's the most unhinged thing you've ever said to your boss" :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
More of an annoying work one, but

"throw them in at the deep end"

Just say you can't be arsed to provide training.
Same as we need someone to "hit the ground running" I hate that phrase as no matter how experienced I am in certain roles I'm just not that person who comes in full of confidence like I've worked there for years , I'm quite shy so need a bit of time to find my feet

Reactions: 8
Super 🥴

Super excited, super this, super that, super the other.
Stop it or I will be super annoyed.

• Haha
"Do better!"

Usually screamed out by some entitled stuck up brat on Twitter but it's everywhere and it's disgusting. I can only imagine what my grandparents would have thought if I'd swanned around ordering strangers to "do better"...!

Reactions: 16
"Unhinged"

Everything is unhinged according to Gen-Z on X.

"What's the most unhinged crush you've had?" 🥴

"What's the most unhinged thing you've ever said to your boss" :rolleyes:
the people who describe themselves as “unhinged” always have the most boring, bland copy and pasted internet personalities

Reactions: 12
"History/historical" should be reserved for things that are important or noteworthy. E.g. a public figure changing their mind on something isn't "revising history."

Reactions: 3
people adding “is all” to the end of their sentences. I have a cousin who does this and she says things like “i was just wondering is all” “i was just saying is all” *all* the time.

shut the duck up is all!

…all

• Haha
"Do better!"

Usually screamed out by some entitled stuck up brat on Twitter but it's everywhere and it's disgusting. I can only imagine what my grandparents would have thought if I'd swanned around ordering strangers to "do better"...!
Usually accompanied by “Educate yourself!”

I’ve got three degrees, you gobby little oik. Pipe down.