Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'When one door closes, another opens'. šŸ™„

In my experience, when one door closes, so does another.

Reactions: 8
ā€˜Narrativeā€™.

Overused to death now, shh.
There's a guy on YouTube. Some kind of new age type and he speaks in a meandering mind style, but peppered with the words"narrative" & "dichotomy".
---
Ugh at "manifesting".

Reactions: 12
Oh god yes dichotomy. Theyā€™ve all blatantly got that stupid app thatā€™s flying around on Instagram that teaches you a new VERY INTELLIGENT word every day. Fucken sad acts.

Reactions: 9
When people say 'literally' all the time:

'I literally said that to him the other day!' (why not just say it without 'literally,' which is meaningless here?...) šŸ˜©
'Like, literally everyone in the room screamed laughing!' (really, every single one?... ) šŸ˜©
'I literally died!' (nope, you didn't...) šŸ˜©

Aarghh... šŸ˜©šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"As you were"

This was rarely used outside the armed forces before Liam Gallagher started with it a few years ago.

Now grotesquely over used and just sounds bent IMO.

Reactions: 7
Shenanigans.
People think it means best buddy or chum. They tag someone and say 'mY SheNanigAns'.

• Haha
Saw a comment on an article today talking about a ā€˜chocky barā€™

I hate the ā€˜chocolateā€™ ones - choc, choc-choc.

I might have mentioned it on here before but I hate a lot of the food ones - tinned toms, jacket pot, jackey p :sick:
I donā€™t know why but I canā€™t stand them!

Jackey ps is easily the worst I've seen! I think someone has posted it here (or elsewhere in this site) but "pots" instead of potatoes. I.e "new pots"

Reactions: 5
As well as "pots" and "toms", I'd like to add one I've just seen- "yog" instead of yoghurt. I also hate seeing EVOO for Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I know it takes longer to type out, but it just winds me up!

• Heart
  • Sick
I absolutely HATE the use of 'ate' or 'ate it up' to mean someone did something really well or looked really good.