PollyVdsz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only started following recently and I quite like her. I like her raw honesty. We’ve all made an impulse purchase, not sure what buying bedsheets has to do with your political preferences 🤷🏼‍♀️.

It’s her money, she can spend it how she likes. She was honest about the fact it was a silly move and she regrets it. What else can she do at this point?
I think I agree re the bedsheets. I don't actually like her much, but she did express multiple times that she thought it was a crazy decision and a waste of money etc, and that she had to cut back on other things for a few months to compensate for them. I prefer that to some idiot influencers showing off stuff they've been gifted that would cost us hoi polloi hundreds if not thousands of pounds.
Spending that much on gingham sheets is ludicrous though, when she said how much they cost I was expecting something very nice and fancy 🤣

Reactions: 6
I think she comes across really condescending after these therapy sessions she has; like she’s from a very privileged position in the first place. Recommending it to everyone like everyone can just afford it 🙄.

The bedsheets was ridiculous, they were ugly af and really nothing special. I’d be mortified if I was her, I know she says she never does it and regrets it etc but what on earth possessed her to pay that much in the first place? Like sat there and thought yeah, I’ll spend £200 on a bedding set that’s just gingham linen? I know it’s her money and that’s cool, but she could’ve got something way more luxurious for that 🙃

Reactions: 7
I honestly don't mind Polly, I found her through Gabby's thread, lost a bit of respect for her over defending Gabby, but something tells me she placated Gabby about that so as to avoid conflict. I don't follow her on Twitter though, only Insta.
I find her stories quite entertaining and even though I frigging hate cooking, watching her being quite adventurous with her food does kinda inspire me a little bit.
The bedding story was ridiculous though. Who spends that much on bedding? Even if you fancy splurging you can get nice quality bedding for under £100. Gingham is so on trend atm as well you could def get some in the UK.
I don't find her shop groundbreaking, every time I consider buying something I realise there's nothing I really want. The only thing I almost bought was the new pink tote but I have too many bags as it is.

Reactions: 3
I just remembered when she brought out her newest greetings cards she had this one that was like... go off-brand and kind of grim that I was extremely confused. Doesn’t seem to be on the site anymore but you can see it on the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20210204190350/https://www.sighh.co/collections/greetings-cards
View attachment 562700
From a purely logistical perspective...if you're going to do it in the tent, what is the hole for? Make it make sense!

• Haha
eek the therapy stories also triggered me, couldn't even get the max amount of counselling sessions due to Covid free from my uni. Plus what has she got to talk about other than her ex and no one wanting to go out with her

From a purely logistical perspective...if you're going to do it in the tent, what is the hole for? Make it make sense!
I think she means from a social distancing POV, like one person in the tent and one using the hole...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to really like Polly, I followed her from the Tumblr days and before she became an ~influencer~. But the past couple of years, I've got major "I'm privileged" vibes from her which is so off-putting.

I also think Sighh's designs have gone waaay downhill. She was so much more creative a few years ago.

Reactions: 12
Also I’m not claiming to be an expert on rona rules but whenever they’re in the office together they never seem to be wearing masks? But everywhere else I’ve seen people have been wearing masks at work.

Also I’m not claiming to be an expert on rona rules but whenever they’re in the office together they never seem to be wearing masks? But everywhere else I’ve seen people have been wearing masks at work.
according to the government website it’s down to the employer and their risk assessment as to whether employees need to wear face coverings (in non public facing workplaces aka their studio).

I think they’re still meant to social distance and should be well ventilated etc.

Personally I would wear a facemask but I don’t think it’s the specifically the rules

Reactions: 2
I noticed they were wearing masks right at the start of the move and now they don’t. Why bother in the first place 🤣 plus Polly said previously she had an “unholy amount of sex” so she isn’t really keeping to rules 😂

• Sick
I noticed they were wearing masks right at the start of the move and now they don’t. Why bother in the first place 🤣 plus Polly said previously she had an “unholy amount of sex” so she isn’t really keeping to rules 😂
Oh god, what a very over-compensating 18 Yr old thing to say.... I can't.

I can’t believe how much STUFF she has for one person. She lives in a 3 bed house and it’s full - even the bathroom is cluttered with things

Literally always thought that!! My partner and have been living at my mums for the past year in a tiny room with all our stuff and its never been as cluttered as Polly's mega house. Why is there stuff literally everywhere???

Reactions: 1
This doesn’t even make sense. You can pay VAT if you want to before you hit the threshold but you don’t HAVE to. So why would businesses be paying it if they don’t make a profit? Her profit margins are bleeping massive anyway.
Shes deffo a Tory isn’t she hahaha wanker

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This doesn’t even make sense. You can pay VAT if you want to before you hit the threshold but you don’t HAVE to. So why would businesses be paying it if they don’t make a profit? Her profit margins are bleeping massive anyway.
All I could see looking at that was how stretched her ear piercing is! Looks painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.