Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MayVis

I’ve never bought a Popsy dress, never looked on its website, never been in any of the groups yet know all about Gummy’s family from lurking on here (I post on other threads). Originally drawn to Tattle by LLL but was never in that group either nor owned a pair - I just knew she was threatening other leggings companies and a quick google led me here.

Anyway, I’m not dodgy in the slightest but the fact that I could tell you lots about that woman and her children without having ever been in the groups should be a stark warning about the dangers of over sharing on the internet. Especially considering she’ll have had robust safeguarding training as part of her employment in a school.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I love Vlad ❤ she is what so many others in that group are desperate to be. Naturally quirky and different, she’s the real deal I think. I would love a massive rabbit and festive sheep!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

DrNooo

I'm still in and have just looked back at the photo that I posted of me in a Popsy (was quite a while back) and feel totally starstruck as Queen Vlad liked it. As did TAFKARB and cardigan Jade so they are now my people and must be protected at all costs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

MotorheadLife

VIP Member
I want Queen Vlad to be a model, but, she must have creative control. Vlad with a rabbit in a room with billowing net curtains and lace tablecloth. All the poopsies must match her hair extensions as well,

• Haha
  • Heart

Zuzu77

I wrote a truthful Trustpilot review and have already had 2 emails from them saying Popsy are challenging it and asking for it to be removed as they don't believe I was a genuine customer...have sent across the order reference for every single thing I've bought from them over the years 😂 will wait and see if it stays up!

• Haha
  • Heart

ophelia1990

VIP Member
This looks like it is linked to here as it mentions online trolling and usernames 🤔
That’s bollocks. Very few people would use a username here that links back to their real name. Absolute fantasy. Shes blocking anyone who dared join that other group by the sounds of things cos heaven forbid people have opinions on the things they spend their money on.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ManicMayz

The way I sprinted here when I saw Vlad's ginormous bunny 😄 She is the main character! Tim and co can try but they can never compete 😄

• Haha
  • Heart

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Why has that Unicorn woman suddenly put a review up on Trustpilot? She’s been a loyal customer for years, I’ve never thought about dashing over there to give my thoughts on MnS.

Has Sandra been rallying the troops to bring that 4* score back up? I’m not saying Fluffy Clouds woman is lying with her review, it’s just the timing is as dodgy as Dan’s cleavage

• Haha

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
So pleased to see Queen Vlad is the proud owner of a giant rabbit to complete the beautiful pussy she had on show last week.

Speaking of pussies, it suddenly struck me that Manielle isn’t filling Sandra’s coffers, they posted this….
IMG_3742.jpeg

‘My Popsy’?!
surely you should have rails of them Danny Boy?
Nope, quick scroll thro shows a dinosaur dress occasionally being worn but nothing else.

Why then the need to keep updating the other Poppettes on your life?

• Haha
  • Wow

Thespywhotalksalot

Chatty Member
Gummy has a slightly different surname, it's Wilks without the e.
Has this been posted before?

Never seen that article but fairly sure she posted about it in her daily diary!
---
Anyone else feel like SIBWM should be on the front of a local newspaper “Woman arrested after pub brawl following 10 pints of Stella and 5 shots of Tequila”
IMG_4827.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 27

ZeroCraic

It's quite quiet on F&F. Mainly just dress pictures. I'm going to say something nice now. TAFKARB has a lovely smile. She'd look lovely with some better fitting specs and a hairstyle she can maintain.

Normal bitching will resume shortly.
I'd take a bullet for TAFKARB tbh.
And I want to give Cardigan Jade a hug because it's hard being 17 and autistic.
I really want to give SIBWM Nic a makeover.

It's not all bitching here. Behind the snark, there is concern for these people.

• Heart

R_M

Not my review - but I think this is a good summary!

Longterm customer
I’m so torn about this company at the moment.
I have been a customer for several years and love the dresses and tights and the polyester isn’t really an issue for me personally. I do feel the dresses are a bit overpriced in comparison to other brands that only sell cotton or sustainable fabrics but I like the different dress shapes and although probably 75% of the fabric designs are not to my taste, there is plenty that are. I also think the alteration service is brilliant.

What I don’t like about Popsy is the Frocks and Friends group and the lack of transparency around the business. Many participants just seem completely unaware that the company is a business and its goal is to sell products and make money. I do not doubt that some people have made genuine friendships through the group but I suspect that is a very small number of the 50 000 members. I despise the FOMO generated that has led many members to purchase items they cannot afford. I have lost count of the number of people I have seen selling dresses to pay a bill. Some members seem to see Popsy as small, ethical brand but they are not. They are fast fashion, churning out a large volume of new products each week. If they were ethical, they certainly would not approve some of the posts from vulnerable customers while heavily censoring any kind of negative or even neutral feedback.
I have been horrified to hear about the mass banning of people from the group or those banned for asking where products were made, or pointing out safeguarding issues.
The business also touts itself as if Cherish, who likes to tell people she failed her A-levels, built the company from the ground up, despite this academic failure and her anxiety. Having read some posts in a gossip forum, it transpires that she actually has a business degree and married into a family who owned a clothing factory. In fact, those family members are actually the named directors on companies house and this information is available for anyone to check.

Come on Popsy, do better!

Just be honest and transparent.
I have no idea whether dresses are made in the UK or not as some seem to think, but either way, just be clear about where products originate.

Listen to your customers and sort out the car crash that is Frocks & Friends to protect the more vulnerable customers and safeguard the photos of kids you allowed shared there, along with identifying details. If you are out of your depth, hire someone to run it for you.

I’d also suggest considering whether you need to produce so many new designs each week? Why not make each style available in each print and consider a pre-order system?

I really do hope that you look at recent events and make changes to get through this.

Date of experience: 30 January 2024

• Heart

Tender & Tired

Chatty Member
I would mostly be worried about the children being bored to tears by a group of women getting over-excited about meeting up to compare polyester dresses 😆

• Haha
  • Heart