Popsy Clothing #15 Munchausens by Popsy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic (although the under pops comments reminded me), I need to get some shorts for under my dresses…I normally get snag tights chub rub shorts but since finding the rank snag page they’ve put me off a bit and they’ve also put them up £1.50 a pair…any suggestions?!
Bon Marche ones are actually cotton so much friendlier for sweaty days than the other lycra type ones

Reactions: 7
I have nothing against Danielle personally.

But this same essay popping up in five or six groups that I’m part of is BORING.

Also don’t think I’ve ever heard an adult woman talk about “girlhood” in the way that trans women seem to do. It’s fascinating to me.

How old is Danielle? Do we know? Certainly over about 40 I would think? Far out of “girlhood”.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 15

But this same essay popping up in five or six groups that I’m part of is BORING.

Also don’t think I’ve ever heard an adult woman talk about “girlhood” in the way that trans women seem to do. It’s fascinating to me.

How old is Danielle? Do we know? Certainly over about 40 I would think? Far out of “girlhood”.
Dan is 40. There was a whole thing on the birthday. I'll see if I can find it.
---
Get ready for The Birthday Post.... I'll spare you the 8 photos 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

It really winds me up that people like Danielle seem to think that the only way to define womanhood is with the colour pink and sparkles. It's actually quite a misogynistic viewpoint because all it does is reinforce gender stereotypes. Also, calling herself a "girl" is so demeaning, if she truly believes herself to be a woman she wouldn't use such infantile language, but then again she hasn't lived her life as a woman, she's lived it as a privileged white man who doesn't know what it's like to be female. Do you see men calling themselves boys?
Sorry to get on my soapbox, but wearing pink and using she/her pronouns doesn't automatically make you female in the ways we all think. Danielle may well have experienced discrimination as a trans woman, but she can't understand women's in the same way that I can understand trans issues. To try and claim "womanhood" is plain insulting and infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It really winds me up that people like Danielle seem to think that the only way to define womanhood is with the colour pink and sparkles. It's actually quite a misogynistic viewpoint because all it does is reinforce gender stereotypes. Also, calling herself a "girl" is so demeaning, if she truly believes herself to be a woman she wouldn't use such infantile language, but then again she hasn't lived her life as a woman, she's lived it as a privileged white man who doesn't know what it's like to be female. Do you see men calling themselves boys?
Sorry to get on my soapbox, but wearing pink and using she/her pronouns doesn't automatically make you female in the ways we all think. Danielle may well have experienced discrimination as a trans woman, but she can't understand women's in the same way that I can understand trans issues. To try and claim "womanhood" is plain insulting and infuriating.

I can take or leave TS, and if I did I would have no interest in swapping friendship bracelets (I find it very cringe in people that no longer have a teen in their age) and I own nothing that is pink. Am I to hand in my woman card? 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I can take or leave TS, and if I did I would have no interest in swapping friendship bracelets (I find it very cringe in people that no longer have a teen in their age) and I own nothing that is pink. Am I to hand in my woman card? 😝
I'm much the same though I do like pink, often in terms face PINK, as an extension of my lifelong favourite purple.

I did buy myself a Barbie for my 40th birthday because I always had a Sindy instead (good middle class gel Sindy) while I desperately wanted a Barbie with all her tacky trailer trash clothes in artificial fibres when I was actually a girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm much the same though I do like pink, often in terms face PINK, as an extension of my lifelong favourite purple.

I did buy myself a Barbie for my 40th birthday because I always had a Sindy instead (good middle class gel Sindy) while I desperately wanted a Barbie with all her tacky trailer trash clothes in artificial fibres when I was actually a girl.
Yeah it was always Sindy I was bought too. I also like pink and I did make my friend and her daughter TS friendship bracelets when we went to see the Eras movie but I wasn’t exchanging them with strangers.

Slightly off topic (although the under pops comments reminded me), I need to get some shorts for under my dresses…I normally get snag tights chub rub shorts but since finding the rank snag page they’ve put me off a bit and they’ve also put them up £1.50 a pair…any suggestions?!
Better tights ones are on offer at the minute, I keep seeing them advertised on Facebook
---
Dan is 40. There was a whole thing on the birthday. I'll see if I can find it.
---
Get ready for The Birthday Post.... I'll spare you the 8 photos 🙄
I see nothing wrong whatsoever with the person who got a Barbie for their 40th birthday going into a career where they’re working with children. Definitely not a red flag of any kind..

Reactions: 9
I’m sure a variation of this has been said before, but I have a vision of trans women like Danielle wearing their pink sparkly girly outfits out in public, but as soon as they get home, they lock the door, close the curtains, strip down to their stained, hole-ridden F+F boxers their ex-wife bought them a decade ago, chuck their long blonde wig onto the sofa, slump down in front of the footy, open a can of Special Brew while simultaneously letting out the loudest fart that they’ve been holding all day, while chugging their shaft as their mind wanders to all the women they made feel uncomfortable and unsafe that day.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
That's basically what I do, and I was born with a fanny.
---
Well, the farting in (my other half's) boxers, anyway. And wigs are bloody uncomfortable!

• Haha
Just saw this. I despair of humanity. Your shoulders are simply narrower than the jumpsuit or you have a smaller bust so there is excess fabric that is pooling at the back... plus it's gaping because it's poorly drafted and badly made. They're all so shocked about it. Has nobody ever had a piece of clothing that doesn't fit everywhere. DEAR GOD!

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 15.40.10.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just saw this. I despair of humanity. Your shoulders are simply narrower than the jumpsuit or you have a smaller bust so there is excess fabric that is pooling at the back... plus it's gaping because it's poorly drafted and badly made. They're all so shocked about it. Has nobody ever had a piece of clothing that doesn't fit everywhere. DEAR GOD!

View attachment 3018326
"ruining the whole jumpsuit for me" honestly, if I can't see it, I don't care, I'm very low maintenance :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
See I’m very supportive of the trans community but I do agree here. It’s almost like wearing a “girl” costume.
I’m 40 and I can’t say I’ve referred to myself as a “girl” unironically for at least ten years. And I would look at my female colleagues funny if they did as well.
Pink and sparkles… whatever. Wear what you want if it makes you happy. But one does not have to be pink and sparkly to be a woman.

Reactions: 14
Why are the Halloween outfits coming out already? It’s June for fucks sake
A lot of them are ‘Halloween is my entire personality’ types.

If I were a Popette I’d probably enjoy the cooler seasons too. They must all be baking right now in an attempt to twin with Cherish.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.