Poppy Adams #4 A boyfriend brother and a droopy purple tit, honestly you couldn't make up this

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if someone’s offended by someone joking that their sibling might be adopted I don’t think Tattle the right place for you 😂
I used to tell my sister she was adopted to wind her up all the time

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Fair enough, they’re not en par, you’re right. It’s just a horrible thing to joke about and it’s way way too common IMO, esp with the number of children in care, looking for foster, adoptive parents etc. These children are not less than those who stay with their parents/families growing up.

It’s not a subject close to my heart for a particular reason, just something I find extraordinary that it’s “still ok” to joke about apparently. It’s just a really hurtful thing to say you wish you weren’t blood related to someone because if they were your adopted sibling that would mean less.

ETA: same with kids born through affairs / step families etc. They’re not less, it’s not their fault.

Yeah you’re right, but I don’t think it’s ok that it’s still banter in this day and age for my reasons above.
You know what? At first I was like “oh shes overreacting to a joke” but you have made good points and effectively called out something that is hurtful. I am unsure of my ability to have children and have always considered adoption, but I never considered how hurtful a joke like this would be.
edit to say thank you

Reactions: 4
You know what? At first I was like “oh shes overreacting to a joke” but you have made good points and effectively called out something that is hurtful. I am unsure of my ability to have children and have always considered adoption, but I never considered how hurtful a joke like this would be.
edit to say thank you
My god 🤦🏻‍♀️ It was in no way a reference or judgement about anything whatsoever to do with adoption, people who have been adopted or have adopted. It has been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. There was no offence intended, I have already apologised and frankly, jumping on this in a thread which by it's very nature picks someone apart, is a bit rich. It was a reference to the fact that I had always thought my brother and I were so different, we don't look related. Nothing more. Stop trying to find hostility where there is none.

Anyway, as you were 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My god 🤦🏻‍♀️ It was in no way a reference or judgement about anything whatsoever to do with adoption, people who have been adopted or have adopted. It has been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. There was no offence intended, I have already apologised and frankly, jumping on this in a thread which by it's very nature picks someone apart, is a bit rich. It was a reference to the fact that I had always thought my brother and I were so different, we don't look related. Nothing more. Stop trying to find hostility where there is none.

Anyway, as you were 😬
Hi there, I was thanking someone for calling out something I have been using as a joke all of my life, I wasn’t picking anyone apart. As you were ;)

We can all agree that comedy has become a minefield nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Perhaps we can lighten the mood and do our own version of an " ask Poppy Q&A on WLS " seeing as she can't be arsed !

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think it’s purely for engagement she posts these wls Questions. She’s not gonna answer them. She wants engagement to get her profile more active. End of day what she gonna answer with any way,
“Haven’t lost much weight since I love eating all the wrong foods, lost a little but IVe also trained my new stomach to Not really ‘dump’ and learnt how to eat all the food I shouldn’t”

you never see her share any kind of salads. It’s a burger with a mini salad. Or it’s a ‘tiny’ bite of a doughnut,cookie, cheese board....

The Donald crap is literally horrid. It’s like Evans when they used to only sell rent like materiel to hide the larger women in. Horrible. Definitely not selling me anything looking at that, equally as bad as the stuff Jess was sent, 😂🤣

• Heart
I think it’s purely for engagement she posts these wls Questions. She’s not gonna answer them. She wants engagement to get her profile more active. End of day what she gonna answer with any way,
“Haven’t lost much weight since I love eating all the wrong foods, lost a little but IVe also trained my new stomach to Not really ‘dump’ and learnt how to eat all the food I shouldn’t”

you never see her share any kind of salads. It’s a burger with a mini salad. Or it’s a ‘tiny’ bite of a doughnut,cookie, cheese board....

The Donald crap is literally horrid. It’s like Evans when they used to only sell rent like materiel to hide the larger women in. Horrible. Definitely not selling me anything looking at that, equally as bad as the stuff Jess was sent, 😂🤣
I agree with the food thing. With WLS and having PCOS, it'll also be about the types of food she's eats rather then just amount. Her food is always full of stodge and carbs and although we don't see the actual amount she gets through, the meals could be healthier and be less carb heavy which would help her PCOS symptoms.

Reactions: 5
I agree with the food thing. With WLS and having PCOS, it'll also be about the types of food she's eats rather then just amount. Her food is always full of stodge and carbs and although we don't see the actual amount she gets through, the meals could be healthier and be less carb heavy which would help her PCOS symptoms.
💯
Wls will only work so much. If she’s IR like myself as I suffer badly with being insulin resistance in the terms if I over eat carbs whether I’m in calorie deficit I gain. And I know it’s different for everyone and I’m not meaning it to sound like you can’t eat carbs ever. BUT even things you might not realise are so high in carbs. And it’s all she mainly eats.

wonder if that came up between her and her surgeons as it would be a vital key ingoing forward from the beginning of having wls especially her first visits for check ups etc.

somtimes it really annoys me people have disposable cash that can sort their physical weight ( Iknow mentally they don’t always improve) but I ,woe is me, struggles to lose weight eating healthier and better becuase of pcos. No amount of weight training cardio and each day watching my intake of carbs and sugars helps. Sometimes I think duck it I just Need the money for wls arghhhh!!
Sorry for the rant 🤣

• Heart
💯
Wls will only work so much. If she’s IR like myself as I suffer badly with being insulin resistance in the terms if I over eat carbs whether I’m in calorie deficit I gain. And I know it’s different for everyone and I’m not meaning it to sound like you can’t eat carbs ever. BUT even things you might not realise are so high in carbs. And it’s all she mainly eats.

wonder if that came up between her and her surgeons as it would be a vital key ingoing forward from the beginning of having wls especially her first visits for check ups etc.

somtimes it really annoys me people have disposable cash that can sort their physical weight ( Iknow mentally they don’t always improve) but I ,woe is me, struggles to lose weight eating healthier and better becuase of pcos. No amount of weight training cardio and each day watching my intake of carbs and sugars helps. Sometimes I think duck it I just Need the money for wls arghhhh!!
Sorry for the rant 🤣
Never heard her mention IR...she just has a very unhealthy relationship with food and no concept of portion size or control. She continues to abuse her body by eating foods that are the reason she has now had 2 major WLS in 10 years. Until she address's that nothing will ever change hence the fact she has not achieved anywhere near the amount of weight loss she should have by now !

