Popsy Clothing #15 Munchausens by Popsy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said “mum will ask some randoms on the internet if you’re a munter and you can base your self esteem on that ok?” View attachment 2990291
Is harmony the one who herself isn’t very KiNd to other kids saying they’re brown nosers and try hards for the teachers while she just brown noses for herself? 🧐
id say harmony needs a good look at herself…

Reactions: 1
The histrionics tonight over missing out on the crappy towels are hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They are doing themselves a favor missing out! I inherited beach towels bought in Crete in 1994 from my parents and they're STILL going strong. Popsy's towels look like one grain of sand could do them in.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dunelm do large towels for £15, they can just get one of them. Instead of looking a massive twit on the beach in their matching dress, hat, bag, lunch bag, towel, shoes and raincoats.
---
Bet gummy got one

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I did my good deed for this week.
I’m on a group for plus sized ladies and someone was asking for ethical brands. Popsy popped up a couple of times so I did my good deed by telling a few home truths about their dubious business practices.
Someone piped up ‘oh but the dresses are made in the UK and it’s a female owned company blah blah’
So I said have a look at Companies House and you might be surprised who actually owns that company because it ain’t her.
And that they sell an awful lot more than dresses now and they’ve been caught out claiming the other stuff is UK made. And also their social media groups are a disgrace.
I felt quite proud for my anti Popsy stance 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m on a group for plus sized ladies and someone was asking for ethical brands. Popsy popped up a couple of times so I did my good deed by telling a few home truths about their dubious business practices.
Someone piped up ‘oh but the dresses are made in the UK and it’s a female owned company blah blah’
So I said have a look at Companies House and you might be surprised who actually owns that company because it ain’t her.
And that they sell an awful lot more than dresses now and they’ve been caught out claiming the other stuff is UK made. And also their social media groups are a disgrace.
I did similar on twitter. Someone posted they’re found a nice black female-led UK small business and something else that made me think it was popsy. DMd her and set her straight!

Reactions: 13
Oh heck, this isn’t going to end well… hope they’ve got a bucket handy to extinguish the flames when the sparks from the coals ignite the sweaty polyester dress.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oh heck, this isn’t going to end well… hope they’ve got a bucket handy to extinguish the flames when the sparks from the coals ignite the sweaty polyester dress.
Dinosaurs, obviously. So she can recreate their fiery death whenever that dress goes up like a tinderbox.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When I read the Patrick Grant book recently he said the UK manufacturing laws are of such that you can make an item overseas and even if you just put the label in over here you can still claim its made in the UK.
He said the phrase 'designed in the UK' is now starting to be used a lot but its means nothing- as we well know.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The towels they sell in the Chinese shops on holiday are much cheaper and the same quality.

I agree that old beach towels are the way to go! They used to be nice and thick. Now every beach towel is that crappy microfibre material.

Reactions: 12
I wonder what they all talk about at meet ups, best debobbler, how to get sweat out of polyester…

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.