Poppy Adams #19 We’ve seen bigger tits on a bird table!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20220810-195924_Instagram.jpg

Strategically placed aff link where her VBL is. So doesn't show what the dress will actually look like.

Reactions: 10
I like some of those Peacocks clothes but none of them fit Poppy. She would not be able to sit down in that brown dress, for example. Still, everything looked better than her own choice of clothing. She thinks the skater skirts, tight fitting tops and tights make her look smaller and as a person with a low belly, I agree with her. However, it helps if the clothes are clean and not holey and crusty and you wouldn't catch me dead in that get up in Summer. She is a dick.

Reactions: 6
I have had some bizarre substitutes with my shopping but not once have I ever felt the need to make story after story about it? Take the nappies to a foodbank and do something kind for others for once, Poppy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
An entire life of being told by her parents that that's the case. A bit of humility and self-awareness wouldn't have gone amiss.
My ex and his sister had been told all their lives by their parents that they deserved the world and were amazing people, and that if things didn’t go their way it wasn’t their fault. It’s led to them being very stuck up adults who never accept responsibility for anything and think the world is against them when anything even slightly doesn’t go their way.

I feel Poppy and Ben were bought up by very similar parents as I see a lot of the same traits. It’s not attractive.

Reactions: 12
My ex and his sister had been told all their lives by their parents that they deserved the world and were amazing people, and that if things didn’t go their way it wasn’t their fault. It’s led to them being very stuck up adults who never accept responsibility for anything and think the world is against them when anything even slightly doesn’t go their way.

I feel Poppy and Ben were bought up by very similar parents as I see a lot of the same traits. It’s not attractive.
I think it's more a case of Poppy being brought up to expect everything handed to her, she has no concept of the value of money because shes never had to work hard for anything. She's bone idle and she also has a selective memory with what is truth and what is fantasy. She's going to be 30 soon, I would imagine her parents are secretly disappointed at how little she has achieved with her life.

Reactions: 10

It's a fine line between raising your children to be confident, proud of themselves, believe they can do anything they can set their minds to, and have amazing self esteem (good) and them being entitled, arrogant arseholes who think the world owes them a living and everything is always someone elses fault.

I can relate to this because I was constantly told by my parents that I was amazing, beautiful, and could achieve anything I wanted. Despite which I think I've turned out relatively normal! However we were not well off, far from it, and I never expected anything for free. Maybe that's the difference :)

I quite liked the denim dress she tried on from Peacocks, clearly there was some camera trickery involved because she looked more like a 16-18 than her actual size!

Reactions: 7
I quite liked the denim dress she tried on from Peacocks, clearly there was some camera trickery involved because she looked more like a 16-18 than her actual size!
There's always some camera trickery when it comes to Poppy.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's a fine line between raising your children to be confident, proud of themselves, believe they can do anything they can set their minds to, and have amazing self esteem (good) and them being entitled, arrogant arseholes who think the world owes them a living and everything is always someone elses fault.

I can relate to this because I was constantly told by my parents that I was amazing, beautiful, and could achieve anything I wanted. Despite which I think I've turned out relatively normal! However we were not well off, far from it, and I never expected anything for free. Maybe that's the difference :)

Yeah that’s 100% the key difference. My mum raised me to be proud of who I am, confident and to just always do my best, but she instilled a really strong work ethic in me. My mum struggled as a single mum to bring us up and I think through that I learnt that you do have to work for things in life and that it doesn’t always go your way.

Poppy is very self entitled because she’s never been taught that life won’t always go her way or how to handle it when it doesn’t, and she also seems to think the world owes her a huge favour.

Reactions: 8
Ben seems to have turned out ok. Bit of a prat but knows the value of work and seems to have actual current friends rather than people who are stuck with him because they were childhood friends/ kids of parents friends.

Poppy is just a lazy bleep who think the world owes her a living, just for being amazing.

Reactions: 13
Yeah that’s 100% the key difference. My mum raised me to be proud of who I am, confident and to just always do my best, but she instilled a really strong work ethic in me. My mum struggled as a single mum to bring us up and I think through that I learnt that you do have to work for things in life and that it doesn’t always go your way.

Poppy is very self entitled because she’s never been taught that life won’t always go her way or how to handle it when it doesn’t, and she also seems to think the world owes her a huge favour.
I also think that she has that middle class attitude (no offence to anyone middle class, I am generalising) where she thinks she's better than everyone else. I only say that as someone from a working class background who now lives in a very middle class village. I do think the people here and the kids have a more confident self assured attitude and a sense of self importance. I don't think that's a bad thing to have as such, I think it can help you get far in life. I think Poppy has that to some extent, but also the fact that she's a spoilt brat and has parents that haven't brought her up properly, that doesn't help and has made her into this horrible person.

Reactions: 9
The only difference between Ben and poppy is that he works full time! He is just as much of a spoilt brat as she is. I will never ever get over him absolutely spitting his dummy because there was no sausages on the table even tho it was full of food! Also his weight is disgusting, he’s only a young man but he can barely walk. His parents will outlive him I’m so sure of it, heart attack waiting to happen.

I don’t think it helps that her parents always seem to step in to sort out her problems - overweight? Here’s money for a gastric band. Still overweight? Here’s more money for a gastric bypass. Need to travel from Kings Cross? I’ll come and pick you up (even though you could get a train). Need a car? Here borrow mine and we’ll buy you one for your birthday.

It’s hard to grow up when your parents are always there solving your problems for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But truly loving your children means saying no to them too. Teaching them the value of hard work. She has none of those core values. She has parents that have indulged her every whim - 12 grand weightloss surgery being one of them. They should've said no to her until she put in some effort to help herself. Same as funding her current student lifestyle in Edinburgh. She's 30 years old, educated and more than capable of working a full time job but because they enable her she's this lazy lump that contributes nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Totally agree with @Diddikins there. It's almost like a playbook on now not to treat your adult kids. Helping them out is one thing, any sane parent will do that when needed, subsidising their lazy lifestyle is quite another.

What good has spoiling her rotten done Poppy so far?

• Heart
I think when it comes to Poppy, a lot of it is related to her hip problems in childhood. I think her parents (mum in particular) has babied her long into adulthood. She absolutely had some arrested development going on considering how she was as a teenager, from the photos etc she has shared. Then on top of that coming from a wealthy family and all that comes with that eg private education- it’s a bad combination of factors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.