Reactions: 5
She's so secretive around her WLS, it's infuriating. I think I'd find it far more authentic if she just said "you know what, I've had the surgery but my head isn't playing the game and I'm struggling with making the right choices". To share so much in the run up to the surgery and to then just completely shut everything relating to it down post-surgery...just seems a bit evasive and dishonest to me. I agree with her that talking numbers on a scale and dress sizes is potentially triggering for some and she has a responsibility to her followers but that doesn't stop her sharing her honest experience of the whole process. I mean the honest truth about how she is mentally as well as physially would be something I'd really want to know if I was considering the surgery. Don't sugar coat it or skirt around the edges of it, tell me honestly. If not, what's the point in sharing it at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
In my opinion I think she shared it originally because she thought she’d get loads of questions when the weight started dropping off. In reality it hasn’t happened and if she’d never mentioned it no one would ever have known

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In my opinion I think she shared it originally because she thought she’d get loads of questions when the weight started dropping off. In reality it hasn’t happened and if she’d never mentioned it no one would ever have known
Completely agree. At the pace she has lost, I don’t think anyone would have guessed she has WLS in July. She could have lost the same amount (maybe more?) in the same space by reducing calories and exercising more.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Never heard her mention IR...she just has a very unhealthy relationship with food and no concept of portion size or control. She continues to abuse her body by eating foods that are the reason she has now had 2 major WLS in 10 years. Until she address's that nothing will ever change hence the fact she has not achieved anywhere near the amount of weight loss she should have by now !
I’m just presuming she’s IR with previous comment from another tattler mentioning about her having pcos.
Completely agree She has a terrible relationship with food. And I can’t even believe this is her second wls!!! Madness!!!

still think she only puts out the ask questions for engagement.

Reactions: 2
edit to say thank you
Thank you, I appreciate your post.

I didn’t mean to off-rail the chat and I’m sorry to those of you who doing want to have to scroll past my posts/the replies.

if someone’s offended by someone joking that their sibling might be adopted I don’t think Tattle the right place for you 😂
I used to tell my sister she was adopted to wind her up all the time
And as far as I’m concerned Tattle is for EVERYONE, regardless of any of their characteristics. I wasn’t breaking any of the forum rules as far as I’m aware. I don’t believe it’s up to you to tell anyone who’s welcome here and who isn’t.

I didn’t mean to off-rail the chat and I’m sorry to those of you who doing want to have to scroll past my posts/the replies.

And as far as I’m concerned Tattle is for EVERYONE, regardless of any of their characteristics. I wasn’t breaking any of the forum rules as far as I’m aware. I don’t believe it’s up to you to tell anyone who’s welcome here and who isn’t.
You did break the law, FUN POLICE

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Oh bore off I was joking

anyway back to Poppy... that dress from Donald Stanley was hideous and really not flattering

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Are we still going with this?? Can we try and stick to the thread, its already gone a completely unrelated way with the adoption comments and now this.

Reactions: 8
She's so secretive around her WLS, it's infuriating. I think I'd find it far more authentic if she just said "you know what, I've had the surgery but my head isn't playing the game and I'm struggling with making the right choices". To share so much in the run up to the surgery and to then just completely shut everything relating to it down post-surgery...just seems a bit evasive and dishonest to me. I agree with her that talking numbers on a scale and dress sizes is potentially triggering for some and she has a responsibility to her followers but that doesn't stop her sharing her honest experience of the whole process. I mean the honest truth about how she is mentally as well as physially would be something I'd really want to know if I was considering the surgery. Don't sugar coat it or skirt around the edges of it, tell me honestly. If not, what's the point in sharing it at all?
I agree with most of what you wrote however, unfortunately or fortunately, it's the basics that people do what to know, how much she has lost etc etc...she is more than capable of putting a trigger warning before mentioning emotive stuff so people have the choice to swipe on by etc..

Personally I think she disappointed and mislead a lot of the people following her. I'm sure there are many who follow her who are going through their own battles with weight that were looking to her for information and insight especially after her big announcement before the surgery. And she has been neither informative or helpful ...the opposite in fact ...WLSx2 and still eating crap ...nah !

I’m just presuming she’s IR with previous comment from another tattler mentioning about her having pcos.
Completely agree She has a terrible relationship with food. And I can’t even believe this is her second wls!!! Madness!!!

still think she only puts out the ask questions for engagement.
Yeah I can't be certain she had insulin resistance but it is very prominent in those who suffer with PCOS, especially those who find it hard to lose weight. She has definitely discussed having PCOS before. She could be doing a lot more to help herself, even after the WLS.

Linked to this, a friend of mine received a shielding letter today for having a BMI over 40. Poppy and Jess are way bigger than her and a similar height so will be interesting to see if they mention anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.