Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'This is my truth'

I wouldn't mind so much but its usually followed by made up bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 19
“Plastered all over FB/the internet/social media”
Usually associated with a witch fight amongst Fiat500’s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
"I mean..." as a sentence starter when it's not actually being used to say "I mean what x/y/z means". Drives me up the wall. Such a pointless buffer that's not even grammatically correct! Kill it with fire. :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
'This is my truth'

I wouldn't mind so much but its usually followed by made up bullshit
It’s a totally crap expression - the truth is the truth. There’s only one version of it. If you’re saying “my truth” then you’re basically admitting you’re telling a story from your point of view and it might not be what actually happened!

I hate the expression “If you know, you know” 🤦🏼‍♀️ Just screams clique, wanna be in the popular group and have secrets from the plebs vibes!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I may come out as harsh and triggering to a few people but watching a YouTube or TikTok documentries have become annoying. Just because one can't write the word regarding to anything that involves life events or crime. The alternatives are really annoying and it doesn't make it any less harsh.
1) he unalived his friend.
2) caught watching corn.
3) Replacing letter 'E' with 3 or #,@, etc.
4) He did R-word.
5) seggs. Even a quick wit 12 year old will understand this.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
"Look out, we're coming for you!!"

Calm down Shelley, you and Neil are going to Tenerife, it's hardly a wild debauched bender in Vegas

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The therapy-speak that seems to be everywhere now. I was listening to an American podcast and they were constantly banging on about:

emotional labour
trauma bonding
'triggered'
toxic everything
'doing the work'
gaslighting (used incorrectly)

The podcast was about a tv show, for goodness sake.

Reactions: 18
"Brain fog." It's too vague and used to describe a ton of different symptoms. It's often used to describe problems that come with menopause and/or COVID - in which case what you are actually experiencing is a form of brain damage - calling it "brain fog" makes it sound harmless and normal which it certainly isn't

I've always hated the phrase "(Person) took to Twitter to say (opinion)". Will Twitter's rebrand to X finally see that relegated to the bin?

Reactions: 7
I’m so extra!
It’s giving…
(When looking at something online -
I’m going for a nose/to have a nose)

Reactions: 9