Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh yes staycationing, especially as people use it to say they are going on holiday somewhere else in the UK as opposed to going abroad. It makes the trip sound less appealing.

If you’re going away somewhere for a break within the UK it’s still a holiday. Just because your going to Cornwall rather than Barbados doesn’t mean your holiday is any less a holiday.

Staycation to me means you are staying at home and not going anywhere
It means staying at home and doing day trips.

Reactions: 5
The phrase sweet fanny adams - which means nothing or gone off meat. she was a real girl in the 1860s whose body was chopped up by a man after she was abducted. Look up her story -it’s really sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I think I've said this before but the staycation reminds me of "Road trip" if people use it in the right context which to me is travelling on the road for days and stopping at motels/hotels then it doesn't bother me but when people use it to describe a bloody 2 hour drive for a day out in the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Unalive" instead of die/kill - has become incredibly overused and trendy, partly because people fear getting their social media accounts "shadowbanned" if they use the actual words

• Wow
Reactions: 8
You see it a lot on social media "omg I have a test tomorrow and I want to unalive myself" "I will unalive my neighbour if I hear her car alarm again." It's so annoying
seems to be everywhere on tiktok with teenagers talking abotu their mental health issues

Reactions: 1
seems to be everywhere on tiktok with teenagers talking abotu their mental health issues
TikTok sometimes takes videos down if they use certain words in the on-screen text and that's one of them, I think this is part of why it's caught on so fast

British people who keeps saying "No Worries"
We are not in Oz 🙃 🤢

TikTok sometimes takes videos down if they use certain words in the on-screen text and that's one of them, I think this is part of why it's caught on so fast
It's a horrible word and it reminds me of the word "Undead" brrrr!

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure if this counts, but I hate it when people say “The proof is in the pudding.”
No the expression is “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.”
If you are going to use a saying, at least get it right! 😬
As you were… 😆

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure if this counts, but I hate it when people say “The proof is in the pudding.”
No the expression is “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.”
If you are going to use a saying, at least get it right! 😬
As you were… 😆
You are correct

“We still have a ways to go.”

It’s WAY! Singular! A way.

• Haha
Reactions: 9